PDA

View Full Version : 2004 DC5 Type difference?

simon_l
22-06-2008, 02:42 PM
hi all,
quick question.
i am a massive integra noob and i am looking at buying a DC5, what is the difference in motor and performance from a luxury to a type R?

Cheers,
Simon.

dc2dc2dc2
22-06-2008, 02:44 PM
integra sticky
learn to read it
covered many times.

iversonruls
22-06-2008, 03:03 PM
or search

load of answers

simon_l
22-06-2008, 03:47 PM
i understand where you are coming from, but i have done a load of reading around this site and i have massive amounts of info on the DC5 type-r but very little on the luxury and what it lacks?
does it have the same motor? only with different tuning?
i know there is a massive power difference but what makes up that power difference?
the reason i ask is because i will be driving it through traffic 5 days a week and i dont know if i could be bothered to get a manual, otherwise i would have a type-R already.
so i need to know what i am sacrificing to get an semi auto, other that the seats and some aesthetics.
i have read that it lacks an exhaust cam and that all i can find.

geeang
22-06-2008, 05:37 PM
You've already been told to SEARCH

integra listings (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6)

Doesn't take much to figure a luxury would fall under the DC5 Integra Coupe category.

aaronng
22-06-2008, 05:52 PM
i understand where you are coming from, but i have done a load of reading around this site and i have massive amounts of info on the DC5 type-r but very little on the luxury and what it lacks?
does it have the same motor? only with different tuning?
i know there is a massive power difference but what makes up that power difference?
the reason i ask is because i will be driving it through traffic 5 days a week and i dont know if i could be bothered to get a manual, otherwise i would have a type-R already.
so i need to know what i am sacrificing to get an semi auto, other that the seats and some aesthetics.
i have read that it lacks an exhaust cam and that all i can find.
Please read it and also check out carsales.com.au's research section for specs. In a nutshell, you lose sports suspension, the 6-speed manual, recaro seats, LSD, bodykit and about 30kW due to the different engine. Type R gets a "factory modded" engine.

simon_l
22-06-2008, 06:10 PM
ok cool thanks heaps guys.
that carsales research section is awesome, great hookup aaronng.
cheers,
Simon.