PDA

View Full Version : King springs question - pls help

Alpine
18-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Does someone know if 2" drop King springs from a '96 Civic hatch will fit straight into a '99 Civic Coupe?

Would 17" rims on 205/40/17 rubber be okay with a 2" drop?

CivicCoupe
18-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Does someone know if 2" drop King springs from a '96 Civic hatch will fit straight into a '99 Civic Coupe?

Would 17" rims on 205/40/17 rubber be okay with a 2" drop?

Hey alpine!

Yes it will fit straight in. And i have the same setup as what you mentioned
ie. 205/40 on 17's.. except i went for eibachs instead of kings. The rubber is fine. Definitely no scrubs on my ride. Its a nice drop, but personally I would have gone for a 2.5" drop if I was to do it again. Sometimes to me it just seems like it sits a tad high.

Alpine
18-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey dude, thanks for your advice. Are you still running stock shocks? How do you find the ride? Is it back shattering or OK? Are there any pics of your car I can look at to get an idea?

CivicCoupe
18-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Hey dude, thanks for your advice. Are you still running stock shocks? How do you find the ride? Is it back shattering or OK? Are there any pics of your car I can look at to get an idea?

Yeah I am running on stock shocks at the moment. The ride on the eibach springs are still nice. Obviously its not as comfortable as stock, but to me the ride is still very nice and not at all 'back shattering'. My friend who owned a Lancer MR had king springs and he had it lowered about 2.5 on kings with stock shocks and the ride was not too bad, but you could really feel it when he accidentally drove over a pot-hole or uneven road surfaces. Close to 'back shattering'.

Heres a pic
http://www.geocities.com/dnq333/car2.JPG

18-09-2004, 07:13 PM
hey civic coupe,,, just wondering how much did your eibach set you back.. [asyd]boi here... where did you get it done.. ??? thanks.. if the price isnt much different from wat im getting them for i'll go eibach..

thanks.. and nice ride too clean... :D

Alpine
18-09-2004, 07:21 PM
I currently have 15" rims on my Coupe, did you notice much of a performance drop going to 17"?

Alpine
18-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Sorry, I was mistaken. The springs are off a '92 Civic hatch, not a '96. Would the same springs fit straight into a '99 Coupe? I don't think they are the same.

Also, which are better? King Springs or Eibach springs? Which is cheaper or better quality?

CivicCoupe
18-09-2004, 10:12 PM
hey civic coupe,,, just wondering how much did your eibach set you back.. [asyd]boi here... where did you get it done.. ??? thanks.. if the price isnt much different from wat im getting them for i'll go eibach..

thanks.. and nice ride too clean... :D

Hey newbie, I bought my springs from someone in this forums who sells them brand new at 25% off the rrp. His name here is Hanson so you might wanna PM him about the price. I believe it was about $490 for a set of 4 springs, but it was a long time ago so pls dont quote me on that :)

CivicCoupe
18-09-2004, 10:27 PM
I currently have 15" rims on my Coupe, did you notice much of a performance drop going to 17"?

Its been a long time since I was running on stock rims, but there is a feeling that the car is slightly heavier. Unfortunately though I'm not much of a performance guy so its something that I paid little attention to. Sorry man, I hope someone else can help you out better with that one though..

CivicCoupe
18-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Sorry, I was mistaken. The springs are off a '92 Civic hatch, not a '96. Would the same springs fit straight into a '99 Coupe? I don't think they are the same.

Also, which are better? King Springs or Eibach springs? Which is cheaper or better quality?

I can't answer your first question.. i'm really not sure about that one

But I know that king springs are cheaper than eibachs when I was in the market for springs. To me the ride on the eibachs just seemed more solid than when I drove my friends car who rode on king springs. It gave good support, and I would definitely choose it on top of the kings regardless of the price difference. I am sure there are other users here who probably use eibachs and would back me up. If you're on a budget though, king springs will do the job.

bennjamin
18-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Eibach are better. King springns are cheaper. Eibach is better quality.

Question is answered i believe ?

Muckafutha
19-09-2004, 12:47 AM
i used my king springs on my 98 civic, 94 crx and 2000 coupe so i tink they are interchangeaable

ian
20-09-2004, 12:26 PM
i've been running on 215/35R18 on standard lowered King Springs (stock shocks) on my civic vtir coupe (guards not rolled and not rubbing - rims have been manufactured to fit) - although, i've put my stock wheels back on temporarily to compare the difference...........and I definitely like the response of acceleration.........i'm still weighing the difference between looks and performance.

civic_99
20-09-2004, 09:27 PM
goodluck man