PDA

View Full Version : End of model bargaining and price drops

BiLL|z0r
24-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm looking at getting a new Jazz in the next few months. Since the new model is about to be released I thought I could use this to my advantage to get the "old" model much cheaper and some free extras (rear parking sensors mainly).

Are there any Honda staff here especially who could give me an idea of how much I can expect to get off the price.
I was thinking $18K driveaway for a GLi CVT with tank a full of fuel, rear parking sensors, mats and free loan cars during servicing. It's basically the same offer they have on at the moment but I want the fuel, sensors, free loaner, taxes and dealer delivery chucked in too. I don't need the roadside assist though as I have RACQ for that.

When I bought the Euro all I bargained for was tank of fuel, a couple hundred $$$ off and free loan car. I still paid dealer del, taxes etc. That was about 2-3mths before the 06 facelift model came out but didn't know that at the time.

Any tips and prices appreciated.

btw: anyone know what Honda charge for rear sensors?

zco
24-06-2008, 12:36 PM
better yet, wait till the new one gets released, and they'll have a better reason to sell it to you cheaper..

try and aim for a vtis upgrade :)

BiLL|z0r
24-06-2008, 02:16 PM
I will be definately waiting till the new model is actually released for the best deal. I think the VTiS is a bit too far stretched money wise. GLi is the likely choice but is if it's a real good deal I'll go a VTi. I'm only after a fuel saver for day to day town driving that's comfortable, reliable and decent space inside.

aaronng
24-06-2008, 02:23 PM
There is no "how much can I expect to get off the price". You decide how much you want to pay. Back in 2004, I wanted $33k driveaway for my Euro. I got $34k eventhough there wasn't an upgrade coming for the base model. Eventhough the Jazz is due for runout, if the dealer senses that he can gouge you for an extra 1k, they will do that. If the Jazz GLi CVT is currently $18k driveaway, I would ask for a starting of $15k driveaway. I'd also wait til the new model is officially announced (which hasn't happened yet).