PDA

View Full Version : EK Sedan Rattling

funworld
15-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I understand that this topic has been covered, but I did give it a pretty thorough search and I still have a few questions of my own :o

Basically, got a sound system about a month ago and when I first got it I noticed I could hear rattle from the back when the sub was doofing hard - fair enough, I was expecting that. A few weeks later, I noticed that my car would rattle even when the sub wasn't doofing. Usually I'd have to turn my system up then the it would start rattling from the sub and then if I muted it, my car would rattle when going over uneven surfaces. Rattle seems to be coming from the back and from the way it's presented, seems like something is loose. Sometimes it won't rattle for a while, but as soon as the bass gets loud enough, the rattling comes.

From the outside, I can definitely notice the boot lid rattling but I think it's more then that since something is rattling while I drive. I don't have much time on my hands at the moment, so I just want to get a idea of specific spots where this rattling could come from. Help is much appreciated :)

bennjamin
15-06-2008, 11:35 PM
sub has loosened something with the vibrations...possibly in the upper boot area (below the stock speakers etc)

you just gotta poke around in the boot and remove stuff one by one until the noise disappears

longjohn1987
15-06-2008, 11:58 PM
the rear plastic parcel tray cover, thats where mine used to rattle from if u push down on it, it shuold go away, i never solved it tho! couldnt be bothered

|N|
16-06-2008, 12:06 AM
its a common thing for EK sedans...
first check ur rear number plate... most likely its not tight enough....

second (most likely)

rear parcel tray... i tried every possible way .. u really cant do much ... but i put card board aorund corners of parcel tray... u will hve to turn up the music and have a feel around the tray ... wherever its rattling put some card board there ... worked for me... only that every few months they will come loose and i will have to redo it... but takes u 2 min...

scyt7e
16-06-2008, 12:11 AM
nick are u back in aus?????

funworld
16-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but where exactly is the rear parcel tray :)?

thanks for your replies

|N|
16-06-2008, 12:31 AM
nick are u back in aus?????

nah mate... have u heard of THE INTERNET? I heard people can access it from all over the World.. scary isnt it...

Forgive my ignorance, but where exactly is the rear parcel tray :)?

thanks for your replies

its the plastic piece where u have ur rear speakers on

Mugen Civic
16-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I get the same problem too with my EK sedan. Only happens in cold weather, in the warm weather theres no rattle.

I reckon the warmness of the car plays a factor in loosening of fittings and stuff as metal can shrink or expan ever so slightly just enough to let plastic bits vibrate.

Also I think the plastic becomes more stiffer in the cold.

Just my two cents to add...

simonnowis
16-06-2008, 10:34 PM
when i had subs in my ek the problem was the spare tools rattling. try placing securely against the spare wheel to stop moving around to rattle.

funworld
22-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Ok, I turned up my sound system, opened the boot - no rattles. As soon as I closed it, it started rattling. I tried pressing my hand against the top of the boot and the rattles went away so I'm guessing it's the boot lid.

Specifically, what can I do to get rid of these rattles?

nick_sixx
22-06-2008, 01:02 PM
it sounds like number plate, yo

Nodachi
23-06-2008, 05:39 PM
or the black plastic thats behind the number plate