PDA

View Full Version : EG Civic Cluster - How to take it out??

-CBOOST-
22-06-2008, 03:55 PM
hey guys
i need to get to the speedo cluster to change some
bulbs in it, tried unscrewing the 2 screws on the top of the
cluster outside plastic, done that but the plastic part that goes around the
vents , the one whole plastic piece did not come off. is there clips? or screws?

does any one know how to the it off?

thanks

90LAN
22-06-2008, 03:57 PM
there is a screw behind the hazard switch left to take off

kairi_k
23-06-2008, 02:33 AM
if ur talking about the centre vents there is a screw behind the hazzard light like 90lan pointed out . for the right side vent. its a bitch to get out. theres a clip on the bottom.its tight! u've gotta use a bit of force to get it out. my advice is get the left side out then run a screwdriver along the bottom and hold it up while pulling the right side of the plastic part out from above.

lex

EG3B16
23-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Tools needed: Phillips Screwdriver and Thin Flathead Screwdriver
Time: 10-15 minutes

1.Slide the thin flathead screwdriver into the area around the hazard switch.
2.Work the hazard switch out gently.
3.Remove the screw behind the hazard switch to the left with a phillips screwdriver.
4.Disconnect the hazard switch by pressing the tab and pulling where my thumb is.
5.Remove the 2 phillips screws above the cluster.
6.Start working out the cluster bezel. I used the bottom left and from the hazard opening. Be careful not to break it, but you will need to give it some force to pull it out.
7.Disconnect the clock if you have one installed.
8.Remove the 2 phillips screws on each side of the cluster.
9.Pull the cluster out and start removing the wire harnesses, just press the tabs and pull.
10.Remove the old cluster.
11.Get the new/replacement cluster and start the process in reverse by inserting the wire harnesses into the appropriate areas.
12.After all the wires have been hooked up, put the cluster in place and screw in on both sides with the 4 phillips screws.
13.Get the cluster bezel and connect the clock back up if you had one.
14.Work the cluster bezel back into place making sure that the hazard wire harness is out to connect to.
15.After the cluster bezel is back in place screw in the 2 screws above the cluster area.
16.Screw in the phillips screw in the lower left behind the hazard switch.
17.Connect the hazard switch.
18.Press the hazard switch back into its place.

And You're all done!

Hope that helps mate! :D

-CBOOST-
23-06-2008, 05:29 PM
thanks alot for that guys!!

just got it all fixed up.:thumbsup:

riruiz_88
23-06-2008, 05:36 PM
what type of lights does the cluster use? did you only buy the lights them selves or did you buy with the socket it goes into?

kazam
23-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Tools needed: Phillips Screwdriver and Thin Flathead Screwdriver
Time: 10-15 minutes

1.Slide the thin flathead screwdriver into the area around the hazard switch.
2.Work the hazard switch out gently.
3.Remove the screw behind the hazard switch to the left with a phillips screwdriver.
4.Disconnect the hazard switch by pressing the tab and pulling where my thumb is.
5.Remove the 2 phillips screws above the cluster.
6.Start working out the cluster bezel. I used the bottom left and from the hazard opening. Be careful not to break it, but you will need to give it some force to pull it out.
7.Disconnect the clock if you have one installed.
8.Remove the 2 phillips screws on each side of the cluster.
9.Pull the cluster out and start removing the wire harnesses, just press the tabs and pull.
10.Remove the old cluster.
11.Get the new/replacement cluster and start the process in reverse by inserting the wire harnesses into the appropriate areas.
12.After all the wires have been hooked up, put the cluster in place and screw in on both sides with the 4 phillips screws.
13.Get the cluster bezel and connect the clock back up if you had one.
14.Work the cluster bezel back into place making sure that the hazard wire harness is out to connect to.
15.After the cluster bezel is back in place screw in the 2 screws above the cluster area.
16.Screw in the phillips screw in the lower left behind the hazard switch.
17.Connect the hazard switch.
18.Press the hazard switch back into its place.

And You're all done!

Hope that helps mate! :D

source?

EG3B16
24-06-2008, 08:31 AM
^^^ AM I not correct?

egpowargh
30-06-2008, 08:16 AM
nice write up dude

that plastic thing initially is a bitch...so many cuts on my fingers from the effing edgess