PDA

View Full Version : Engine Belts

RtN
22-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey I was wondering what belts should I change.. since I just bought a car. Timing belt? and how about all the others like air conditioning and the power steering etc.. are they not as dangerous if they snap? Would it be better to get Toda Timing belts etc with stock cams and cam gears etc?

nugget1
22-06-2008, 08:17 PM
They say change the timing belt at 100k, just check the other belts to see if they're worn and replace them if they are. Best to just stick with OEM for the timing belt.

blk_shadow
22-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey I was wondering what belts should I change.. since I just bought a car. Timing belt? and how about all the others like air conditioning and the power steering etc.. are they not as dangerous if they snap? Would it be better to get Toda Timing belts etc with stock cams and cam gears etc?

better do a thorough check for the belts, service book (if it shows timing belt changed at 100K).

TODA or OEM makes no difference at all. better just use the OEM ones. cheaper too.

dsp26
22-06-2008, 10:16 PM
no point getting strong aftermarket timing belts unless you have a race car... coz the lifespan of the waterpump is half that of the belt and they usually come in a kit together anyway