PDA

View Full Version : ticking/clicking/flicking sound on euro

unity
22-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi forum, I have noticed a ticking/clicking/flicking noise coming some where from the rear left hand side of the car. It is more noticable once the speed reaches 40+. I am definite the noise is coming from outside the car because when I open the rear left window the sound is a lot louder.
Has anyone in the forum come across this before or have any idea what's causing the noise?

yfin
22-06-2008, 07:23 PM
check for stones stuck in the tread of your tyres - or even a nail, etc in the tyre.

unity
22-06-2008, 08:35 PM
check for stones stuck in the tread of your tyres - or even a nail, etc in the tyre.

ok thanks, i'll have a closer look now. It's so annoying. It makes the sound like the wheel on wheel of furtune, except it's not making me a fortune. If their wheel stuffs up they can just take mine.

centurionau
22-06-2008, 08:54 PM
I agree with Yfin.
I had a similar sound yesterday, and discovered that I had a nail in my tyre. Had to buy a new tyre as the nail had gone straight through, on an angle.

unity
22-06-2008, 09:45 PM
hey thanks so much for your advice yfin. There was a small stone caught in the tyre thread. Small stone but it made a hell of a racket.
Very much appreciated, Unity

Crapdaz
22-06-2008, 10:12 PM
the worst is having a stone rubbing your rotor.
worst noise you can listen to during a quiet night of driving.

glad you found your problem.

unity
22-06-2008, 10:27 PM
the worst is having a stone rubbing your rotor.
worst noise you can listen to during a quiet night of driving.

glad you found your problem.

Thankyou. Well I am glad to say that I haven't had that problem and hope I never do.

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Thats one thing I don't like about quiet interiors like the euro. Any squeek, creak, groan annoys the crap out of you.....

Ilia
25-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Absoloute pain in the backside, infact sometimes i would turn the radio/ stereo off to listen to any (stupid i know)

i had the exact same problem and had a check, weird but the back headrest on the left hand side was making the noise, straitened it up and no worries!