PDA

View Full Version : New Euros enroute to showroom

Alpine
20-06-2008, 07:49 PM
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2251/image017axr8.jpg

Spotted this today on the way to work along Moggill Road, Indooroopilly. Two brand new model Euros on the truck. First time I've seen them in the metal. Looks very edgy, still reminds me of an Autobot. ;) They look good though, more of an evolution of the old model, rather than a complete redesign. Should be another hotcake seller for Honda. :thumbsup:

centurionau
20-06-2008, 07:50 PM
At the Honda Australia website you can download a brochure and accessories information. A sports grille is also available, thank goodness :-)

felixd
20-06-2008, 07:56 PM
ive spotted one aswell that are soo NICE n bigger aswell

bodaas
20-06-2008, 07:58 PM
whos buying one?? c'mon its only 32,990

just go to the dealer and say " can i have one accord euro pls"
i dare you

EUR003act
20-06-2008, 09:01 PM
New Euro Arrived at dealers in Canberra this week... :D

ultimatekenz
20-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I got to see the new euro in person when i went to pick up my car today.

I personally like the new look, and the interior is much nicer than the previous models. The dealer i went to had the new euro and the new normal accord side by side and the new euro looks the same, if not bigger than the normal accord =\

hisoka
20-06-2008, 10:23 PM

i dare you

are you for real thats how much it is~:D

Drew
20-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Standard model yes

interfooler
20-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Spotted this today on the way to work along Moggill Road, Indooroopilly. Two brand new model Euros on the truck. First time I've seen them in the metal. Looks very edgy, still reminds me of an Autobot. ;) They look good though, more of an evolution of the old model, rather than a complete redesign. Should be another hotcake seller for Honda. :thumbsup:

Yeah its an evolution of the previous model rather than a revolution. Well the Germans have been doing that for years. Park a Porsche 997 and 996 side by side you can even have a game of 'spot the difference' :P

Drew
20-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Better yet get a Porsche 911 from 1964 and a present model and play spot the difference :p

hisoka
21-06-2008, 01:13 PM
WTF guys just call to indooroopilly, my freind work at that one and he said somewere around 36 mark for a shit base model, wtf~, is this the non bargained price. i had a look on the website and it says 32 something, then this guy told me 36 today.~bad luck guys, wanted to be first ozhonda new euro owner lol.

there is two different kinds of spoilers aswell , duckbill and regular

bigdongers
21-06-2008, 02:39 PM
they look really good in this non professional pic!

I wasnt 100% convinced with the official honda photos but they do look good in your real life photo

SPQR
21-06-2008, 02:46 PM
WTF guys just call to indooroopilly, my freind work at that one and he said somewere around 36 mark for a shit base model, wtf~, is this the non bargained price. i had a look on the website and it says 32 something, then this guy told me 36 today.~bad luck guys, wanted to be first ozhonda new euro owner lol

The difference is that the lower amount is the list price (without stamp duty, dealer delivery fee, registration and CTP insurance) and the larger amount is the on-road price with all of the stuff in the previous brackets and even possibly a "transfer fee" or "administration fee". I doubt you'll be able to get much off the on-road price for a just-released model. Maybe at the end of year sales.

I for one will be glad when the current federal government introduces compulsory on-road price advertising. This should improve competition.

UNLS1
21-06-2008, 03:35 PM
the lux i had last night looked good in my garage!

SPQR
21-06-2008, 04:41 PM
the lux i had last night looked good in my garage!

I'm hoping that it'll magically mushroom into my garage! I usually have my lux's at a Thai restaurant. I've not tried a garage before.

Type R Positive
22-06-2008, 06:12 PM

i dare you
I am..... :D

hisoka
22-06-2008, 06:54 PM
plus 3 grand on road makes it about 36 lol

EuroBro
22-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Just looked at the new Euro today. Must admit, I was very dissapointed with the interior quality of materials. Previous Euro had better leaather, less cheap plastics. Apart from these negs, the car looks very shlick, has more features and is more sportier all around. Should appeal more too ppl under 40 yo's. The Accord V6 is more luxurious for larger blokes or families.

Delta_One
22-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Just saw the new Euro around the corner from where I live, Looks SO NICE!!! In gunmetal grey. So nice!!! Wasn't luxury I don't think.

SPQR
23-06-2008, 12:58 AM
My local H dealer actually called me on Friday last week to offer me a glossy brochure (which I took with appreciation). It smells nice at least. The real cars won't turn up for at least a week, maybe two.

Wheels magazine should be out this week. I wonder if they've noticed the new Euro.

tron07
23-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I saw the new Euro Advertistment on TV while watching F1 yesterday... made me so want one....

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 10:30 AM
I saw the new Euro Advertistment on TV while watching F1 yesterday... made me so want one....
Superman!!!!

Yeah, I saw that one too! And Im getting one!!! :p

Pumped
23-06-2008, 11:01 AM
After a close look at the euro luxury
it makes me want to upgrade my current euro to one :)

very nice!

hisoka
23-06-2008, 11:11 AM
hey guys what happens if i trade in my current 2007 euro , they said something about it but i wasn't listening lol.

they said something about they can trade it in for new one??

Pumped
23-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Im sure they could trade it in, it'll cost you a bit though :p

tron07
23-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Superman!!!!

Yeah, I saw that one too! And Im getting one!!! :p

more like IronMan, with the hands dont the stabilizing action.

If you were to sell/trade your 07 for the 09, you will probably loose 5k or more....

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 12:27 PM
more like IronMan, with the hands dont the stabilizing action. I haven't seen it yet..... I live far far away from any cinema's. :o

If you were to sell/trade your 07 for the 09, you will probably loose 5k or more....
I'd say more.... :(

Euro76
23-06-2008, 06:06 PM
I'd say more.... :(

First year of owning this car would depreciate the car by 26%. So when I bought my car for $33,900 back in January 2007 then today's value of my car would be about $22,000. I don't think it's worth it to trade with new Euro. I guess I have to wait for about two years so I believe the value of my car would depreciate evenly.

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 06:16 PM
I think if I still had my '04 euro, I don't think I would trade up.
Maybe I would to a new luxury since I had a base model.

I am getting a new base model too, by the way.

I traded in my 07 toyota corolla accent sport and lost about $7k. It had 40k+ kms on it though!

Drew
23-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I'd be getting the Luxury Nav I think... Can't live without HIDs

panda[cRx]
23-06-2008, 07:54 PM
My local H dealer actually called me on Friday last week to offer me a glossy brochure (which I took with appreciation). It smells nice at least. The real cars won't turn up for at least a week, maybe two.

Wheels magazine should be out this week. I wonder if they've noticed the new Euro.

maybe in darwin, but they arrived in dealerships elsewhere last week :wave:

hisoka be prepared to tear up a few grand if u trade in, but they're an awesome car so why not lol

unity
23-06-2008, 07:56 PM
hey guys what happens if i trade in my current 2007 euro , they said something about it but i wasn't listening lol.

they said something about they can trade it in for new one??

Well you can trade in any car you like but there is no way they will give you new for old. Your 2007 Euro would now be worth only about 80% what you paid for it brand new. If they were to do a direct swap I'll be in for that too.

hisoka
23-06-2008, 08:51 PM
nah iam not even going to go for it aye~, i saw it again today, it looks more and more like a American car to me lol for some reason, but the real reason i dont want to get it is honestly in my mind i can say i like my euro better~

UNLS1
23-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Well you can trade in any car you like but there is no way they will give you new for old. Your 2007 Euro would now be worth only about 80% what you paid for it brand new. If they were to do a direct swap I'll be in for that too.

less than 80%....much less now.

unity
23-06-2008, 10:51 PM
nah iam not even going to go for it aye~, i saw it again today, it looks more and more like a American car to me lol for some reason, but the real reason i dont want to get it is honestly in my mind i can say i like my euro better~

Be patient and be happy with what you have got. It's impossible to keep up to date with any changing technology (ie cars, TV , computers, etc, etc) unless you are loaded.
In a few years time there will be a newer model with heaps more features than the latest euro. Set your sights on that.

SPQR
23-06-2008, 10:57 PM
less than 80%....much less now.

Yeah! Lets lower expectations. My local dealer's doing the same thing. Still, not as bad Volvo depreciation. A friend of mine bought one of those fancy S80's a couple of years back for over $80K. He was offered $4k by the local Volvo dealer as a trade on a new S80.

JAC
23-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I tested drive the base model auto last saturday. I was the first customer to test drive as the car only has 13km on it.
very nice car, looks very aggresive, great interior and has premium sound with 10 speakers standard.
I prefer the old euro Hydraulic power steering than the new eps though
the paddle shift works fine, but the fuel cons shows about 17.5lt/100 km for 10km journey?? I was shocked, I though I reset the trip computer before took off, hope this figure was wrong!
I was thinking to get the auto lux, but my wife wanted crv lux instead for practicality, they are the same price but euro has a lot more gadgets to over and better interior quality, driver focus and it'sa new car (less discount)
guest I will have to save up again and drive my old accord for another year, but I will get one for sure next year either the volcanic grey or buran silver.
Overall it's a great car to own, less chrome interior door handle but the floating rev & speedometer look cool. prices range are good and cheaper that the old one.
another car on my top wish list.

yfin
24-06-2008, 06:49 AM
the paddle shift works fine, but the fuel cons shows about 17.5lt/100 km for 10km journey?? I was shocked, I though I reset the trip computer before took off, hope this figure was wrong!

It is a new car and it was only 10kms! You really need to test the consumption over a much longer distance and time.

Crapdaz
24-06-2008, 08:41 AM
It is a new car and it was only 10kms! You really need to test the consumption over a much longer distance and time.
also include that fuel consumption will be different on a new car with new engine compared to worn in engine

Type R Positive
24-06-2008, 08:59 AM
but the fuel cons shows about 17.5lt/100 km for 10km journey??
Take a V8 for a test drive that has this feature! :eek:

My works 6cyl faclon goes from 550km left in the tank to in the 200km's left in a 50km drive home with me behind the wheel! :cool:

Crapdaz
24-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Take a V8 for a test drive that has this feature! :eek:

My works 6cyl faclon goes from 550km left in the tank to in the 200km's left in a 50km drive home with me behind the wheel! :cool:

that's because you go on the roundabout (doughy-ing) too many times. joking.

skyflyer
24-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Believe it or not, this and CL and CD are the hottest Accords so far... and the hottest medium sedan thus far! Can't wait to see it on the road.

Suntzu
24-06-2008, 02:37 PM
The price on the standard is so good im thinking of upgrading. i just know that after 12 months on tein SS and RSB i wont like the handling.

So i will also wait, maybe get the diesel and mod that SUcKA with the some tuRbo BoOstAge!

I hate waiting...

Type R Positive
24-06-2008, 03:21 PM
So i will also wait, maybe get the diesel and mod that SUcKA with the some tuRbo BoOstAge!
The 2.2L turbo diesel does look very appealing, even from performance point of view. Its got 110kW power 350Nm torque!!!

The 3L turbo diesel in my Toyota VX Prado is 127kW/410Nm, and acceleration for a 2000+kg vechile is impressive. What impresses me the most is I am averaging a little under 11L/100kms, and that is with a heavy foot. When I drive sedately (like on highway trips when I stick to the speed limit), I easily get under 9L/100kms. These figures are averaged out between fill ups. 180L tank gets me far. Very very far.

Honda have to release this model. Please release this model. I couldn't care less about the wagon, just the turbo diesel thanks.

If they do release the TD, I'd be all over it like a 10 year old on a cupcake! :thumbsup:

MKI4EVA
24-06-2008, 03:29 PM
it's just not right when a car sounds like a tractor

Type R Positive
24-06-2008, 03:59 PM
it's just not right when a car sounds like a tractor Yeah, there is a stigma attached to diesel power.
But f@rk it, give me less than 6L/100kms all day long with plenty of power.

My mate just got one of those turbo diesel i30 Hyundais. It is actually bloody fun to drive. 255Nm of torque does that. It's got 1.6L engine and he gets just about 1000km per tank!

It would be fun to boost a TD euro up and fog everyone out at the lights with thick black particulate smoke!

bodaas
24-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I am..... :D

i dare you, visit the showroom, without looking at the car

and say " can i have one accord euro pls", sign the contract or whatever to prove you purchase the car

and post here, i give you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Type R Positive
24-06-2008, 06:10 PM
i dare you, visit the showroom, without looking at the car

and say " can i have one accord euro pls", sign the contract or whatever to prove you purchase the car

and post here, i give you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My 6sp volcanic ash euro will be ready tomorrow actually. ;)
If I can pick it up tomorrow is another story......

blk05gli
24-06-2008, 09:43 PM
i had a good look at the new euro today at scotts honda atarmon. my view:

pros:
Interior is very good. buttons and switch gear feel solid. nice little touches like proper handles in the boot for dropping the rear seats, an electric switch for he boot release in the door. i think that there are enough cup holders and 12v sockets this time :-). Air con vents in glovebox, centre console storage and in rear compartment finally! nice shift action on the manual box. blue instrument look good and the trip computer display inside the speedo looks very clean. boot looks about the same size as my 04. Honda factory body kit option makes the car a lot smoother. sunroof switch actually near the sunroof, not next to VSA button.

Cons: as i was interested mainly in the non nav lux, the main display could have been made more appealing, its just a cleaner LCD version of the CL9 display. Also, the switch gear for the drivers side windows, locks is all squashed up against the door handle. when you see it, you'll know what I mean.

Summary: after I have seen this in person, this new lux has knocked the jetta off top spot for my next car.

Drew
24-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I would have liked to see the sunroof control on the door together with the mirror/windows

SPQR
24-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I would have liked to see the sunroof control on the door together with the mirror/windows

lol! So droll! So it can get soaking wet with the other switches when you open the door in the rain.

Drew
24-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Well the other switches get wet anyway so not like it would make any difference, I just dislike moving my hands more than a couple of inches to push a button in the car.

If I wanted to have to reach into the glove box to open my door, and reach under the rear seats to use the indicator; I would have bought a Falcodore

SPQR
24-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Well the other switches get wet anyway so not like it would make any difference, I just dislike moving my hands more than a couple of inches to push a button in the car.

If I wanted to have to reach into the glove box to open my door, and reach under the rear seats to use the indicator; I would have bought a Falcodore

Sorry, I thought you were being sarcastic: But rain is an issue up here in the tropics with door mounted switches. They get absolutely soaked even if you open the door for just a split second!

Drew
24-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Dude I come from New Zealand and we get more rain in a week than what Australia gets in a decade...

It's never been an issue; just don't leave the door jarred open for an hour when you get out.

SPQR
25-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Dude I come from New Zealand and we get more rain in a week than what Australia gets in a decade...

It's never been an issue; just don't leave the door jarred open for an hour when you get out.

I had to check. Apparently, NZ rainfall ranges between 600mm to 1600mm per annum on average. Darwin's rainfall average is 1,714mm per annum with a record of 2,776mm in 1998. And most of that rain falls between January and March. The most we've had in one hour is 280mm of rainfall. It's wet in the tropics.

An hour would be disastrous! I don't really mind where the switches are as long as they are handy but I don't really like them getting wet.

EUR003act
25-06-2008, 12:23 AM
hahaha im with drew on this one... even tho yes i admit switches get wet... (ive never had one fail!!) i see no point in having an electric sunroof when you have to reach 2ft up to the sunroof to push the button to open it... much easier to move your finger 1inch while its resting on the door handle... :D

my two cents

Type R Positive
25-06-2008, 12:29 AM
I had to check. Apparently, NZ rainfall ranges between 600mm to 1600mm per annum on average. Darwin's rainfall average is 1,714mm per annum with a record of 2,776mm in 1998. And most of that rain falls between January and March. The most we've had in one hour is 280mm of rainfall. It's wet in the tropics.

An hour would be disastrous! I don't really mind where the switches are as long as they are handy but I don't really like them getting wet.
Hahaha, dissed! :p

P.S. Im a Gove boy!:wave:

Drew
25-06-2008, 12:29 AM

It's ok I'll be your friend...

You are seriously exaggerating the problem

Type R Positive
25-06-2008, 12:30 AM
It's ok I'll be your friend...

You are seriously exaggerating the problem
Come on Drew, I found it funny!!!

Drew
25-06-2008, 12:38 AM
a record of 2,776mm in 1998.

We had 18.4m (18,400mm) in 1997/1998

Depending on where in New Zealand you live (populated areas) you get 1,200mm to 3,200mm rainfall on average p.a
Some areas average 3-6m a year
Lower south east of the South Island tends to be fairly dry, less than 400-800mm
Most of the populated North Island is 1200-1600mm

Maybe you should go and check again?

sports06
25-06-2008, 02:59 PM
for anyone living in darwin, i dropped into honda today to book my car in for a service, and they had just got the new euro off the truck.... spoke to the head guy and he said they willl be having a launch day soon, so if anyone is interested either drop in there and give them your name or PM me

SPQR
25-06-2008, 07:32 PM
We had 18.4m (18,400mm) in 1997/1998

Depending on where in New Zealand you live (populated areas) you get 1,200mm to 3,200mm rainfall on average p.a
Some areas average 3-6m a year
Lower south east of the South Island tends to be fairly dry, less than 400-800mm
Most of the populated North Island is 1200-1600mm

Maybe you should go and check again?

I did. I suppose you could count deep snow as rain. Yes, the windy west coast of the South Island has extreme rain (and snow) but few people live there. I've been there and thought it was stunning, like much of NZ. And no I'm not polishing an apple for you. And, as I said, I don't mind where the sunroof controls go but I don't really like getting them wet.

NZ Climate data:
http://www.niwascience.co.nz/edu/resources/climate/overview/