PDA

View Full Version : Third Gear Fix

moons
24-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Anybody suffering the now infamous third gear issue should know that not only are Honda Australia aware of the problem, they have fixed the problem in at least one car - mine.

I had some issues with my dealer's service department - including the just as infamous, "could not fault," malarky on a number of delivery faults, so I decided to email Honda Australia directly. After some more whining and a month in a loan car, all delivery issues now seem to be sorted - Including the virulent door rust and the less common sub frame "clicking" issue.

While I don't have many specific details regarding the third gear fix that was applied, I was told that the parts were ordered from Japan and they took a week or so to come in. I was also told the parts replaced were the "third and fourth gear shift hub/syncros". The new parts were described to me as "upgraded."

I've had my car back for a few days now and so far so good. Third gear feels much better and there isn't even a hint of that annoying "double notch," when slotting her in.

Spicey
24-06-2008, 08:31 PM
What kind of car?

Its probably a double or triple cone synchro fix, that usually works

moons
24-06-2008, 08:33 PM
What kind of car?

Sorry - I Forgot this stupid board refuses to have a TYPE-R section. :thumbdwn:

Car = Type R FN2.

SuperSteve
24-06-2008, 08:50 PM
im thinking im having this problem with my 3rd gear and i have a jdm ep3. anyone know if i have the same gear box as the fn2 ??

aaronng
24-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Sorry - I Forgot this stupid board refuses to have a TYPE-R section. :thumbdwn:

Car = Type R FN2.

Just put your car model into your profile. :thumbsup:

moons
24-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Just put your car model into your profile. :thumbsup:

I will.. right after that Type R section goes up. :p

aaronng
24-06-2008, 09:26 PM
I will.. right after that Type R section goes up. :p

Then don't complain if people keep asking you what car do you have if you don't identify it in your future thread.

moons
24-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Then don't complain if people keep asking you what car do you have if you don't identify it in your future thread.

I don't recall complaining about that.

:wave: