PDA

View Full Version : Radio Harness

ej20i
22-06-2008, 12:33 AM
so, thanks to DMX got my double din console replacement for my Civic FD, all good, installed alpine deck and now, i kinda miss the radio...do u guys know where i can get radio harness for the civic?

Ivan_Y
22-06-2008, 01:49 AM
in any audio store, just ask for radio cable from honda factory to aftermarket. u can try "stinger".

aussiebuddha
22-06-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm looking for the same but a honda to iso harness.
I bought one from supercheap auto but it uses an older honda connector and doesnt fit.

Anyone knows where i can get one that fits my civic?

to the OP, be careful the one you get mate, dont be silly like me and spend $20 in something that doesnt work :-(

ej20i
22-06-2008, 07:25 PM
yea thats wad i was thinking...wuld it fit my fd?if i get it from stinger...it only says honda 2004 up

aussiebuddha
22-06-2008, 10:10 PM
one that works is the scosche HA10B
but, i did some searches and did not find any store carrying it in australia :-(

all overseas, and for what i could see, none of them sent intl.

have a look, if you find someone who sells overseas let me know :-)

just to make sure ej20, are you looking for the harness, or just the radio antenna plug converter?

ej20i
23-06-2008, 01:16 PM
yea the radio atenna thing...i'll look around as well for u then...its kinda anoying

aussiebuddha
23-06-2008, 01:44 PM
ahh, I'm looking for the harness itself as I have the radio adapter already, when i installed my last head unit the guys from the shop bought the radio adapter for me.

Not sure where they got it from but you can talk to them www.fhrxstudios.com.au

ej20i
24-06-2008, 10:00 AM
y u looking for the harness it self?just splice the original but dont cut it off like i did...LOLZ...so u can reverse everything

aussiebuddha
24-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Well i used to splice it in the past, and use one of those plastic splicers.
fhrx guys told me these had sound quality issues, and to better cut em and solder.

dmx
24-06-2008, 03:50 PM
To be honest, using adapter also will give you sound quality issue to, so the only choices are cut oof(and solder) or full harness replacement which is quite expensive (a complicated harness will also connect to Aircon/radio/hazard/..., about $250 i reckon)

if only for radio, may be you can from Jaycar, but need to DIY :cool: