PDA

View Full Version : resprays?

SCRAPN
18-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Anyone here know any good painters? i need a respray/ colour change... any recommendations? ideas on prices?

kwayzivietnamese
18-09-2004, 07:44 PM
depends buddy.
What car?
What colour?

SCRAPN
18-09-2004, 09:06 PM
civic coupe vti 96... engine bay and door jams too... a standard bmw colour.

Toby
18-09-2004, 09:39 PM
engine bay

Start taking your engine out then ;) much easier to just leave the engine bay :thumbsup:

kwayzivietnamese
18-09-2004, 10:18 PM
wot bmw colour u lookin at?
also wot colour is it now?
wanting in door jams and engine bay is quite big job bro...
my cuz owns a shop n i pretty sure i can get u a cheap quote...but thing is wot ur wanting is more then just the normal/avg slap of paint on....
How much u lookin at spending?

SiR JDM
19-09-2004, 08:30 PM
There are places u can get a full spray for around 1k..
Others you can get for 2-3-4k...

The difference is all about quality...
Some might not spray engine bay and boot .. some may..
I know for a fact the cheaper ones will not remove your windows and will just newspaper them, meaning if there is any leakage its not their fault because ur paying for the cheaper service.. its happened...
Some will only do minimal layers and will fake/peel over the years..
Also some will use non-OEM or original colours and wont match up paint correctly

Also depending on wat colour you want to go. Something flat like white/black etc will be cheaper, than a perl colour or a Chameleon

SCRAPN
19-09-2004, 10:28 PM
ok so maybe not engine bay but in the door jams and under the carpet you know... i want to do the laguna seca blue, as seen on the e46 bmw's... kwazyvietnamese, you think the person ur thinkin of can handle doin it? need a lil panel beating too... just ask if they can and how much... everything but engine bay...

fried
19-09-2004, 10:34 PM
pm madhatter on fastfours dude.

he VERY reputable.... very quality jobs... does a lot of custom jobs for autosalon cars etc, but also obviously does very good job on full respray in one color.

but obvioulsy will cost.

i think it'll be bout 4k plus maybe another 1-2 for engine and all gaps etc.

kwayzivietnamese
20-09-2004, 12:28 AM
ok so maybe not engine bay but in the door jams and under the carpet you know... i want to do the laguna seca blue, as seen on the e46 bmw's... kwazyvietnamese, you think the person ur thinkin of can handle doin it? need a lil panel beating too... just ask if they can and how much... everything but engine bay...

Yeah im sure he can handle it for under 4k, wiv a good job. Yeah he can panel beat for u as well. So u want under carpet inside..so u want the interior stripped and sprayed?

mytoycivic
20-09-2004, 09:10 AM
HS the interior floor as well?
thats a big jobby :Ps

SCRAPN
20-09-2004, 09:50 PM
yeah i know madhatters work he painted DREMPT nice work.... but for the prices he is asking now days i can go to places like panel one or f1 automotive who are the best workshops in sydney.... so yeah i dunno, alot of spraypainters overcharge something severe!

Coupe
21-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Why dont u ask ODOG man!!!!!!!!!!

He does a good job shady!!! hahhaha

SCRAPN
21-09-2004, 08:53 PM
ha ha tre... howz ur interior bro everythin in?

SCRAPN
21-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Why dont u ask ODOG man!!!!!!!!!!

He does a good job shady!!! hahhaha

already asked him... heads to far up his own ass... besides look at what happened last time he painted my car, flaked....