PDA

View Full Version : New 08 Civic Sport is it worth voiding the warranty to mod?

clickclick123
15-06-2008, 10:31 PM
I just bought a new civic sport it comes with a 5 year warranty, I was wondering if there is any way to lower it without voiding the warranty? (E.g maybe putting mugen parts on it?), if not is it worth voiding the warranty?

bennjamin
15-06-2008, 10:39 PM
correct me if wrong , the warranty of the part replaced or directly related is void only

IE you put aftermarket suspension , this voids your suspension and tyres warranty etc

renegadeice
16-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Ben is right.

More information available here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87678

|N|
16-06-2008, 01:19 AM
springs they dont really care anyway....

generally they wont catch u for things like that unless ur gonna use their warrant claim then they start checking ur car for this and that.. but springs... i dont see any problem...

i had mugen hand brake cover too they didnt viod my hand brake warr either...

LD_Mart
16-06-2008, 02:16 AM
well i dont know... they pinned some crap on me for springs...
they told me the rust around my sunroof was caused by me lowering the car and putting tension on the roof and wouldnt let me claim for rust...
but the panel beater looked at it and reckons that there was no way that my suspension caused it but it was more an incorrect installation...
But it was my fault for lowering so i just coughed up the money and paid to get it fixed...
that was on my 06 FD2

hisoka
16-06-2008, 08:26 AM
I just bought a new civic sport it comes with a 5 year warranty, I was wondering if there is any way to lower it without voiding the warranty? (E.g maybe putting mugen parts on it?), if not is it worth voiding the warranty?

if you buy the mugen parts from honda,~, then no it will not void warranty if they install it, i got my jdm front conversion done by honda on my accord euro and i still got warranty. but i will tell you now it cost a shit load~

danjoy25
16-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Would I have a problem with warranty if I replace my 15" VTI Alloys dealer fitted with the Civic Sports 17" if I do it myself? Should I be better off getting the dealer fit it when I go for my 1000k's service?

shadou
16-06-2008, 10:52 AM
.. are serious? Honda ain't gonna dog you on something as stupid as changing stock OEM 15" stockies to 17" OEM alloys....
Just make sire the nuts are tight and won't fall off they won't glance at it

hisoka
16-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Would I have a problem with warranty if I replace my 15" VTI Alloys dealer fitted with the Civic Sports 17" if I do it myself? Should I be better off getting the dealer fit it when I go for my 1000k's service?

are you planning on buying the wheels form honda or someone else, if you buy from honda i think included in the price is installation, if it is not included in the price then you are okai to install yourself

panda[cRx]
16-06-2008, 02:36 PM
if you buy the mugen parts from honda,~, then no it will not void warranty if they install it, i got my jdm front conversion done by honda on my accord euro and i still got warranty. but i will tell you now it cost a shit load~
lol u can't buy mugen parts from honda australia, honda australia is who the warranty is carried out with :wave:

danjoy25
16-06-2008, 02:42 PM
are you planning on buying the wheels form honda or someone else, if you buy from honda i think included in the price is installation, if it is not included in the price then you are okai to install yourself

Definitely not from Honda, Im currently looking and maybe a few member might wanna sell their's when the upgrade to something else then I can just put it on myself.

hisoka
16-06-2008, 05:36 PM
;1757725']lol u can't buy mugen parts from honda australia, honda australia is who the warranty is carried out with :wave:

yes you can iam pretty sure, i have done it for honda motorbike so iam sure car you can ? and my jdm mugen front on my car was done by honda they ordered and did everything. honda doesnt own mugen, lol i know that

hisoka
16-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Definitely not from Honda, Im currently looking and maybe a few member might wanna sell their's when the upgrade to something else then I can just put it on myself.

yer just do it, because all wheels are optioned for the same car. meaning you CAN buy a low model civic and ask for the higher model(VTI ?) rims on it for a little more. so yer just go ahead, as long as they say honda on them no one will check

clickclick123
17-06-2008, 12:23 AM
hmmm...i'll go ask the dealer when I go in for my 1k service, but it seems like if I just change the springs, they only void wateva is related to the springs that go wrong, which is fair enuff i suppose haha but yea hopefully that's it and i can get some lowering action haha thx for help dudes:thumbsup:

Zdster
17-06-2008, 09:34 AM
yes you can iam pretty sure, i have done it for honda motorbike so iam sure car you can ? and my jdm mugen front on my car was done by honda they ordered and did everything. honda doesnt own mugen, lol i know that

You may have got a warrenty from the specific dealership who would have imported the parts and installed them (the warrenty probably just covers installing the bumpers) but Honda Australia does not warrenty mugen parts just as much as Nissan Australia does not warrenty Nismo parts.

JaCe
17-06-2008, 01:30 PM
You may have got a warrenty from the specific dealership who would have imported the parts and installed them (the warrenty probably just covers installing the bumpers) but Honda Australia does not warrenty mugen parts just as much as Nissan Australia does not warrenty Nismo parts.

agreed.

i think may be worthwhile to differentiate between the honda australia (covers the car) and the honda dealership which did the install and so on.

hisoka
17-06-2008, 03:33 PM
you are correct,

panda[cRx]
19-06-2008, 11:08 AM
yeah if a dealer is importing mugen parts it is on them, i doubt they would even order it through honda australia as no foreign market parts come up on our parts system.

i have heard of a few people working at dealers that have been importing jdm stuff.
as for voiding any warranty i doubt it would not matter to honda australia if it is mugen parts or cheap chinese ebay parts as you are still modifying the original product

if you want a definitive answer call up honda australia customer relations dept and ask them yourself