PDA

View Full Version : FD2 issues?

triode12
23-06-2008, 10:11 AM
My FD2 hasn't gone past 1000Kms yet but it is drinking fuel like it is going out of fashion fast. It is currently at 1/3 tank and it has only covered 250kms. The fuel consumption worse than my 12 yr old 1.8L Ford laser.

I've read somewhere that new cars drink a lot but isn't this too much? Should I be worried? Or is this normal?

Also, the driver's side window is gets stuck all the time. One would've thought that they would have solved this problem by now.

aaronng
23-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Is this your first or 2nd tank that you are on? You can't use the 1st tank to calculate fuel consumption because it is not filled to the top by your dealer. :)

For your other issue with the stuck window, it is covered under warranty. Many FD1 and FD2 civics have that problem.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67030

triode12
23-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Is this your first or 2nd tank that you are on? You can't use the 1st tank to calculate fuel consumption because it is not filled to the top by your dealer. :)

For your other issue with the stuck window, it is covered under warranty. Many FD1 and FD2 civics have that problem.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67030

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the quick reply. It's on it's 3rd tank.

howy
23-06-2008, 10:56 AM
There are many factors regarding fuel consumption. For example, type of fuel, weather conditions, your driving patterns, highway driving or city driving etc...

My new 08 FD1 has been averaging about 9.4L/100km, but that's a lot of city driving and me driving a bit hard.

triode12
23-06-2008, 10:58 AM
There are many factors regarding fuel consumption. For example, type of fuel, weather conditions, your driving patterns, highway driving or city driving etc...

My new 08 FD1 has been averaging about 9.4L/100km, but that's a lot of city driving and me driving a bit hard.

Mostly City Driving. I have putting in Premium 98 RON in the past two fillups. Not driving hard at all...

howy
23-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeh same, i've been using ultimate coz BP is pretty close to me. But I might change to another to see if there's any difference.

I've heard that some 98's are better than others...

I did remember also reading somewhere that rainy conditions tend to increase fuel consumption, not sure if it's true though.

aaronng
23-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the quick reply. It's on it's 3rd tank.

When you say 1/3 tank and 250km, you can't tell how much petrol is still in your tank. You have to fill it up to the top til the pump stops, drive a few hundred kms, then fill back up to the top again. Divide the number of litres by the distance you travelled to get your fuel consumption.

Shimian
23-06-2008, 12:45 PM
i find first third goes really slowly. Then after half way, it drops quicker so dont expect to see 3X the km

edmbranch
23-06-2008, 12:55 PM
nar.. don't think u'd have to worry, during the first few thousand km's, the engine parts need to wear out a bit off.. it's just the cylinders are still tight and causes a lot more friction until ur odo hits at least 4k/5k kms..

triode12
23-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Ok thanks guys.

Also, does your FD2s allow through a lot of road/tyre noise?
I've had mine coated on the bottom with deadner but yet, it is rather noisy on the certains types of roads. Is this normal?

I'm not expecting Lexus type silence but even my Dad's Corolla sounds quieter than the FD2....:(

Could it be due to the 17 inch tyres?

aaronng
23-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Ok thanks guys.

I've had mine coated on the bottom with deadner but yet, it is rather noisy on the certains types of roads. Is this normal?

I'm not expecting Lexus type silence but even my Dad's Corolla sounds quieter than the FD2....:(

Probably noisy due to the brand and model of the tyres.

howy
23-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Ok thanks guys.

and definitely on different type of roads...

On the new ones, it's like really quiet. For normal roads it is noisy but a lot quieter than my friend's corolla.

I'm on stock 15" alloys.

triode12
24-06-2008, 08:26 AM
and definitely on different type of roads...

On the new ones, it's like really quiet. For normal roads it is noisy but a lot quieter than my friend's corolla.

I'm on stock 15" alloys.

Thanks howy.

But aren't the 15" tyres not as hard as the 17"ers - having more rubber? Hence producing less noise?

DR HONDA
24-06-2008, 09:33 AM
You can not measure fuel consumption accuretely until at least 5 - 10000km.

triode12
24-06-2008, 09:44 AM
You can not measure fuel consumption accuretely until at least 5 - 10000km.

Thanks Dr Honda!
That is a relief. I think I'll stick to unleaded for now till the engine wears in. No point wasting money unnecessarily till then.

I was doubting my choice of vehicle the past few weeks. Wondering if I should have got the Prius instead...seeing how much fuel prices have risen.

But I love my FD2. :)

edmbranch
24-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Fd2 Ftw

howy
24-06-2008, 04:59 PM
It really depends on the tyre itself and the treads.

Not sure if size really affects it that much.

Probably better you wait like what Dr Honda said.

If it is still that bad then maybe get the dealer to check it out in one of your services?