PDA

View Full Version : F22 turbo faster then a h22a ??

game_accord
30-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Hi Guys,

Just have a friend selling me a turbo kit for the 94 accord. But the kit comes of a h22a(accord version) He had the engine swap into a 94 accord. I went for a ride in his car, but couldnt feel the power coz his car wasnt tuned yet.

I have a few question:
1)Will it fit straght on the f22 easily?

2)Will the f22 turbo be faster then the h22a ? running at 7psi with stock internals.

3)anyone know or have a 94 accord f22 turbo charged? If so what's the output?

Thanx in advance

accordpwr
30-10-2003, 08:44 PM
very good comparison. Frist, I don't think the turbo kit will fit the F22 engine. Which conversion is faster? I might be a bit biased here. he! He!

The F22 would need com, fuel pump, bigger injectors and prefeably some internal work to be ideal. Needs stronger gearbox as well.

The next question is do you want to stay NA or not? If you want to do a conversion, do it right the first time. Don't go half-way, imo.

I would love to have a match-up with a F22 turbo accord. Anyone in melbourne has one?

B|ade
30-10-2003, 10:42 PM
I'm in Sydney

And I've got a 92 Honda Accord :o

Man, mine's only running 6 pounds atm with stock auto gearbox and stock internals! It's been Unichipped tho ...

The auto's about to come out cause it's about to die (from time and wear as opposed to the turbo kit itself)

With the manual gearbox I should be able to run 8-9 pounds (all depends on how strong the f22a manual gearbox actually is).

In my opinion (I'm biased as well), it'd chop an h22a in half :twisted:

game_accord
30-10-2003, 11:44 PM
What cars have you raced and beaten?
Is it worth it?

Cheers also check you email blade.:)

poid
31-10-2003, 07:11 AM
F22 turbo will, at a minimum, have the same hp and better torque at 7psi than a H22A swap. So it'll be faster :)

And thats without internal work and all the rest of it. The gearbox will be fine if manual and you know how to shift properly :wink:

The turbo kit from the H22A wont fit straight on i dont think, i believe the exhaust manifold is different and the dump pipe would most likely need modification as well.

PIN01S
31-10-2003, 07:28 AM
Have you guys timed urselfs on the quarter an 0-100 km\h ?...wots ur best times and what cars have u beaten off the lights?... i wanna know cuz i might turbo charge my accord if it will beat my freinds Integra Type-R

B|ade
31-10-2003, 10:31 AM
Yea

That's why I had to get everything custom

You get a more unique setup that way anyway :P

poid
31-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Very true :P

Though you can buy off the shelf manifolds from the US, I believe Drag and FMAX make them. The cost of buying them here is ridiculously expensive though, so its best to get one custom made :)

And since you would be getting the exhaust and cooler piping custom made anyway, might as well get the mani done at the same time :D

The only question in my mind is not whether to go H22A or turbo, its whether to do low boost on stock internals or beef those pistons and rods up :twisted:

B|ade i bet you have fun chopping people who dont see you coming cos you drive an accord :lol:

Calvo
31-10-2003, 05:13 PM
haha theres nothin better than drivin an accord and chopping someone. the look of shock on their face is sooooooo good :P

as someone already said, it depends on whether u want boost, or to remain N/A. theres two sides of the argument etc. but if ur gonna get turbo setup or an engine conversion, i reckon u should save bit more and get a nice proper and thorough setup done. no point in tryin to save money on it, only to have it fk up and u needin to spend more money.

i'd rather pay a bit more and get it done at a place which can do it properly.

either way whether u turbo ur F22 or swap in a H22A, ur gonna have a beast :P

B|ade
31-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Haha

Yea man

I love it

Though it doesnt happen too often

I think people still dismiss my car as "rice" so I just rev hard next to em and let my blow-off do the talking ... Hahaha

But yea, it surprises the **** outta people man!

Really good fun

Calvo
31-10-2003, 09:13 PM
cant wait to catch u on the newie cruise blade :D

game_accord
02-11-2003, 06:23 AM
Btw anyone know how much a custom turbo manifold would cost for the f22 engine?

B|ade
02-11-2003, 08:21 AM
Hahah

Yea man :)

It should be good

Dude, I dunno how much i payed but I'm sure it was alot .. Lol

poid
02-11-2003, 03:16 PM
You can get a manifold for $500-$800 or so custom made