PDA

View Full Version : DOING UP 96 ACCORD VTi-S

Shady_G
17-06-2008, 09:28 PM
hey fanx for taking the time to read my thread :)

i have recently purchased my first car :D a 96 ACCORD VTi-S.

i am just wondering if you guys can help me with ideas for mods and parts, i dont want it to look to over the top i was thinking of just droping it and putting a nice set of 18s on it anything i else i can do to improve the apearance ?

the engine is stock and has had nothing done to it i would like a bit more performance and ofcourse what every P plater wants a nice sounding exahust :)

also i would like to know what size the front speakers are i fink i can fit a 5 n quater inch but not to sure coz the stockies are smaller then that put they are placed in this plastic thing and yes im confused by it :S

any help is much apreciated thanx in advanced guys :)

dattle
17-06-2008, 10:48 PM
JDM black housing headlights! i recently got a pair, just waiting to get through exams so i can chuck em on!

skyflyer
19-06-2008, 12:19 AM
To be really honest, it's really hard to get parts for CD Accord in Aus. I guess the car is not meant to be modified in here lol... Heaps in US though if you're convenient shopping online... Good luck.

FkjAccord
19-06-2008, 08:51 AM
To be really honest, it's really hard to get parts for CD Accord in Aus. I guess the car is not meant to be modified in here lol... Heaps in US though if you're convenient shopping online... Good luck.

Not really dude!
There are out there. Just not as easy to find as the dcs.egs.eks. etc

skyflyer
19-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Well I'm looking for JDM parts... like authentic Mugen front lip like the one found in JTCC, not even replica I can find in here. Not even a selection of lips I can choose from here unless getting it overseas. I know Jetspeed and others sell them but not sure about the quality. Also CD6 parts like fog lights, rear fog, Stanley black housings, etc... if you compare to US or any other Asian countries like Malaysia or HK, parts for this Accord is almost non-existent in Australia.

Sorry but I don't fancy stuffs like Altezza light or chrome wheels etc (just purely my opinion)... which you can get easily here.

94_vtec
22-06-2008, 05:39 PM
carmate.com have a few different lips and i think modproject sells one for the accord too.

xenonkuraz
28-06-2008, 07:31 PM
You can get mugen or type-r replica lips made from polyurethane off eBay for as little as $150 delivered.

You should try some of the following mods:

* Suspension: Some decent shocks + springs for better handling and a nice drop
* 17" wheels. 18" might need flaring of the guards to fit.
* New headlights! The stock ones look so outdated. Try black housing (jdm style) or projectors (angel eyes)
* Lip kit as mentioned
* Exhaust: Depending on how much you have to spend, either go a full cat-back or just a new muffler. If you want a nice sounding exhaust make sure you don't get an el-cheapo canon! They sound very farty. I picked up a magnaflow oval twin-tip muffler off here for a measly $70 but it sounds great.
* Cold air intake: you can get a cheap kit off ebay for around $50-70 and along the line upgrade the pod filter

Also I thought the fronts were 6" and the rears were 6x9". But I'll double check for you.

Riviera
29-06-2008, 08:24 PM
yea i got SRI soundz wicked
also got fujitsubu muffler from the prelude soundz awsome too
get a bit of bubbling back fire too from high revs with a sudden drop lol

Spoon-Accord
02-07-2008, 01:23 AM
xeno is right

front's 6 rear 6x9 :)

redv7c
03-07-2008, 07:28 PM
clear black housing jdm headlights (srs) i got these mods on my car but the down side is that these head lights were made for accord coupe..lol so yeah i highly recommend u to get stanleys if you are going for headlights lol i also have black housing altezza it looks really good on a dark coloured car if you want pics for a example pm me cheers

xenonkuraz
04-07-2008, 08:21 AM
yeah i had the same problem...hb3/4 connectors wouldn't fit!

redv7c
04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
ahah yeah i had to change my connectors.. lol annoyingggg !

Riviera
05-07-2008, 08:56 AM
the 96 to 97 sedan came out with the stanely clear lenses get a set of them and paint urself...

FAT VTI
05-07-2008, 05:43 PM
this would probably be my order if i was starting from scratch-

wheels- I highly reccomend 18s
suspension-Coilovers or a good spring+ shock combo. at least a 2.5inch drop on 18s will look good. Front strut brace, reduces body roll significantly in cd5s with a drop over 2inches.

CAI-cold air intake, generic one off ebay will do, rip off the crappy filter and buy a better one, maybe a k&n or if ur budget is tight a 3a racing one.

Headlights-Clear or black housing JDM. Generic ones dont fit like the proper stanley ones IMO. They are a bit of a hit and miss on ebay, Stanley ones are more reliable.

Exhaust- Probably a catback, but it is really open to your budget and what your willing to spend.

Audio/Visual- Open to your imagination really.

Its really up to you and what your willing to spend. If u want it to be a showcar or you want it to run decent 1/4 passes or just to be a nice car on the street.

It is EASY to get parts for a cd5. Maybe not in Australia, but ebayUS is your best friend as the exchange rate is excellent.
As for useful sites to buy stuff, www.gen5alive.com has a good store on it for cd5 parts.
tein coilovers- www.titanmotorsports.com

Just fish around on the net, you'll find your parts.

drez
23-07-2008, 09:51 PM
for looks i really recommend:
Stanley JDM headlights, those with black corner lights too
HID
18" Volk racing/Prodrive/etc...
Decent coilover (not those cheap china made), strut bar, sway bar, basically anything to get rid of those body rolling in accord family car
full exhaust system header, hi-flow cat, cat back
Greddy front lip, and if you can colour code the whole paint in your car, get rid of those black plastic colour

There are heaps of thing you can do to make this car looks nice ........ I was into it a lot before I had my S15

mooks145
13-10-2008, 10:37 PM
did u ever find the parts for your accord ??
any pictures ?

Feverpitched
15-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Re: HB3/HB4 plugs.

Buy some plugs from the US (I got mine through fleabay), costs less than 5 dollars delivered pre-crash so might be about 10 dollars now. Then buy some spade connectors and electric tape. Crimp spade connectors on the plug wire ends and Voila, conversion kit.

Also, HB4 plugs (9006) are different to the HB3 plugs (9005) but you can make the 9006 fit the 9005 socket with a bit of dremel persuasion.

Vti-Arh
16-10-2008, 03:39 PM
http://search.ebay.com.au/94-95-96-97-HONDA-ACCORD_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypag eZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQdfspZ1QQflocZ1QQfromZR40QQf rtsZ0QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQga10244Z10425QQsabfmtsZ1QQs acatZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2

Heeeaps of parts man.