PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Civic Sports

winnieboy
23-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey All,

Only found this forum today. Just a quick history about myself. I grew up in Syd part of a Chinese fam. Had a cousin who bought a Civic VTIR back in the day and instantly fell in love with the Civic. 23 this year and finally paid for my 2008 Civic Sport. Now you might kinda think I'm a bit of a noob, but I don't know what kind of mods to start off with. What I wanna know is what kind of modifications I can make to the vehicle. I used to drive a family car and a stock standard MR2 which was passed off to me but I got rid of it years ago. I've never modified a car and don't wanna overdo it. So can some of you nice folks tell me how much I should be spending and on what parts. I know there's visual mods, but what performance mods are there and what do they do? Thanks for your time guys and girls.

danjoy25
23-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Just a word of warning. Any mods you do in the engine will/void warranty.

I would start off with this.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60656 and maybe a complete exhaust system. Pretty sure JDMyard can also source you a good name brand.

winnieboy
23-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Just a question...

So seeing as performance mods will void the warranty on the actual engine etc warranty of the car, will adding a bodykit etc void the warranty as well? I tried reading a few posts on the forums but they don't actually quite answer this question. As well as that, is there an actual vody difference between the VTI's and Sports models? As well as this, where are some good sites for body kits, preferrably some in Brisbane. Thanks for the help guys and girls.

danjoy25
23-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Best to check with your dealer. I added a Modulo front lip myself on my car so pretty much everything on the front bumper if some problem arise might hunt me in the future as they might say warranty is voided but I couldn't care less :) Im more concern about the mechnical side of things. Someone here also posted that he had some rust problems on his sunroof and warranty for that was voided as he lowered his car and the chassis flexi increased which they claim led to creating the rust so it was his own expense to get it fix

markCivicVti
23-06-2008, 08:07 PM
No, body kits won't void your warranty... unless you have a insane GT spoiler and go 300km (not that the civic can do that) and get a dented boot from the down force.

All FDs here have the same chasis/body. The genuine FD2R is different in some aspects - not that you can get it here. For starters stick with the "safe" mods. Body kits, rims, exhaust. The the low risk stuff like intake (SRI or CAI) etc.

winnieboy
24-06-2008, 01:46 AM
So Mark, I was wondering, how much are those kinda parts? Like for rims, bodykit etc?

edmbranch
24-06-2008, 10:22 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mugen-Style-BODY-KIT-LIP-KIT-HONDA-Civic-2006-06-FD_W0QQitemZ180255216193QQihZ008QQcategoryZ36605QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here ya go dude..
there was a cheaper one before.. someone might've bought it already..
complete lip kit mugen replica, (no mugen grill, spoiler) XD

edit: there it is http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2006-2007-HONDA-CIVIC-bodykit-Mugen-style_W0QQitemZ260254374443QQihZ016QQcategoryZ3660 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Omie
24-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Winnie, what kinda mods you should do first depend on what you want from your car. Then the quality of the mods you choose change the price. e.g. rims $400 - 2000. HID's $50 - 700 (rough estimates) so yeah it depends what you want your car to do or look like first.

danjoy25
24-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Make sure you sell you Sport rims here as alot of guy will pay over $1000 for a new set like I did, rather getting a trade in on a tyre place.

Zdster
24-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Check out the sticky posts in the noob forum that I wrote up. They will give you a good idea of some of the things you can change on your car.

Re: warranty. The warranty usually effects the component of the car you are changing. For example, if you change your wheels to very large ones and for some reason your suspension fails, if Honda can prove that the wheels caused the fault then they will void your warranty on the suspension fix.