PDA

View Full Version : Check engine light after vtec

Abs
25-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Hey guys,
Im not the type of person to completely trash my engine everyday but ive been told its not a good thing to never go into vtec. So every so often i vtec it. The last time i did it, the check engine light poped up. The car still ran fine, no odd noises, nothing looks wrong from the exterior. When i turn the car off and then back on the light goes away. But the next time i vtec it, pop there it is again.

has this happened to anyone before and does anyone have any ideas wat it could be?

barefootbonzai
25-06-2008, 08:40 AM
could be a number of things man. when the light comes on next time you should do the jumper ECU test and see what code it's throwing.

Does vtec still work after the light comes on?

ECU-MAN
25-06-2008, 09:12 AM
check your ECU for codes, then test the circuit for any code that may appear

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67113

Rivic
25-06-2008, 06:19 PM
does the light come on even not hitting tec?

Abs
25-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I havnt tried to vtec it while the light is on, but vtec stil works after i turn the car off and then back on.

The car runs fine, no check engine light unlesss i vtec it..

Thanks for replies guys

[JDM DC2]
25-06-2008, 08:56 PM
as said above next time the light comes on, check ur ecu for codes. If it shows code 22 then it is your vtec oil pressure switch which is a somewhat common problem

TECDUP
25-06-2008, 11:11 PM
My "guess" is that you are low on oil...

because your giving your car stick you may not realise your oil light come on, as the engine revs harder the check engine light comes on and your rev limiter drops to 7k

happened to me and i didnt see it coming...usually i change oil on a regular basis but tried Motul it burnt to fast and the above happened.

as said above definately check your ecu codes but look into this if you have no luck...keep us updated, hope it all goes well