PDA

View Full Version : New euro owner: Hi!

ultimatekenz
17-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Hi everybody!

I've been sneakily lurking around these forums for years since i've always loved them but have never owned one personally. But now i thought i should introduce myself.

Im excited at the fact i've just bought myself an 05 lux euro after almost six months of car hunting. I originally wanted an is300 but abit rare to come by but i managed to test drive a few and i loved them! Such a torquey engine! After about 4-5 months of patiently waiting for the right is300 to pop up my hopes of owning one was beginning to fade. I decided to give an is200 a test drive and boy was it SLOOOOOOW...moving on...

Then one morning i woke up and thought, "Hey. Why don't i check out a euro and see what all the fuss is about..." Went to a honda dealership and from the moment i opened the door, i fell in love. The interior is so much better than the is300, everything just looked/felt better than the lexus. But what really sold me was when i closed the door, lol. It just felt solid, unlike the is300 which felt/sounded flimsy. And when i test drove the euro, it felt faster than the is300, even though i new the lexus had more power and a bigger engine, but the honda just felt like it made better use of its power and revs so freely.

Thats my story, hope i didn't bore everyone lol.

Oh and just an idea of my car history, i've had a 99 silver wrx, 89 silver r32 gtr, temporary driving around a 97 camry v6. Really didn't want another silver car lol. I hopefully pick up the euro this friday *fingers cross*

MangChi
17-06-2008, 11:24 PM
how much you picking up the euro for???

congratz on the purchase

honki3rider
18-06-2008, 12:27 PM
wrong section for an intro but you're forgiven because you have a euro.=P
welcome and enjoy.!

JunYu
18-06-2008, 12:30 PM
lol welcome! where are you located?

what colour did you get?

Crapdaz
18-06-2008, 12:44 PM
lol welcome! where are you located?

what colour did you get?

prob another silver cause he loves silver. :thumbsup:

ultimatekenz
18-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks everyone.
Well i thought it would be slighty ok to post it here if i included a very brief roadtest lol. jk.

Nah not silver this time, the euro is dark grey. Its kind of in between black and silver which works out well.

I reckon i got a pretty good deal, its an 05 lux with 50,000km and 3 years/60,000km extended warranty for 28k. Considering its from a honda dealer.

Oh and i forgot to mention im on the Gold Coast

felixd
18-06-2008, 01:48 PM
hi there nice to meet you have any thoughts what mods u wanna do 1st ?

ultimatekenz
18-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey!

Im still thinking long and hard on my mods, not really sure in what i want. It would be great if i won powerball! lol...

I guess i would really like the lip kit but thats quite pricey so still thinking about that. Definitely decided on getting the xcarlink to connect my ipod to the car since i haven't had to burn a single cd in years. And if im not happy with the stock speakers i may upgrade them to.

i was contemplating on doing some performance mods like an comptech icebox or a skunk2 exhaust but i remembered im buying an NA car to get away from the mod bug (he bites hard!). Ha!

But first i need to let my pocket recover from this blow...

tron07
18-06-2008, 03:34 PM
its not dark grey, its graphite :P

evoline
18-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Well im assuming you're not after any serious performance since you chose the Euro Luxury. I'm not saying Euro's are lemons or anything, its just that you have so many other options for that price range.

I probably wouldn't bother with performance mods, perhaps a few tasteful cosmetic changes would be a good option :P

tony1234
18-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Welcome.:wave:Did you get manual or auto?Now you have to start modding.Comptech Icebox is a good start(i've got one)Also Comptech headers(which i've got!!).anyway enjoy the car,i'm sure you will.

ultimatekenz
18-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Deciding between auto and manual was hard but i finally went with the auto since i drive practically everyday and alot of it in traffic. Im still not certain whether i'll be doing anything performance wise as i know anything like that will tempt me to put the foot down more than i would if i hadn't modded the car, ....damn petrol prices.

Btw, what a friendly forum =]

Renegade
18-06-2008, 10:30 PM
G'day Mate.
I've just bought my first Honda too, also not a planned purchase, and I'm really impressed with everything about it. Mines older though! ('91 CRX)
Good to see it's not just me!

JC_Vtec
19-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Congrats on the new purchase!

I'm currently in the market for a simular car, been looking around for a 2006 Euro Sport (manual or auto). Haven't had much luck, and the ones i've seen are overpriced and 28k is a good price for the Euro Lux!

Btw, I've got the Xcarlink in my current car... would def recommend 1 for the Euro.

felixd
19-06-2008, 10:41 AM
yah where to buy xcarlink ?

ultimatekenz
19-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Their website, i think its www.xcarlink.com.au. I'll be ordering mine very soon.

ultimatekenz
20-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Picked up my new car today!

Im quite happy with everything on the car, looks like i don't need to mod anything. Its got alot more power than i expected, also i don't know if its me or the car being calibration but while driving it doesnt feel like im driving at the indicated speed =\ Feels like the speedo is showing 10km/h over...
Can't work out if its just uber refinement and my perception of speed is off coming from a 97 camry to a new euro or the speedo is really out.

Well ive only had it for about 4 hours lol, once i get to drive it more with traffic i'll be able to tell.

Oh, did i mention i LOVE THE CAR!

hisoka
20-06-2008, 09:46 PM
hey congrats on the car mate~good choice, i also have a euro a black one. i hope you will be happy with honda~!.

just wondering, will you be getting it serviced at honda or ?? like another ones~

Edit: hey guys i just saw new accord euro add on tv lol,~

ultimatekenz
21-06-2008, 02:24 PM
hey congrats on the car mate~good choice, i also have a euro a black one. i hope you will be happy with honda~!.

just wondering, will you be getting it serviced at honda or ?? like another ones~

Edit: hey guys i just saw new accord euro add on tv lol,~

Thanks, so far im loving the car, the interior is just such a nice place to be especially compared to the lexus.

Not to sure at the moment, when the time comes i'll decide then. Probably will just come down to how much honda charge for a service.

Renegade
21-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Dunno if you'd be interested in these, but I just spied some wikkid rims in the for sale section that'd look awesome on the Euro. (My opinion anyways)
LINK (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89882)

SiReal
21-06-2008, 08:09 PM
welcome dude, the lux euro in my opinion is a luxury cruiser, so enjoy it for what it is :thumbsup:

congrats on the purchase

ultimatekenz
22-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Dunno if you'd be interested in these, but I just spied some wikkid rims in the for sale section that'd look awesome on the Euro. (My opinion anyways)
LINK (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89882)

Cheers for the spot, they are pretty sick wheels. But unfortunately i doubt i'll be upgrading wheels anytime soon, pockets are pretty empty after buying the euro. lol. At the moment im pretty content with the car in stock form, i was even prepared to upgrade the speakers but the stock stereo is quite good as is.

welcome dude, the lux euro in my opinion is a luxury cruiser, so enjoy it for what it is :thumbsup:

congrats on the purchase

Thanks.
I love the fact that its a luxury car that looks sleek and has some go! It such a pleasure to drive, especially my last two cars being a wrx and a gtr both with HAARD coilovers...it was such an effort trying to drive them everyday, which i did lol!

But yeah, i grew up abit considering im still quite young. I've had my sports cars and thought it was time to go something NICE that i can drive everyday in comfort. And here i am with a euro and couldn't be any happier :cool:

BiLL|z0r
24-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Welcome. I'm on and Gold Coast and have an Auto too. Re the speedo feeling it's just in your head. The car doesn't feel like it's going the speed it is, just the smoothness of Honda. I'll be buying my 2nd Honda soon, love them.

ultimatekenz
24-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Cool as, thats comforting to know that someone else knows what im talking about lol. Thanks.

What honda are you about to buy?

luuurve hondas!