PDA

View Full Version : CEL Reset

Eire
18-06-2008, 04:34 AM
Hi Guys
Did a search but cant find a thread on it,im wondering is there an pins that can be bridged as par civics and tegs ect that will show what codes the check engine light is showing?

Mine came on fairly strangly,i slipped the clutch and the car conked out,went to start and it wouldnt fire up,turned ignition off then back on and it started but the CEL came on and is staying on.

I dont want to pull the battery terminals just incase the radio is coded as ive no codes for it,theres an OBD plug on the underdash so im wondering cant i bridge anything there to get a code or any other way of a reset without a scan tool?

Thanks

xiang
18-06-2008, 06:19 AM
not sure about the CL7, but i know the CL9 radio is not coded, you wont need a code if you pull your battery terminals off.

traumatized
18-06-2008, 08:28 AM
you can get the radio security code quite easily from a dealer here in Australia so i don't see why it would be any different there.

Pumped
18-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Ive taken the battery terminals off numerous times, never caused the Radio to need codes

beeza
18-06-2008, 08:47 AM
^^ If that's the case then best to do it to turn the engine check light off.A soild cell dosen't mean anything,it's normal.I had the same thing happen in my Civic.

Eire
18-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok i bridged pins 8 and 13 on the OBD connecter under the dash and got an error code of 56,before i had a chance to check the code i brought the car for a quick spin and the lights gone off and working as normal so happy days!