PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic 92-95 EG5 Water Leak HELP!

Lukezen27
21-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Hey Guys

I'm getting water leaking onto the top of my stock ECU that's located under the glove box on the left.

Its leaking down from behind the dash somewhere and ending up on the passenger floor.

I replaced the windscreen thinking that would fix it but it didn't help.. wasted $500 bucks.

What part of the fire wall would let the water in and roll down the wiring loom and how did I get to it to fix it?

Thanks

LukeZen

SuiJin
21-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Check if the plastic covering is properly placed into the hole between the firewall and the internals. (Passenger Side)
So look past your battery to the left. behind the alternator, there should be a small plastic covering, usually where a power cable is threaded through to reach the internal generally for the soundsystem. This plug may have been mia, popped out, rotted itself due to stupid installation of soundsystem. etc etc. just check that first. else ur ac/fan is fudged ;) or u might need to start replacing the plastic seals around the front of ur car. the strips to stop water entering engine bay.

start from the cheaper stuff first. lol not the windscreen.

teh_mechanic
21-06-2008, 04:39 PM
common leak on the eg's that results in water down near the ecu is the rubber door seals

bennjamin
21-06-2008, 05:06 PM
dam not the best thing...why did you post BEFORE wasting the money lol ?

Its one of 3 things IMO

1.Rubber grommet on the firewall or A pillar...these come loose with age and do leak water into teh cabin
2. Your sunroof tubing has a leak , in teh a pillar its loose or rusted
3. If its a water patch around the ECU area on the floor , it could be a hole in the actual floor/chassis. I had a small hole made by a gutter impact in a previous car , and when it rained water would actually splash up thru and absorb into the floor carpet.

Try it all out Luke

Aleksi
21-06-2008, 05:09 PM
I had a leak of a similar type in my EK. May be this will help:

Grab a torch, stick your head under the glovebox area (where passanger footrest is) and look up to see where the water is coming from. Mine was coming from the corner, and just leaking down from an unknown area. I used silicon to fill it up, and guess what, no more leaks.

EG30
21-06-2008, 05:29 PM
had a broken windscreen seal along the a pillar on an EH sedan i had last year, water was dripping on the passenger floor area and filled the blower fan unit with water.
In my case bit of silastic fixed it straightaway.

02gzm
27-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Take out the glove box and do what alexi said imo. It's only a few screws. Should be able to see the leak a bit better.