PDA

View Full Version : Brake

RtN
17-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey I was wondering just what are some recommended rotors and pads... Recommend Slotted Brembo Rotors? Thanks.

Zdster
17-06-2008, 04:18 PM
OEM Honda :confused: :o

RtN
17-06-2008, 05:09 PM
lol well.. there's no benefits from slotted/drilled there =]

riruiz_88
17-06-2008, 05:47 PM
if your car is a daily driver, i wouldnt go for those brands (pads) that claim great stopping power at higher than normal temperatures. as for drilled rotors, not worth it as your not likely to really "need" this style. not even F1 cars run drilled rotors. there are many brands of pads most popular being, Bendix and Ferrodo for the general public.

94dc2tegz
17-06-2008, 05:51 PM
if he's not tracking then he doesn't need slotted either

unless ur slamming ur breaks into each and every corner everyday ur not going to suffer from brake fade imo

just get bigger rotors - none of this drilled/slotted stuff

riruiz_88
17-06-2008, 06:10 PM
well i guess you right, does look blingy though. one question, would you be more likely to change pads more often from havin slotted rotors?

94dc2tegz
17-06-2008, 06:15 PM
doubt it

slotted rotors are to allow gases to escape from the pads
thats y if ur not really using the pads to their limits it would b redundant/waste of money

so effectively ur losing surface area sooooooooo in saying that u'd probably keep ur pads slightly longer compared to the same rotor but non slotted

it'd b probably negligible though

cristian
17-06-2008, 07:54 PM
check the temp ratings on the pads u plan to use...

no point using high temp pads on the street coz they won't be very effective on lower temperatures...

slotted rotors are only good for getting rid of dust build up on the pads, and to keep them from glazing when they're used heavily...

slotting rotors aren't as effective on cooling compared to cross drilled items...

gheybo
17-06-2008, 07:58 PM
IMO waste of money unless your car is built for the tracks, daily driving car, slotted brakes are unnecessary

94dc2tegz
17-06-2008, 08:11 PM
check the temp ratings on the pads u plan to use...

no point using high temp pads on the street coz they won't be very effective on lower temperatures...

slotted rotors are only good for getting rid of dust build up on the pads, and to keep them from glazing when they're used heavily...

slotting rotors aren't as effective on cooling compared to cross drilled items...

all tru

but if he goes drilled then there's risk of cracking and again slightly less surface area

so long story short. get normal ones or bigger ones.

paint ur calipers red or something if u want bling factor lol

RtN
17-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Ahaha thanks guys.. hmm so rotors i should keep the same... okay but pads.. hmm high temp u mean like Endless CCX(50-700) or would the SSS be okay to use since it claims (0-500).

cristian
17-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Ahaha thanks guys.. hmm so rotors i should keep the same... okay but pads.. hmm high temp u mean like Endless CCX(50-700) or would the SSS be okay to use since it claims (0-500).

i've got a pair of 262mm rotors and calipers from an ek4 if u want...

sell it to ya cheap :D

RtN
17-06-2008, 09:37 PM
lol don't need replacing yet.. u mean OEM btw?

cristian
17-06-2008, 11:05 PM
:D yep...jus let me know if u want

RtN
31-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Hmm pads wearing out soon .. tossing between OEM, Bendix Ultimate. Differences between Bendix CT, Premium and Ultra? And where to machine the rotors in sydney? Thanks

riruiz_88
31-08-2008, 08:29 PM
i used to run Bendix CT. very smooth quiet and very low brake dust. now im running Bendix Ultimate and i must say that it bites better once warm but the amount of dust is just stupid haha. i have bronze wheels and the dust just covers my wheels in it. lucky i dont have a colour that would really stand out once dirty. braking noise has slightly gone up but nothing to get pissy about. hope this helped you out a bit

RtN
01-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks mate.. hmm well yeh I have polished Blades .__. lol I guess I could try ultimates first.. why not give it a go.. lol until i cant put up with dust anymore. There's no need to break in the brake is there for Bendix Ultimate?

riruiz_88
01-09-2008, 06:59 PM
well thats tru, try and if you dont like then dont go back there again, simple. i think your refering to General CT. but you could be right, there is no harm in bedding in any brake pads. although they may say "no bedding in needed", its good practice to bed them in anyway. you could/should change your brake fluid as well