PDA

View Full Version : fuel comsumption

SYD_FIT
18-09-2004, 01:24 AM
The best i can do on my cvt vti is 8.0l/100km with 16" alloy and michelin pilot preceda......i was always running it in inner city...

wats yours?

FIT
18-09-2004, 01:51 AM
7.6/100km with 14" stock wheels running both city and highway driving

FB008
19-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Just city cycle, about 6.2l/100km. Combined, 5.8l/100km

Car is completely stock, and usually I'm the only one in the car.

kuso
19-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Fuel consumption really depends how you drive. It really affects it.

iwky_77
19-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Me..average = 7.9L/100km, running w/ 17" wheels, custom exhaust & intake.

Sp00n
19-09-2004, 11:03 PM
stock VTi-S
but the lowest i can get out of my car is about 6.7L/100km city cycle with short bursts on the M4

Philip Lee
20-09-2004, 12:22 PM
well i put on some normal unleaded last week as Optimax was out of stock. it seems that the fuel comsumption is lower with normail unleaded!! it seems weird and does anyone else tried both??

Kit
20-09-2004, 12:42 PM
well i put on some normal unleaded last week as Optimax was out of stock. it seems that the fuel comsumption is lower with normail unleaded!! it seems weird and does anyone else tried both??

its normal for a car to have better mileage on premium unleaded. Also what sort of maintenance the car has will affect it greatly too.

Running a good engine and gearbox oil will make your car more fuel efficient.

on our stock CVT VTi-S, we only get about 4-500 out of a full tank of premium. but its still running in.. only 1500km on the odometer so far... hopefully will enjoy the type of fuel economy you guys get soon.

wyl03
20-09-2004, 02:08 PM
stock VTI manual.
weekly fuel consumption ~6.2L/100km - daily-grind city driving.

i'm sure all of us can get at least 600km out of the full tank. even with the "low fuel" indicator on, i'm sure it's good for another 50km.

Andys
20-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Car: VTi CVT auto

I get 5.6L/100km driving from home (gosford) to city (sydney CBD) in the morning. It is more coming home, about 6.0, due to unsmooth stop-start traffic.

The biggest effect on consumption is without a doubt, the length of your trips. Short trips make it shoot way up. Medium trips make it almost impossible to achieve a below 6.5L/100km. But on a long trip, you'll find it goes down alot especially if you reset the counter while the engine is already warm.

The only way to achieve the advertised figures, is with long trips, preferably with the car already warmed up, and without exceeding 100km/h for extended periods of time. (Sitting at 110 on the freeway uses a bit more than 100, I've found)

Also, my car reported these figures from when it was new, to now (almost 70,000km on the clock). I have switched to premium petrol but I was able to achieve <6L/100km easily in long highway drives with standard unleaded by going easy on the accelerator...

- Andrew

wynode
20-09-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm getting around 8.5L/100kms around the city seeing 6,000 rpm about twice a day

spoon fit
20-09-2004, 11:19 PM
i'm sure all of us can get at least 600km out of the full tank. even with the "low fuel" indicator on, i'm sure it's good for another 50km.

600km!? i can't!!

Jus-10
21-09-2004, 11:18 AM
This seems to be a really bizarre thing...

When the light comes on I can still get about 100km of easy/normal driving. I can get 600km out of every tank.

Went for a quick run to the shops last night and I have 1/2 tank left and my current consumption is at 5.5. I don't think I have once been over 6 when it is time to fill up.

I have done about 8,000km and have a VTi manual that is stock apart from the intake.

I don't understand how some of yours are so high?

muli
21-09-2004, 04:30 PM
they probly drive the auto's and keep on playing around with the gear changes on the steering wheel

Kit
21-09-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm getting around 8.5L/100kms around the city seeing 6,000 rpm about twice a day

Hey, when did u get a jazz wyn?

dark138
24-09-2004, 06:16 PM
I get about 6.8-7.0 on medium trips cause i live in epping, theres a fair bit of hills on the way home. Sometimes when i drive my gf home, epping to canterbury on king george road and homebush drive it can go as low as 5.4-5.8/100km

I took the M5 home once, when it was brand new, i remember it was as low as 4.8/100km that was on optimax.

On optimax one full tank usually go for about 600km
Normal Unleaded from shell goes for about 550kms

anyone tried fuels other than shell?

FIT
24-09-2004, 09:26 PM
me..

supatt
25-09-2004, 04:01 PM
hey guys...i got a stock VTI-S and do about 6.3 on average...run on premium unleaded tho..

also was wondering where Philip Lee got those lights done?....please let me know..i think it looks really cool!..=)

supatt
25-09-2004, 05:36 PM
just another mention, regarding optimax, apparently it is not as good as BP ultimate or the mobile on. it is meant to be around 98 octane but actually test show it is less than that.. only BP and mobile have it around 98.

brightboyfree
26-09-2004, 05:07 PM
just another mention, regarding optimax, apparently it is not as good as BP ultimate or the mobile on. it is meant to be around 98 octane but actually test show it is less than that.. only BP and mobile have it around 98.
Oh, really? :confused:
I'm using the optimax one........ :(

Andys
27-09-2004, 10:44 AM
I've found that BP Ultimate and Mobil 8000 are the best. Optimax comes next, and Caltex Vortex seems to be the worst.

Problem with BP is not all their stations have Ultimate, whereas with Mobil, any Mobil petrol station that has premium its Mobil 8000.

- Andrew

wyl03
27-09-2004, 10:54 AM
I've found that BP Ultimate and Mobil 8000 are the best. Optimax comes next, and Caltex Vortex seems to be the worst.

- Andrew

that's pretty much my experience too.
but like you mentioned, not all BP servos have Ultimate.

and if you shop at Coles (like what i'm "encouraging the wife to do), then Shell is a very slightly cheaper option. also, there are many more shell stations where i live compared to other companies.

however, i only use ULP and topping up with Optimax once a month or so.

Catcha
30-09-2004, 01:41 AM
This seems to be a really bizarre thing...

When the light comes on I can still get about 100km of easy/normal driving. I can get 600km out of every tank.

Went for a quick run to the shops last night and I have 1/2 tank left and my current consumption is at 5.5. I don't think I have once been over 6 when it is time to fill up.

I have done about 8,000km and have a VTi manual that is stock apart from the intake.

I don't understand how some of yours are so high?

Would this have any bearing on how you drove the car when your first got it, like varying the revs and driving it like you stole it???? or driving it like a grandma and babying it for the first couple of thousand Km's ?????

Andys
30-09-2004, 07:29 AM
Would this have any bearing on how you drove the car when your first got it, like varying the revs and driving it like you stole it???? or driving it like a grandma and babying it for the first couple of thousand Km's ?????

Personally I drove it like a granny until 1,000km ticked over, at which point I drove it like there was no tomorrow (I remember the day clearly, I was driving in the royal national park at the time) :D

- Andrew

Jus-10
30-09-2004, 08:47 AM
I don't think it has any bearing on how I drove when I first got it because I reset the meter every time I refill.

For interests sake, I broke my car in over the first 4,000-5,000km, that is, not WOT, varying engine speeds and loads (no redline), varying km/h, etc.

Changed my oil at 5,000 over to full synthetic and went for it....That said, I rarely red-line it and the majority of my gear changes would be made before 3,000rpm (the manual says the optimum for fuel economy and performance is 2,700 from memory).

MRFIT
01-10-2004, 08:05 PM
the lowest I've got is around 6.5L/100km..... I've been using Optimax ever since got the car....... but my friend tell me that normal unleaded gets more mileage.... never tried though..... how do u guys get 600km per tank? I can only manage 500 the most...

dark138
02-10-2004, 01:16 AM
it comes with to the way you drive really

go slow, try not drag every red light will help :P

FIT
02-10-2004, 02:08 AM
it comes with to the way you drive really

go slow, try not drag every red light will help :P

very tempting not to though :D

Sp00n
06-10-2004, 03:50 PM
it all depends on how you drive it...
if you're like me.. and u shift at 3000-4000 rpm...
you can get a good 500kms on a full tank of fuel..
but if you drive like Jus-10 does... 600kms would sound pretty right

Catcha
06-10-2004, 04:18 PM
I don't think it has any bearing on how I drove when I first got it because I reset the meter every time I refill.

For interests sake, I broke my car in over the first 4,000-5,000km, that is, not WOT, varying engine speeds and loads (no redline), varying km/h, etc.

Changed my oil at 5,000 over to full synthetic and went for it....That said, I rarely red-line it and the majority of my gear changes would be made before 3,000rpm (the manual says the optimum for fuel economy and performance is 2,700 from memory).

So when you say you changed your oil at 5000km to full synthetic, Does honda just change there oil to full synthetic at 5000km or do you bring your own, cause i asked about it and they say you have to use honda oil or else it voids the warranty ?

Jus-10
06-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Honda did it for me.....I didn't even ask for it. They just did it. 10 points for initiative I say! Though they charge a fair bit for the synthetic stuff.

That story about using non-Honda oil voiding your warranty is rubbish too....

VintAGe_618
06-10-2004, 08:47 PM
You guys are already getting impressive fuel efficiency. Up here in Singapore I barely make it to 500km till the lights up per tank on 15 inch wheels. I do occasionally get 530km but that's once in a very blue moon. Maybe its due to the small area and heavy traffic here.

FIT
06-10-2004, 09:11 PM
long drives without red lights also plays a big role in fuel consumptions.

muli
07-10-2004, 02:37 PM
i do a fair bit of highway and open back road driving so not much stopping, only occasional truck overtaking :)

Catcha
08-10-2004, 12:05 AM
I got a full tank of fuel and when the light hit it was about from 27km when i picked it up too 495.4 km's so i thought that was pretty good averaging about 6.8 i think roughtly and how much does a tank hold ?????
And i was like really driving it not like a little daisy and aircon on all the time...it can only get better with only 500km on the dial :D

Jus-10
08-10-2004, 08:32 AM
I think the tank holds 42litres?

VintAGe_618
08-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Tank holds 42L. Lights up with 7.9L remaining. Assuming an average of 15km/L, meaning theres' another 120km to go before it's really empty.

Catcha
15-11-2004, 11:18 PM
After my car has been serviced the 1000km my last tank of fuel that i filled up after the service is getting only 9L/100km i'm like WTF filled her up today and going to see if it's the same after 7 days..anybody else experiencing something like this, and i'm only using unleaded only for now

Oldman
15-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Try BP Ultimate and don't dirve above 3000rpm. You should get more then 600k a tank.

Catcha
15-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Try BP Ultimate and don't dirve above 3000rpm. You should get more then 600k a tank.

Hmm we pay 1.12 for unleaded 1.17 for premium and 1.25 for ultimate here in darwin......i average about 445km per tank this time only 348km for the same amount of litres i put in. I have only filled it up 6 times since i got the car with about 2000 on the clock currently. I give it a few more then with unleaded then trial premium to see if the km's increase

DavidLing
16-11-2004, 10:09 AM
actually, it depend on where u drive, how u drive and the air in the tyres!

I remember one time my car show 20L/100km, buecase my tyres are not enough air, and i keep taking over other cars on that day! And my mim is 4.xL/100km, coz' i on purposely drive it with the RPM never over than 2000!! just for fun!! ha ha

Actually, i found that if u press the reset button more times before u add fuel again, the litter/100km will become higher. (i think this is one of the reason i got 20L/100km. he he)

Oldman
16-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Gee. you guys are being rip off up north. Is the average wage 25% higher then the rest OZ.

Back to the subject. sound like you are driving in heavy city traffic. Like those in Malaysia. But then some Japs are getting 580km to a tank.
It really depend on how you drive. Go above 4k rpm you will get less then 400km to a tank.

Catcha
16-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Actually, i found that if u press the reset button more times before u add fuel again, the litter/100km will become higher. (i think this is one of the reason i got 20L/100km. he he)

I don't go by that trip meter as i find it inaccurate just like the rest of the cars that have them

Gee. you guys are being rip off up north. Is the average wage 25% higher then the rest OZ.

Back to the subject. sound like you are driving in heavy city traffic. Like those in Malaysia. But then some Japs are getting 580km to a tank.
It really depend on how you drive. Go above 4k rpm you will get less then 400km to a tank.

Heavy traffic, hmm don't think so we hardly have any here maybe short little burst because of traffic lights. Ripped off that's why i sold my WRX, fuel ,insurance, maintainence, just too hard. Yeah we are probably the only state that has fuel cost that are this high.....now you wondwer why i don't put ultimate in :D

ahcash
09-02-2005, 01:29 PM
New comers...

VTi-S CVT. Pretty much stock except for the muffler. Still running in 1,000KM.

I filled up with Synergy 8000, mostly driven in the suburb everyday and freeway twice a week. Ranging from smooth driving with CVT and ocassion Sport Shift mode, nothing over 3500 rpm. I only managed to do 7L/100KM. Not as good as I thought... as some of you guys here can do much less than 7L.

So, which Fuel is better? BP, Shell or Vortex? I've seen a few threads with great debates.. I am wondering what is best for the Jazz since it is SOHC and not like others.. DOHC.

Andys
09-02-2005, 01:31 PM
So, which Fuel is better? BP, Shell or Vortex? I've seen a few threads with great debates.. I am wondering what is best for the Jazz since it is SOHC and not like others.. DOHC.

Without a doubt, BP ultimate reigns supreme. Of the 92 RON petrols, I think Mobile 2000 is the best, but I don't use any of them anymore.

- Andrew

icejazz
09-02-2005, 02:01 PM
I get around 6.0Lt/100Km on 92 RON (1.5 CVT). I put a couple of tanks of Optimax through it a while ago but I didn't really notice much difference in the fuel consumption at all, so I reverted back to 92 RON. Anyway it sounds like a lot of people in this forum are praising BP Ultimate so I think I'll give it a try for a few tank fulls at see what the results are (no 4cent discount dockets though!)

ahcash
09-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Without a doubt, BP ultimate reigns supreme. Of the 92 RON petrols, I think Mobile 2000 is the best, but I don't use any of them anymore.

- Andrew

Which one do you use then? I've heard some gain better mileage with normal Unleaded Petrol...

Catcha
09-02-2005, 03:59 PM
My Car goes about 100km better with caltex preimum compared to shell preimum. about 6.2l/100km for caltex and about 7.1L/100km for shell.
Funny thing is that BP supplies caltex fuel with the 4c discount(who ever said wollies fuel is cheap quality:)
mine is a manual and done about 7500kms.

MRFIT
09-02-2005, 10:58 PM
I am puzzled too....... quite a few people say with the Normal Unleaded, the fuel economy is better.....

I don't want to feed my car cheap fuel though..... :D its been on 98 since day one.... :D

rokkuchan
09-02-2005, 11:26 PM
i think it's a load of crap... i use to run bp ultimate. NO difference at all.
Now that I gone back to stocky wheels, I achieved 6.2ltr/100km stable according the trip computer...

Ijust stick to runnin regular 91 now...

wyl03
10-02-2005, 09:15 AM
please read this article ..
http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=4258&vf=1

Quotes below, bear in mind that for the jazz, regular unleaded is recommended (check with honda or see car manual):

"
Q: Is there any benefit in using premium unleaded petrol in a car for which regular unleaded is recommended?
A: No. A higher octane number doesn't automatically equate to more power. Engine design is matched to the fuel recommended. Those for which regular unleaded is specified should run best on that fuel. Performance and luxury cars usually will be optimised for premium unleaded petrol (PULP).
More mainstream cars and economy cars are designed to run on regular (ULP) to minimise fuel costs. It is worth noting, though, that premium unleaded has more and better-quality detergents added to it. By using this fuel the fuel injectors and inlet valves can be kept cleaner, which can reduce service costs and maintain better engine efficiency.

Q: If these detergents do such a good job, why aren't they added to regular unleaded petrol?
A: It's purely a matter of price. Just as people will buy the cheapest small car available rather than paying extra for a similar car of better quality, so too do these price-conscious buyers want low-priced petrol. As a compromise, it could be worth considering using premium every fourth or fifth fill. This is sufficient to ensure the fuel system and engine are kept clean.

Q: Are there disadvantages to using regular unleaded petrol in a car designed for premium unleaded?
A: Potentially, yes. There is a slight power loss, for a start. More importantly there is the likelihood of premature combustion of the fuel, which causes engine "knock". This not only sounds awful but can cause major damage to the engine. Many of the latest-model cars have knock sensors fitted to the engines, which sense the onset of the problem and send a signal to the engine's computer to retard the ignition. Of course this reduces power output but, far more importantly, it will prevent the engine from being damaged.

"

Andys
10-02-2005, 09:52 AM
When people say fuel A is better than B, its important to keep in mind the other factors. Supply of a particular brand & type of fuel is different in every geographical location in the country - some companies buy other companies fuels for resale under their own brand, depending on the economics of transporting their own fuels to a location.

So we have the variance of fuel from location to location, from day to day, add to that the difference in engine performance heavily affected by temperature and atsmospheric air pressure, and I think that explains why so many people say different things.

Speaking only for myself, the difference between BP ultimate and any regular unleaded was obvious. When revving out to redline, the engine sounds like it is going harder, instead of suffering an asthma attack. And when climbing a big hill it often doesn't need to rev as high to hold a given speed (i have CVT auto). Fuel consumption on average seems to be roughly up to 0.5L/100km lower, which isn't really that much and isn't the reason I keep using that fuel.

Your mileage may (literally) vary :D

If I had that digital video camera I've been lusting after, I'd be able to show you what I mean ..!

- Andrew

Catcha
10-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Reading that article is very interesting and has some points. using preimum on a unleaded car may not bring performance gains, but its better for the environment, better for you car cause it's a cleaner fuel, and more importantly quote "maintains better engine efficiency" should make it more fuel efficient.

everybody i know that has a normal unleaded car and used premium gets better mileage ranging from a subaru RS, to even a excel.

Funny that i use to own a WRX MY99 recommened fuel was premium but we put 98 ultimate, tell you want mileage was the same, only thing i noticed it was a lot smoother and rev cleaner. i stuck with premium in the end.

But driving the same distance and same route and getting an extra 100kms from premium compared to unleaded is certainly something to looking into......this debate is also in the WRX forums but most there all use BP ultimate compared to optimax and say they get better mileage from ultimate

Dreams
10-02-2005, 11:37 AM
so whats the conclusion??

Catcha
10-02-2005, 01:07 PM
so whats the conclusion??

sorry ran out of time...conclusion is to try it all out and see for yourself, Ive tried unleaded, just finished about 5 tanks of shell preimum unleaded now trying caltex preimum unleaded, which is basically BP on 3rd tank and i get a consisted average of about 90km-100kms more than what shell does. before i got only about 460km on a tank normal unleaded , now with caltex premium i get 550km per tank.

i bet if i use BP ultimate i can get 600km from a tank.

From day one i have recorded the fuel and obviously as the engine frees up the better the consuption is, but for now i try a few more tanks of caltex to get consisted average before i swap over again.

Dreams
10-02-2005, 02:57 PM
how can u get to 500km or over? i cant even get close to that figure with a old grandma driving style..

mine lately its 8.4/100km! thats heaps. is bigger wheels make it worst?

Catcha
10-02-2005, 03:33 PM
how can u get to 500km or over? i cant even get close to that figure with a old grandma driving style..

mine lately its 8.4/100km! thats heaps. is bigger wheels make it worst?

Easy stock wheels. larger wheels does increase consumption, the moderator jus-10 is getting about 600km a tank, if you read this thread from the start and other threads you see. most are getting really good consumption with the jazz . makes it all worth while choosing this car, because that was my main reason. style and fuel efficiency

Jus-10 might able to answer your question on the larger wheels increasing consumption, as he has gone from stock to aftermarket, but from my personal experience with a lancer from 13inch stock getting over 400km to upgrading to 16x7 i just reach 400km.

wyl03
10-02-2005, 04:14 PM
i got better consumption on the 14" steelies :p .. on the 15"s, it has increased but probably not as much as what were to happen if i use 17"s.

Catcha
10-02-2005, 04:33 PM
i got better consumption on the 14" steelies :p .. on the 15"s, it has increased but probably not as much as what were to happen if i use 17"s.

easiest way to try it and find out :D

jefflei
11-02-2005, 10:39 AM
be notice the odometer is calculated by the number of turn on the wheel
when u r on a 17" wheel, which the distance run by 1 rotation is more than a 14" wheel does. so when u run on a 17" wheel, u read 400km on the odometer, but it may actually more than 400km~~~

Easy stock wheels. larger wheels does increase consumption, the moderator jus-10 is getting about 600km a tank, if you read this thread from the start and other threads you see. most are getting really good consumption with the jazz . makes it all worth while choosing this car, because that was my main reason. style and fuel efficiency

Jus-10 might able to answer your question on the larger wheels increasing consumption, as he has gone from stock to aftermarket, but from my personal experience with a lancer from 13inch stock getting over 400km to upgrading to 16x7 i just reach 400km.

Catcha
11-02-2005, 12:49 PM
be notice the odometer is calculated by the number of turn on the wheel
when u r on a 17" wheel, which the distance run by 1 rotation is more than a 14" wheel does. so when u run on a 17" wheel, u read 400km on the odometer, but it may actually more than 400km~~~

True, but if the person gets the right tyre profile the rolling diameter should be the same, if not things like your speedo reading would be thrown a couple of KM"s out as well ?

muli
11-02-2005, 03:28 PM
i always thought that with bigger rims and tyres(low profile) the rolling diameter ends up being smaller than stock, very rarely bigger atleast with 17'

quizery
11-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Mine 9.0L/100 With Jazz Type S

rokkuchan
12-02-2005, 03:27 AM

man, how do you get 9 by driving normally? You got a heavy foot and burn a lot of clutch?? if manual...

I just recently reseted the trip computer, I'm on like 6.0L/100 now and hasn't fluctuated yet... My max was 6.5 ...
and seem to be bullshit for me since I only done 474KM on about 6-6.2L/100Km. Can't even reach 500...

and you got a Jazz Type S ?? Huh?

STTICH
12-02-2005, 05:42 AM
type S ?????

Catcha
12-02-2005, 05:45 AM
man, how do you get 9 by driving normally? You got a heavy foot and burn a lot of clutch?? if manual...

I just recently reseted the trip computer, I'm on like 6.0L/100 now and hasn't fluctuated yet... My max was 6.5 ...
and seem to be bullshit for me since I only done 474KM on about 6-6.2L/100Km. Can't even reach 500...

and you got a Jazz Type S ?? Huh?

What fuel you using preimum, unleaded, or 98 Ron stuff like BP ultiimate? that trip meter is sometimes accurate and sometimes not depending on how it feels, just work it out manually and you get better average than the trip meter. I have just toppped my record of 34.75L pf fuel to get average of 570km from 1 tank :thumbsup:

rokkuchan
12-02-2005, 03:30 PM
What fuel you using preimum, unleaded, or 98 Ron stuff like BP ultiimate? that trip meter is sometimes accurate and sometimes not depending on how it feels, just work it out manually and you get better average than the trip meter. I have just toppped my record of 34.75L pf fuel to get average of 570km from 1 tank :thumbsup:

I've been using 91RON unleaded for ages...

Catcha
12-02-2005, 03:57 PM
I've been using 91RON unleaded for ages...

Try premium unleaded from woolies caltex, run you currrent tank to as low as possible fill with premium and get the rest of the old unleaded through the system, then fill it up again with premium and see how you go in reaching the magical 500km mark. or better yet use BP ultimate..and tell us how you go in 2 weeks or so.

ahcash
12-02-2005, 07:56 PM

Type S? VTi-S you mean?

9.0L/100 is pretty heavy? CVT or Manual?

rokkuchan
13-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Try premium unleaded from woolies caltex, run you currrent tank to as low as possible fill with premium and get the rest of the old unleaded through the system, then fill it up again with premium and see how you go in reaching the magical 500km mark. or better yet use BP ultimate..and tell us how you go in 2 weeks or so.

I did use premium when my car was around 15k km. No difference really. around 450-490ish kms... But i think the reason is i live in the hills and i drive down hill and up everyday if im heading to town and stuff...

Catcha
13-02-2005, 10:48 AM
I did use premium when my car was around 15k km. No difference really. around 450-490ish kms... But i think the reason is i live in the hills and i drive down hill and up everyday if im heading to town and stuff...

how many km's you have on your car now...it would have freed up heaps i now mine has, and it's only getting better and better. You living hills should not make a difference, what premium did you use, for my car i can tell you that shell premium and bp unleaded get me the same figures, but bp preimum is in another league.

Trial and error is all i can say if you can be bothered :D

rokkuchan
13-02-2005, 03:36 PM
how many km's you have on your car now...it would have freed up heaps i now mine has, and it's only getting better and better. You living hills should not make a difference, what premium did you use, for my car i can tell you that shell premium and bp unleaded get me the same figures, but bp preimum is in another league.

Trial and error is all i can say if you can be bothered :D

I use to use BP ultimate only and stuck with that, nothing else.
Ive done about 31K kms now. I think hills does make a difference. To get to my house i have to go through a 5 minute steep hill climb. So it's burning more fuel than normal at 60Km/hr but I dont understand why my trip comp don't increase... should be atleast 6.7 since im doin less kms and more revs...

Catcha
13-02-2005, 03:52 PM
I use to use BP ultimate only and stuck with that, nothing else.
Ive done about 31K kms now. I think hills does make a difference. To get to my house i have to go through a 5 minute steep hill climb. So it's burning more fuel than normal at 60Km/hr but I dont understand why my trip comp don't increase... should be atleast 6.7 since im doin less kms and more revs...

you said that you used 91 ron for ages now that is unleaded or have you been using ultimate "????? i think your larger wheels are effecting your fuel consumption, hence you not hitting the 500 mark.

quizery
13-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Nope Type S is 1.8 L DOHC VTEC engine (arround 127-130KW)

They body IS different as VTI-s but the engine is different .... VTI-S (SOHC 1.5 VTEC (89kw)) ........ and TYPE S is 1.8L DOHC VTECH (127-130KW)

I USING 98 RON Petrol :( and sumtimes I use 102 RON PETROL (102 petrol = 98 RON + Nitrous Liquid Formula it give 4 octane more, and make the RON 98 into 102 RON)

TYPE S front and rear brake is DISC BRAKE , as current Jazz (disc and drum)

Inside is recaro sport seat, Momo Steering wheels and Momo 17"

ASK your honda dealer... is cost around $37k + dealer

quizery
13-02-2005, 04:08 PM
i achieve 9.0L after Dragging with S2000 >.<... i still lost >.<... why i got 9.0L coz i modified using TURBO Stage 1 and Change the exhaust system to HURICANE exhaust

the standart Type S is 130KW with that turbo and huricane i push until 156kw

gd1_nz
13-02-2005, 05:49 PM
damn....tats a nice jazz....could it be a B18c tat u have got???...if u dunt mind could u post some photos of ur car on here....thx..

quizery
13-02-2005, 06:14 PM
i think is B18C also... but havent check the engine code >.< but is gotta be B18C i just had it like in november... and i'm going away to Overseas for 2 months

JUST wait after i change the Brake into Brembo's :D ok...

please wait...

spoon fit
13-02-2005, 06:18 PM

rokkuchan
13-02-2005, 06:34 PM
you said that you used 91 ron for ages now that is unleaded or have you been using ultimate "????? i think your larger wheels are effecting your fuel consumption, hence you not hitting the 500 mark.

Yeah I use 91 ron most of the time... there's only one time I use BP Ultimate for awhile until i switch back to regular. And i only had larger wheels for awhile and during that time i used regular... the period that i used BP Ultimate i had stockies on.

Catcha
13-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Yeah I use 91 ron most of the time... there's only one time I use BP Ultimate for awhile until i switch back to regular. And i only had larger wheels for awhile and during that time i used regular... the period that i used BP Ultimate i had stockies on.

Don't know but i felt that now on about 8000km the car has free up heaps and the fuel consumption only gotten better oh well i tried to help ya :p

rokkuchan
13-02-2005, 08:28 PM
How heavy/hard does everyone drive? When I drive (on fuel saving mode), with manual,

1st gear 15m @ 2K rpm,
2nd gear 30km @ 2K rpm,
3rd gear 50km @ 2k rpm,
4th gear 60km @ 2k rpm,
5th gear 60km @ 1.8k rpm

That's how i drive to get 6.0-6.3L/100km on my trip computer.

it sorta grandma driving, i often get tailgaters doing this but i ignore them most of the time...:)

terris08
13-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Somehow I got 5.0l/100km showing on my trip meter today.

Catcha
13-02-2005, 10:46 PM
How heavy/hard does everyone drive? When I drive (on fuel saving mode), with manual,

1st gear 15m @ 2K rpm,
2nd gear 30km @ 2K rpm,
3rd gear 50km @ 2k rpm,
4th gear 60km @ 2k rpm,
5th gear 60km @ 1.8k rpm

That's how i drive to get 6.0-6.3L/100km on my trip computer.

it sorta grandma driving, i often get tailgaters doing this but i ignore them most of the time...:)

I just shift before 3000rpm about 2800rpm

MRFIT
13-02-2005, 11:13 PM
wow wow wow..... I've been on a trip to the Grampians...... highway average 6.0L....

on the way back, I had to fill up with Premium unleaded.... and the trip computer showed 5.8L......ummmm........

by the way...... what's with this "Type S" thing????? Is this guy for real?? or is he out of his damn mind.......

Catcha
13-02-2005, 11:21 PM
oh the type s thing just leave it...........just stirring the pot is what i am guessing....that trip computer i would take that reading with a grain of salt unreliable

MRFIT
14-02-2005, 11:17 PM
I've been driving with the tank of Mobile premium (95) since I got back from the trip, and the trip computer is still only showing around 6.0L around the city. I will see if I can last until 550km..... if it does, I guess I will only use Ultimate every 4th fill then....

civiceg9
14-02-2005, 11:59 PM
6.0L/100km then one tank goes 700kms
there is no way I can go near that figure unless I do alot of freeway.
I can get around 500km in city drive with 8-9L/100km (reset meter every refuel)
CVT seems to be more fuel saving, manual need to change gear at 3000rpm otherwise the car seems to crawl. well it does crawl abit :p

MRFIT
15-02-2005, 10:20 PM
hehe...... I wish my car can do 700km per tank......

well..... in theory, 42L tank, 6L /100km = 700km..... that's why I think the trip computer is not accurate at all..... :(

Dreams
16-02-2005, 09:06 AM
you guys need to specifiy what transmision u have bro..
CVT or Manual?.. im confused... especially those who can get over 600kms! hehe

wyl03
16-02-2005, 10:27 AM
i have a manual VTI. 600 kms is easily achieved in our weekly drive.
the "low fuel" light typically comes on at around 550kms. that indicates 7L fuel left. should be good for another 100kms.

Catcha
16-02-2005, 03:07 PM
i have a manual VTI. 600 kms is easily achieved in our weekly drive.
the "low fuel" light typically comes on at around 550kms. that indicates 7L fuel left. should be good for another 100kms.

you say 600kms is easily achivedweekly , but you second part says it's good for another 100kms from 550km when the light comes on so is that in theory or actual ? what fuel you using by the way

muli
16-02-2005, 05:16 PM
when my light comes on i get anywhere from 100-140kays, once i filled up 41.?? litres of fuel. The 1.5l supposedly gets 20km per/L and 1.3l gets 25km per/L according to honda at 100km/per Hr. I travel roughly 100kays everyday to work, bit of highway & open back road the rest, $5-6 gets me to work & home everyday easily.

wyl03
16-02-2005, 05:34 PM
if u have 7L left and your average fuel consumption is 7L/100km, then shouldn't u have 100 kms to go?

simple math.
i'm using 7L/100km bcos i reckon this is pretty average. in fact, for me, this is one the high side of average.

if u have 7L left and your average fuel consumption is 6L/100km, then you should have:
(7/6)*100 = 116.67kms ...

MRFIT
16-02-2005, 11:01 PM
gosh......... seriously.......... doesn't really matter......... Jazz is the most efficient car I've owned......... 6L or 7L per 100km..... I won't look at my Trip Computer anymore....

:D

I always thought the manual cars use less than auto, but the CVT is really impressive....

Catcha
17-02-2005, 11:05 AM
if u have 7L left and your average fuel consumption is 7L/100km, then shouldn't u have 100 kms to go?

simple math.
i'm using 7L/100km bcos i reckon this is pretty average. in fact, for me, this is one the high side of average.

if u have 7L left and your average fuel consumption is 6L/100km, then you should have:
(7/6)*100 = 116.67kms ...

Yes simple maths .....it's all relative when you havn't actually reached it, 1/4 miles times can be calcualted as well in theory, but until it's actually raced then you only know.

why are some members only wishing that they could get 700kms in theory .But in reality you can't

Dreams
17-02-2005, 11:20 AM
haha. every replies here. is very2 confusing.. one say this one say that..
lol.

so...

whats the average for MANUAL? and CVT?

Andys
17-02-2005, 12:12 PM
I'd like to add to the 'who cares' bit. Sure it might give a rough idea of performance, but there are too many other variables.

Isn't real world driveability more important?

The jazz is really zippy around town. The flip side is it really runs out of puff on uphill sections, compared to bigger-engined cars.

- Andrew