PDA

View Full Version : anyone trading in their old euro for new

kam
25-06-2008, 01:10 AM
so is anyone thinking of/has done this ?

new accord/euro looks very nice

the v6 accord would be awesome

our mr stocky pocky euro is a bit dented and scratched up now - its a daily driving and gets parked in shopping centre carpaks - so trolleys come and bite it

wonder how much our 03 auto euro is worth trade in/private sale...not much im guessing. wonder if its even worth it. mite go for a test drive ey !

tarik
25-06-2008, 07:55 AM
so is anyone thinking of/has done this ?

Definitely not me :D

Just picked up my new (well, "old") Euro last night. Whilst waiting for paperwork etc, I also had a chance to test the new model.

I didn't look anything different to me in flesh compared to the photos. Very aggressive lines.

Boot is definitely an absolute shocker. Also, the boot opening (if you know what I mean) is definitely a lot smaller than the 08 model.

Few more pockets inside (neat one in the centre console next to the legs), but also the arm rest console only has one opening and it's also smaller on the inside.

I didn't try the sat-nav version, but it didn't look like the touch-screen to me on the display. I could be wrong...

Also, I saw comments here about the A pillar being smaller with more visibility: I didn't have a ruler to measure it, but I just didn't notice this at all (and I was looking for it).

Now the really contentious comment - it felt a bit more cramped inside for me than the 08. Maybe it's the sportier driving position, but I tried this in two different 09s they had there (std and lux) and I felt the same. It's really weird 'cos it's definitely a wider car...

I can't comment on the driving - it was 5pm traffic so...

My final comment/flamebait: it's a great competitor to Mazda 3 (definitely not Mazda 6)! :p

Crapdaz
25-06-2008, 07:56 AM
how many km's you got on it?
has it got much visible damage?

geekmonkey
25-06-2008, 09:00 AM
not me....i've got 2007 model...and to think that it will only valued at least 20k......emmmm....maybe next time

Type R Positive
25-06-2008, 09:35 AM
I pick up my CU2 beast today!!!

Anyways, if I still had my CL9, I'd wait for the turbo diesel, no doubt about it.
You will also get better bargaining power later on.....

enkay
25-06-2008, 09:44 AM
nah i like the tuning options of our euro atm =P
and im likely goin turbo next car round (well id like to hope so)
thou the knew one is starting to grow on me.
but still not as good lookin as the good ol 03-05 euro-r

aaronng
25-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm keeping mine til it goes to the scrap yard. My 04 has served me well, so I will keep using it.... Same with the scrapes and dents though. :(

kam
25-06-2008, 10:08 AM
My final comment/flamebait: it's a great competitor to Mazda 3 (definitely not Mazda 6)! :p

we already have an 06 mazda 3 :D

and why not the new mazda 6? i havent inspected it in person, but from the looks, it looks amazing. nothing like a 40k mazda - looks more like a 70k lexus to me !

and in regards to scratches and dents - nothing that a good cut and polish and pop out wont cure. actually thinking of getting one. the scratches are pretty minor, theres just a fair few of them

and our euro has fairly low K's for an 03 - less than 120,000 !!!

maybe just get a real nice cut n polish, and then lower with some rims. this is my parents car after all haha. but still comfy as

just waiting on exams to finish this friday, then im free to do all sorts of stuff ive been putting off !

Crapdaz
25-06-2008, 11:31 AM
hmmm damn everyone on this forum has large massive mileage.
Mine was one of the first euros 03 and i have only about 65xxxk, that must mean i don't drive much.

kam - I'd say you'd get under 20k

Pumped
25-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Thought about trading mine in for a new one, after thinking it through over the last few days i think id still want a bit more power then the euro offers
If it sells for a decent amount i'll let it go and look at a daily, or maybe even go for an evo 7 or 04 350z
Otherwise i dont mind keeping the CL9 :) shes served me well, and has under 30k kms on it :) (still a virgin lol)

kam
25-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Thought about trading mine in for a new one, after thinking it through over the last few days i think id still want a bit more power then the euro offers
If it sells for a decent amount i'll let it go and look at a daily, or maybe even go for an evo 7 or 04 350z
Otherwise i dont mind keeping the CL9 :) shes served me well, and has under 30k kms on it :) (still a virgin lol)

the accord has a v6...but im not too sure as to the differences between the accord and the accord euro ? is one just phyiscally bigger than the other

aaronng
25-06-2008, 01:29 PM
the accord has a v6...but im not too sure as to the differences between the accord and the accord euro ? is one just phyiscally bigger than the other

Physically bigger (Accord is bigger than the Commodore) and the styling + suspension.

kam
25-06-2008, 05:11 PM
ah i wish we got the acura TL-S here - basically a euro but with a 286bhp v6 ...just awesome !

aaronng
25-06-2008, 05:18 PM
ah i wish we got the acura TL-S here - basically a euro but with a 286bhp v6 ...just awesome !

According to the TSX guys who tried the TL, it felt a bit "boaty". Closest would probably be the Accord V6, if you close your eyes and don't compare looks. :p

IVTECS4
25-06-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm keeping my 05 Euro, because it has been a pretty good car - though the total k's on the clock is somewhat a bit low - 38+: that's because I don't drive much :p

Yep, it also got scratches and dents on the rear bumper and under the left headlight and on the left passenger side door. (Damn trolleys! Some people are irresponsible; just leaving em near park cars when the trolley bay is nearby!) :(

euro77
25-06-2008, 10:08 PM
I'll start thinking when the diesel variant comes in to our shore.

SPQR
25-06-2008, 10:14 PM

Not so. The TSX is based on the European/Japanese Accord (Euro in OZ and NZ). The TL is based on the American Accord that's why it's built to take the V6.

kam
26-06-2008, 01:19 PM
I'll start thinking when the diesel variant comes in to our shore.

diesals not all that. if you sit down and do all the calculations, it might only save you $150 a year. not worth the trouble.

Type R Positive
26-06-2008, 01:42 PM
diesals not all that. if you sit down and do all the calculations, it might only save you $150 a year. not worth the trouble.
Nah, they are all that. I flog my 3L 2.1 tonne Prado and still get under 11L/100kms. ;)

aaronng
26-06-2008, 01:47 PM

You need a better calculator... or do you do only 4000km a year? LOL

hisoka
26-06-2008, 02:17 PM
You need a better calculator... or do you do only 4000km a year? LOL

LOL i was thinking same thing, last night on today tonight program they worked it out to be way more, it was the equivalent of running a Mazda 6 and a hilux in the same family lol

tony1234
27-06-2008, 07:41 AM
I'll be keeping my 06 for another 2 yrs.I got an invite to drive the new Euro tomorrow,i'll post up my 1st.impressions.

Euro76
27-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I think I will keep my current Euro for another 2-4 years. Still drive like new and feel rock solid. It's not worth to trade for the new one.

Type R Positive
27-06-2008, 07:00 PM
I'll be keeping my 06 for another 2 yrs.I got an invite to drive the new Euro tomorrow,i'll post up my 1st.impressions.
Please do. It would be great for an unbiased opinion. Im biased, because I got the CU2. :)
Make sure you flog it! The harder you drive it, the more it rewards you. Try both the auto and manual, so you can spend more time in the car. ;)

Type R Positive
27-06-2008, 07:04 PM
I think I will keep my current Euro for another 2-4 years. Still drive like new and feel rock solid. It's not worth to trade for the new one. Yeah, If I had CL9, it would be hard to trade for basically the same car. It would be like trading an E46 320i for an E92 320i.

Euro76
28-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah, If I had CL9, it would be hard to trade for basically the same car. It would be like trading an E46 320i for an E92 320i.

Agreed. I hope my next car after CL9 Euro will be Lexus :cool: :thumbsup:

Type R Positive
28-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Agreed. I hope my next car after CL9 Euro will be Lexus :cool: :thumbsup:
I looked at the Lexus IS250. they start at $55k and go to $80k.
Too much $$$ for me. For that money, I would have got my Evo X.

Blitzen
28-06-2008, 11:47 PM
the CL9 is serving me very well too, a keeper for sure, I've got too much emo attachment to it :p

-first redline -first vtec -best steering -best handling -best interior and exterior finish of all the cars I've driven

also drove it to yr.12 formal, ah and my date, and many more girl friends took the passenger seat

good times, not that I did anything unusual in it :p

ig3o
29-06-2008, 02:15 AM
lol my opinion... the new CU2 is way too fancy =O... its nice tho.. but im sticking with my cl9 =)

Euro76
29-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I looked at the Lexus IS250. they start at $55k and go to $80k.
Too much $$$ for me. For that money, I would have got my Evo X.

It's a quick car :)
Love to have it but I am now more into comfortable driving. I feel fast cars are my thing in the past. That was why I went from Toyota Celica to CL9 Euro. IS250 is a very pleasant car to drive. I've test driven one before, this car offers pure comfortable driving and I love it every part of the car. Too bad not only the price was beyond my reach, but the back seat of IS250 is cramped. Euro CL9 is bigger. Maybe someday if I could get a Lexus I would get GS450h :cool:

aaronng
29-06-2008, 10:43 AM
It's a quick car :)
Love to have it but I am now more into comfortable driving. I feel fast cars are my thing in the past. That was why I went from Toyota Celica to CL9 Euro. IS250 is a very pleasant car to drive. I've test driven one before, this car offers pure comfortable driving and I love it every part of the car. Too bad not only the price was beyond my reach, but the back seat of IS250 is cramped. Euro CL9 is bigger. Maybe someday if I could get a Lexus I would get GS450h :cool:

GS450h is nice. In my opinion, IS250 is just a waste of money if you were going for that after the CL9.

albii
29-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Not trading but selling to buy the new model.

johnnyofhk
29-06-2008, 11:50 PM
i would get a R32 after my cl9 though~

LXRY
30-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Stick to the old model......drove one today (lxry model), same car if you ask me, just with a few changes.....some good points some bad.

Different lines (bodywise) me personally don't like it, prefer old design
civic dash (Yuk)
steering wheel too small
buttons are too small and spread out more not as easy to find and press as previous model(s)
someone made a mistake with the volume control and the tuning control (should be the other way around)
space saver in the lxry model (this to me is a cost saver as it is 18inch)
boot looks smaller
extra speaker in the middle of the parcel shelf hinders drivers view (not necassary)
has 10 speakers but sounds no different than the cl9 stereo
reverse sensors dont pick up gutters, good as a guide (too high on the bumper)
front passenger seat belt still knocks as you are driving lol
same heated seats
same sunroof
front seats feel flimsy around the shoulder area not the same as cl9.
front doors are not as heavy so gone are the days people slamming your doors, but bad if you get hit by a car :)
limited road view due to newer dash.....seat has too be adjusted higher than previous models
same rv mirror as previous lxry model
gears the same when you change gears (no difference)
softer leather, as for quality not sure if it's the same as the previous models, previous models have good quality leather
cruise control the same
feels slower but claiming more power, I'de have to question this ?

a few good points...
when reversing front passenger side mirrors dips low
memory seating for driver(s)
steering improved not as sensative due to wider track
paddle's for sports mode on steering wheel
Has strut brace.
hid washers dont spray on the bonnet anymore (they heard you Aaronng ;))
Reverse camera
Ipod adaptor
heated door mirrors
front sensors
not sure of any other good points

My opinion stick to old model, especially if you have 2006 and up models

avid
05-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Is it just me or can anyone else see that the Japs have totally screwed up the Euros previous refined good looks.Its lost that agile nimble stance.
Just took new Euro for a test drive while waiting for my Euro to be serviced.Not impressed at all.Wont be trading up to this model.I agree entirely with LXRY's findings except the steering which i found to be less responsive,very little feed back to the driver of the cars attitude and the road surface/conditions.Wondering too about early build quality.Have a look at the fit of the sill where it meets the front guard!!
But by far its least redeeming feature is that its just GOD AWFUL FUGLY .
Too bulky looking especially the front bumper overhang,particularly from side on.Its got a big fat arse and still a tiny boot area.The wide front Civic type flares lack class and refinement, i'm guessing the yanks will love it,but its not going to sell here like the previous model.
Even a couple of people from the dealership felt it wasn't as good looking as the earlier model,and that they had received similar comments already.
The wheels are boring,even the 18's look like some cheap wheel from Joe Blows Wheel & Tyre shop.Dont even start me on the looks of the optional wheels.
What is it with Honda,they do this every few years...bring out a winning design,then totally screw it up in the next major model change.I'm really disappointed,i was hoping to trade up at the end of the year,but i'll be looking else where for the first time in over 25 years.

Mike Star
05-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Drove CL2 Luxury Auto this morning. My impressions were:
- Looks ok but is quite bulky at both front and rear and seems to have lost the "sporty" look. Too many unresolved lines but looks better than the Mazda 6.
- Grille is better than the US TSX but is still pretty awful. The sports grille option looks better but is nothing special.
- OEM wheels look crap! Lux 18's look like cheap aftermarket wheels and the 17's on the standard look worse. I have been happy to live with MY06 CL9 Luxury standard wheels but couldn't live with any of the CL2 wheel options.
- Front seats were nice and I loved the P Leather. Feels very good indeed and the leather is softer to the touch than that in the CL9.
- Memory function on the driver's seat is good.
- There doesn't seem to be much if any increase in actual interior room. It looks bigger but doesn't feel it. The rear legroom seemed less if anything with the driver's seat set where I wanted it. I was surprised as was my 18 year old daughter.
- Steering wheel looks good but feels less so. Perhaps a little on the small side.
- Dash looks quite nice when you first step inside but the controls for stereo, air etc are too fiddly, just too many buttons and switches etc.
- Initial impressions are that you are definitely in an evolution of the CL9. You kind of feel "at home" if you know what I mean.
- Accura like satin metallic dash garnish looks classy and breaks up the black.
- Dials are very Civic like and that's a bit disappointing. Again a bit fussy for mine.
- MP3 input is great. Daughter loved it!
- Better outlets for rear air con.
- Boot is OK but access is via a smaller opening than on the CL9. This would make getting larger objects in quite difficult.
- Temporary spare is a real bummer on the Lux with 18"s. Not appropriate for our roads and driving distances IMO.

- Driving was generally good although it wasn't an overly long drive. I did get to give the car a bit of a decent run though through some bends and up a couple of reasonable hills. Power and torque felt good though not more responsive than the CL9 IMO. Probably accounted for by the extra weight and bulk.
- Steering was too light IMO and lacked feel. Also the wheel seemed to twitch in the hand as you steered round a bend.
- NVH was good and probably better than the CL9
- Despite the 10 speakers the stereo sounded much on the road the same as my 06 Lux.
- Saw the same fit and finish issue that someone else mentioned where the side skirt meets the front guard.
- The car looks much better with the OEM full body kit but it is quite expensive. There was one in the dealership for delivery and they took me to have a look. The fit is good and the front and I think also the rear skirts are entire bumper sections and not added to the standard.
- Braking was sure and steady and very responsive but then I have found this to be the case also with my CL9.

Overall I personally wouldn't spend money to change up from my CL9. Maybe if I had 100+ks on mine I'd think about it but with only 40ks it would be quite a large changeover for very little gain in features and I'd end up with a less balanced looking car to boot.

Maybe when the first upgrade comes it would be worth another look.

Cheers

skyflyer
05-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Is it just me or can anyone else see that the Japs have totally screwed up the Euros previous refined good looks.Its lost that agile nimble stance.
Just took new Euro for a test drive while waiting for my Euro to be serviced.Not impressed at all.Wont be trading up to this model.I agree entirely with LXRY's findings except the steering which i found to be less responsive,very little feed back to the driver of the cars attitude and the road surface/conditions.Wondering too about early build quality.Have a look at the fit of the sill where it meets the front guard!!
But by far its least redeeming feature is that its just GOD AWFUL FUGLY .
Too bulky looking especially the front bumper overhang,particularly from side on.Its got a big fat arse and still a tiny boot area.The wide front Civic type flares lack class and refinement, i'm guessing the yanks will love it,but its not going to sell here like the previous model.
Even a couple of people from the dealership felt it wasn't as good looking as the earlier model,and that they had received similar comments already.
The wheels are boring,even the 18's look like some cheap wheel from Joe Blows Wheel & Tyre shop.Dont even start me on the looks of the optional wheels.
What is it with Honda,they do this every few years...bring out a winning design,then totally screw it up in the next major model change.I'm really disappointed,i was hoping to trade up at the end of the year,but i'll be looking else where for the first time in over 25 years.

This is in response to avid's post. I think I agree that the size of new Euro has grown significantly... for comparison sake, look at the pictures below (CD Accord put against new Euro/TSX side by side) - specially look at the front end lol (the new Euro looks kinda big):

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/plng777/DSC01482.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/plng777/DSC01484.jpg

[Courtesy of HS and SiRcd5.]

tanalasta
05-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Also drove the CL2 luxury.

18" michelin are a nice improvement from the 17" potenza's and the road noise was much improved on the previous model.

Fabric on the standard Euro is worse than the old model, looks and feels cheaper but according to the dealer is harder wearing.
Memory function is an appreciated add-on on the luxury as are the parking sensors.

Rear-leg room is no better than the old car and still cramped at the knees. Okay for children but not for long drives or tall adults. Front room is improved with wider seats and plenty of leg-room. The Civic-like steering wheel is light and responsive but I am used to (and prefer) the old Euro.
Don't like the buttons, ergonomics of the steering wheel buttons and the dash / dials. It looks too cluttered.

Boot is horrible. I can forgive a space-saver with 18" rims. But it is uneven and looks smaller and less usable than the old Euro which is unforgivable in a larger car.

MP3 inputs and CD-deck are appreciated and it should have been included in the old Euro's years ago! Glove-box vents are a gimmick and keeps things nether cool nor hot enough to be of much use.

Driving: Suspension slightly more compliant and more refined. Less jarred and stiff over bumps and definitely a smoother ride although still well tuned and balanced for fast cornering. Power feels less than the old-model and it reminded me more of the American Accord than the old-CL9 Euro. The touted 10 speaker stereo sounded nice but wasn't exceptional. Fit and finish is worse than the old CL9 and I spotted several interior trim panels that didn't line up.

Braking was inferior to the old model - less grip and bite and the front nose dived when I stepped hard on the brake.

It's a good drive and good value for money. But apart from the cosmetic changes and small amenity improvements (e.g. MP3, heated vents, memory seats) IMHO not worth upgrading the old model for.

aaronng
05-07-2008, 02:25 PM
This is in response to avid's post. I think I agree that the size of new Euro has grown significantly... for comparison sake, look at the pictures below (CD Accord put against new Euro/TSX side by side) - specially look at the front end lol (the new Euro looks kinda big):

[IMG]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/plng777/DSC01482.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/plng777/DSC01484.jpg[IMG]

[Courtesy of HS and SiRcd5.]
Disagree. It is more of the angle of the shots. Take shots from the other side with the CD accord in front. I have a CD4 and the interior space is bigger than the CL9 Euro, and the car is slightly wider too. THe CD4 has a bigger boot, more leg room both at the front and at the rear. The CL9 is taller, that's it.

tony1234
05-07-2008, 05:07 PM
The TSX grille looks sooooooooo ugly.I wouldn't buy that car just of the look of the grille alone:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Type R Positive
05-07-2008, 09:14 PM
- Looks ok but is quite bulky at both front and rear and seems to have lost the "sporty" look. Too many unresolved lines but looks better than the Mazda 6.
I parked next to a new Mazda 6 sedan today.

If you don't like looks of the new Euro, you'll absolutely hate the Mazda 6!
It looked so limp wristed against the euro...

Mazda 6... UGLY!

Type R Positive
05-07-2008, 09:26 PM
My old euro:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/NT450/My%20CU2%20Accord%20Euro/old-euro.jpg

My new euro:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/NT450/My%20CU2%20Accord%20Euro/My-CU2-Euro-1.jpg

Type R Positive
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
- OEM wheels look crap! Lux 18's look like cheap aftermarket wheels and the 17's on the standard look worse. I have been happy to live with MY06 CL9 Luxury standard wheels but couldn't live with any of the CL2 wheel options.Yeah. I had a good look at the Lux's 18's today. Although better than my base's 17's, they still suck.
My old CL9's 16's sucked the most.

Im going to try and convince the missus that a set 19's are the go! :thumbsup:

Type R Positive
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
The TSX grille looks sooooooooo ugly.I wouldn't buy that car just of the look of the grille alone:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:
And they recon our grill sucks.... :zip:

Type R Positive
05-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Braking was inferior to the old model - less grip and bite and the front nose dived when I stepped hard on the brake.
There are very few things I don't like about my CU2, but the thing I hate about it most would be the brakes.

Yeah, they lack initial bite. But stand on them hard and they pull you up in a big hurry! I haven't had ABS kick in yet, which has really impressed me. Or at least I haven't felt that ABS shudder. I think they have definately tuned the brake force distribution and brake assist to be very smooth. It pulls up nice and straight. Pitty you have to really stand on it to do it though. I wonder if it can be adjusted? Complaints of the CL9 were that they were too grabby (I loved my CL9's brakes by the way).

I'll be getting new pads when they become available. EBC green stuff?

tony1234
05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
There are very few things I don't like about my CU2, but the thing I hate about it most would be the brakes.

Yeah, they lack initial bite. But stand on them hard and they pull you up in a big hurry! I haven't had ABS kick in yet, which has really impressed me. Or at least I haven't felt that ABS shudder. I think they have definately tuned the brake force distribution and brake assist to be very smooth. It pulls up nice and straight. Pitty you have to really stand on it to do it though. I wonder if it can be adjusted? Complaints of the CL9 were that they were too grabby (I loved my CL9's brakes by the way).

Yeah,some decent pads will improve the pedal feel and pad bite.I've got Delphi pads rated to 500c.Nice pedal feel and pull you up in a hurry.:thumbsup:Get Endless instead of EBC.I've heard they're hard on rotors.

Type R Positive
05-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah,some decent pads will improve the pedal feel and pad bite.I've got Delphi pads rated to 500c.Nice pedal feel and pull you up in a hurry.:thumbsup:Get Endless instead of EBC.I've heard they're hard on rotors.
We will have to wait and see what becomes available.
Endless FTW!!! (can cost some big $$$ though)
CU2 got grandma spec pads standard! Well it does fit in with the whole car's 'smoothness'.
Seems like a waste of the bigger brakes to me.

aaronng
05-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Skip EBC green. They chew through rotors. Go for Endless SSY/SSS or Project Mu BSpec/NR.

Euro08Jaz
06-07-2008, 03:47 AM
the cu2 is absolutely gorgeous, with the sports kit its a stunner but the lack of change in engine technology doesn't justify upgrading just yet for me.

id probably wait and see what the new generations of engine look like when petrols 2.50

lol but no denying i get jealous seeing the new euro around awesome car. has enough to make me want it but not enough to justify it.

EuroBro
06-07-2008, 07:43 AM
I traded my 06 Lux Euro 6MT for a 08 Accord V6-L. Much better luxury car for the growing family. More power comes in handly when car is loaded with ppl. FC is up 2L from 9L to 11L per 100 clicks.

I had a look at the CU2. IMO the CL9 has better interior build quality but the CU9 looks more stylish on the outside.

SPQR
06-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Skip EBC green. They chew through rotors. Go for Endless SSY/SSS or Project Mu BSpec/NR.

"Mu" (not pronounced "mew"; more like, but not quite, "moo") being the letter of the Greek Alphabet "μ" selected by science to represent the coefficient of friction. Quite apt for brake pads!

skyflyer
06-07-2008, 08:49 PM
"Mu" (not pronounced "mew"; more like, but not quite, "moo") being the letter of the Greek Alphabet "μ" selected by science to represent the coefficient of friction. Quite apt for brake pads!

LOL to me it really doesn't matter how they pronounce it as long as I know what they're trying to say. Same applies to us pronounce the word "new" as nyoo as opposed to some Americans pronounce it as noo lol... anyway ;)

Mike Star
07-07-2008, 01:57 AM
LOL to me it really doesn't matter how they pronounce it as long as I know what they're trying to say. Same applies to us pronounce the word "new" as nyoo as opposed to some Americans pronounce it as noo lol... anyway ;)

Couldn't agree more............ :eek:

Type R Positive
07-07-2008, 02:06 AM
Cheers for the tip! :cool:

I just have to play the waiting game. There's aftermarket parts available for CU2 yet. Just have to wait for the Yanks to see what fits!

Type R Positive
07-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Yeah,some decent pads will improve the pedal feel and pad bite.I've got Delphi pads rated to 500c.Nice pedal feel and pull you up in a hurry.:thumbsup:Get Endless instead of EBC.I've heard they're hard on rotors.Cheers Tony, I guess that's 2 strikes for EBC!!!

BiLL|z0r
07-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I was at a Honda dealer today and whilst waiting around I sat in a Std and Lux CU2. I must say they are very nice inside and out IMHO. The material for the seats seems nicer in the Std model (but it was new and mine is 3yr old).
I had a look in the boot though and OMFG what a stupid design and waste of space. The spare (full size 17" for Std) sits about 1-2inches above the rest of the floor with the tools in a cheap tray sitting on top of the tyre.

Type R Positive
07-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I was at a Honda dealer today and whilst waiting around I sat in a Std and Lux CU2. I must say they are very nice inside and out IMHO. The material for the seats seems nicer in the Std model (but it was new and mine is 3yr old).
I had a look in the boot though and OMFG what a stupid design and waste of space. The spare (full size 17" for Std) sits about 1-2inches above the rest of the floor with the tools in a cheap tray sitting on top of the tyre.
Yeah, they dropped the ball on the boot design! I think it is because the body is lowered on the chassis. By the looks of it, I think our CU2 base model was supposed to get a space saver as well.

The fabric in my CU2 is high quality, and should stand the test of time.

The X Man
07-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Edit - found a new model Euro... Need to decide between new Euro Standard or CL9 Luxury with Sat Nav.. The latter being $3.5K more.

aaronng
07-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Type R Positive, is your new Euro a standard or luxury model?

Standard since he says he has fabric.

Type R Positive
07-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Edit - found a new model Euro... Need to decide between new Euro Standard or CL9 Luxury with Sat Nav.. The latter being $3.5K more.
Yep, I got standard.

I could never bring myself to buy a CL9 when CU2's are out. I had a CL9, I know they are great, but the CU2 is heaps better IMO. But there is more than enough info here to help you make your decission.

My $500 Garmin does a great job when I need it, btw. ;)

SPQR
08-07-2008, 12:39 AM

I was trying to point out how aptly named "Project Mu" brake pads are given that "Mu" (μ) is the scientific unit for the Coefficient of Friction. The lesson on pronunciation was just a bonus (lol).

Mike Star
08-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Geeeeeeezzzzzzeee!!

Eurotony
13-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Been offered 18k for an 04 luxury auto with 133k on it on a CU2 luxury with nav.

I think the new Euro is a great step forward & will probably sign on the line this week:thumbsup: