PDA

View Full Version : EP3 02-03 and 04-05 spec?

|N|
15-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi guys... long time no post... thinking about the EP3 rite now...

but i really dont know much about it...

so i m hoping someone can give me a hand her...

ok so here it is... as far as i know.. they have the pre and post facelift...

i m wanting to know apart from exterior facelift... any other diff?

i myself actaully like 02-03 ones.. but i also love the headlights from 04-05

i m guessing they wont be interchangable... but would it be a huge fuss if i insist to put the 04 headlights on a say 02 model?

many thx for the input...

P.S. i did search .. .didnt quite find wat i m after

Cheers
Nick

typercivic
15-06-2008, 08:56 PM
have a look here...

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90650

ekhybrid
15-06-2008, 08:58 PM
apparently headlights can be done - thinking of it myself
http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=140796

lighter flywheel
revised suspsension
2 tone seats
centre console
r the other things that are diff

Chi
15-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Off memory they did a test and the face lift was like 0.2 secs quicker in 1/4.

But engine wise is pretty much the same minus the flywheel.

Pretty sure you cannot use pre face lift bumper,grill and headlights on the fact lift and viceversa.

aaronng
15-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Baller.... I'd get post facelift just for the headlights and bumper. Also, newer car, lower kms. You buying in Sydney or HK? If in HK, get FD2R and make us all envious. :p

|N|
15-06-2008, 09:51 PM
in syd la...

*cough*i ll be back *cough*

problem is i ve been searching carsales and hardly any post facelift

anyone know their going pricec?

pre afaik is around 24-28k

Philip Lee
15-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Pre FL bumpers and HL are interchangable with FL. the grill isn't tho cos the size is diff.

|N|
15-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Pre FL bumpers and HL are interchangable with FL. the grill isn't tho cos the size is diff.

so ur saying if i have 02 car.. i can just put on the 05 HL and front bar no problem at all? if so i will be really happy ...

but then come to think of it... coz if the grill r diff size... then how do i fit the front bar?

Philip Lee
15-06-2008, 10:30 PM
^ yes that's right. they're interchangable.

the grill bolts onto the bumper. as the FL grill is bigger, the FL bumper has a bigger hole for it. so when u change bumper, you'll have to change the grill.

Nepolian
15-06-2008, 10:32 PM
so ur saying if i have 02 car.. i can just put on the 05 HL and front bar no problem at all? if so i will be really happy ...

but then come to think of it... coz if the grill r diff size... then how do i fit the front bar?

Get a FL grille!

aaronng
15-06-2008, 10:33 PM
in syd la...

Come back in time for Wakie. I've seen someone with a post facelift in that price range, but he knew the importer.

egads
15-06-2008, 11:46 PM
in syd la...

Facelift 30k+

doubt any on carsales or the sort. would have to speak to a dealer like img for example.

|N|
16-06-2008, 12:13 AM
^ yes that's right. they're interchangable.

the grill bolts onto the bumper. as the FL grill is bigger, the FL bumper has a bigger hole for it. so when u change bumper, you'll have to change the grill.

Get a FL grille!

SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK....

so i can just get 02 model and somehow source a pair of 05 headlights, grill and Front bar...
oh and wat about the OEM HID?

pre face doesnt have HID right?

bonnet same dimension?

or i will have to change bonnet as well?

doesnt bother me if it does,.. excuse for CF bonnet.,,

typercivic
16-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Facelift 30k+

doubt any on carsales or the sort. would have to speak to a dealer like img for example.

facelift is 30k+, i know cos i i brought one in ha ha. IMG are a good place to deal with...was very happy with their service(compliance only). It all depends, it would be possible to get a sub 30K face lift but it won't be in great nick so it depends on your budget and how fussy you are.

SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK....

so i can just get 02 model and somehow source a pair of 05 headlights, grill and Front bar...
oh and wat about the OEM HID?

pre face doesnt have HID right?
bonnet same dimension?
or i will have to change bonnet as well?
doesnt bother me if it does,.. excuse for CF bonnet.,,

you could do that but it isn't easy to get hold of face lift stuff(headlights etc) with not many being around so be prepared to spend $$$

i thought they all had HID(correct me if im wrong) my FL had it, isn't it more so to do with the C package rather than FL or not.

bonnet is the same all the way through.

|N|
16-06-2008, 04:58 AM
i really have no clue if all comes with HID or not...

but any idea on how much for FL headlights + front bar + grill?

aaronng
16-06-2008, 08:27 AM
If it doesn't have HID washers and levellers, be prepared for your compliance guy to have to take it off. Speak with them to give you the HID parts after they remove it, so that you can do a dodgy and put them back on after compliance.

egads
16-06-2008, 08:29 AM
my pre facelift has HID standard. it all depends if the importer removes them or not during compliance.

try us ebay for those parts.

egads
16-06-2008, 08:36 AM
how about this. facelift headlights on a prefacelift ep3 with mugen front spoiler.

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/501/jdm-ep3.jpg

Nepolian
16-06-2008, 08:41 AM
If it doesn't have HID washers and levellers, be prepared for your compliance guy to have to take it off. Speak with them to give you the HID parts after they remove it, so that you can do a dodgy and put them back on after compliance.

The place that complied mine gave me the run around when I asked for the headlights back and I just ended giving up.

my pre facelift has HID standard. it all depends if the importer removes them or not during compliance.

try us ebay for those parts.

Its more cost effective for them not to :)

sai_ANN
16-06-2008, 09:36 AM
i really have no clue if all comes with HID or not...

but any idea on how much for FL headlights + front bar + grill?

i was thinking of doing that when i got my EP3 (buy pre FL and change the lights)...but like others have said, it's hard to find the source the lights unless you have somebody in japan willing to do so for you...and if you were to order from honda japan it'll probably cost you and arm and a leg...so...if you have the budget i would recommend you to buy a FL one (newer car, less km etc)...

but then again...if you find a pre-FL one... please see below...LOL...joking :p

Philip Lee
16-06-2008, 09:47 AM
for me personally, i'd either get a FL or pre FL with mugen bits. it's not easy and exxy to find FL HL and bumper like everyone said.

not all EP3 has OEM HID. you only get HID if your car has C package. if your car has electric folding mirrors and exterior temp gauge then it's a C package. this apply for FL and pre FL.

my car came with HID and the compliance swapped it but i got the parts back. it wasn't too hard to "fix" it haha.

SuperSteve
16-06-2008, 05:09 PM
you guys reckon i could get onto IMG and ask if they can give me the HID's it came with :D ?

egads
16-06-2008, 05:14 PM
you dont have hids? and yours is from img?

SuperSteve
16-06-2008, 05:18 PM
i have HID's but i think they are the ones from the eu model here in australia because it looks old and the cover of the headlights are scratched. I have the 02 model

egads
16-06-2008, 05:35 PM
i dont think the eu models have hid here do they?

sai_ANN
16-06-2008, 05:40 PM
you guys reckon i could get onto IMG and ask if they can give me the HID's it came with :D ?

funny that they took away your HIDs...coz i got to keep mine... *shrugs*

SuperSteve
16-06-2008, 05:44 PM
meh... when i get around to it ill probably end up putting in the facelift lights in because they look mean and sexc hehe :D

|N|
16-06-2008, 06:55 PM
how about this. facelift headlights on a prefacelift ep3 with mugen front spoiler.

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/501/jdm-ep3.jpg
that certainly does the job for me...

but from wat i can see... the pre face runs H4 i m guessing?

and the FL runs something else with seperate hi and lo beam.. so by doing so .. i will need a relay of some sort correct?

can someone just find me a cheap FL ... that will fix up everything

NightRyder
16-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi N, you are right about the FL headlights, they will require some minor rewiring due to the fact that the HID hi and low beams are separate as opposed to the pre-FL which runs all within the one. Quite an interesting sight seeing the ore-FL headlights change to low to hi beam..hehe :)

I am also in the market for the oem FL lights but no luck so far.

Can someone confirm for certain if whether the fenders, bonnet and grille (incl. front brackets, etc) won't require modification if I put FL headlights?

Also, EU's don't come with HID and all JDM EP3's should come with HID standard (incl. C-packages)...

that certainly does the job for me...

but from wat i can see... the pre face runs H4 i m guessing?

and the FL runs something else with seperate hi and lo beam.. so by doing so .. i will need a relay of some sort correct?

can someone just find me a cheap FL ... that will fix up everything

|N|
16-06-2008, 08:56 PM
i found a lot of FL headlights on ebay ... but ofcoz they r not OEM... but looks identical.. just not sure how good they r quality wise

Philip Lee
17-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Can someone confirm for certain if whether the fenders, bonnet and grille (incl. front brackets, etc) won't require modification if I put FL headlights?

i'm 99% sure the fenders and HL are the same shape for all EP3, grill is obviously different but they are bolted onto the bumper so when you change bumper, u change the grill together.

however i can't confirm the bonnet tho but i think they should be the same as well.

i guess syd people can organise a meet and make a comparison.

Nepolian
17-06-2008, 09:31 AM
i'm 99% sure the fenders and HL are the same shape for all EP3, grill is obviously different but they are bolted onto the bumper so when you change bumper, u change the grill together.

however i can't confirm the bonnet tho but i think they should be the same as well.

i guess syd people can organise a meet and make a comparison.

Cant see honda changing the bonnet or guards for the face lift!

egads
17-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Syd Ep3 Meet!

ekhybrid
17-06-2008, 10:24 AM
i dont think the eu models have hid here do they?

nah they dont

civ04
18-06-2008, 12:58 PM
apparently headlights can be done - thinking of it myself
http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=140796

lighter flywheel
revised suspsension
2 tone seats
centre console
r the other things that are diff

I can hear your avatar sayin"theres nothin but meat between these buns"lol

Nepolian
18-06-2008, 06:53 PM

If thats true, I smell............gayness!

He must work for Burgerking or atleast the promo manager for some burger joint :)

SuperSteve
18-06-2008, 07:13 PM

lol is that quote off the longest yard ?

BlitZ
19-09-2008, 10:24 AM
The important question is...what are u gonna name the new car? Nicky?