PDA

View Full Version : Civic Sport performance upgrades

notsportyenough
25-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Hello there, my fellow Honda owners/enthusiasts!

I currently own a 2006 Civic Sport. Now, I'm not so silly as to think that this is a 'sports car' (I dream of an S2000 or a JDM Civic Type R), but I do know that it is the best Honda that I can currently afford and that I have driven all other equivalents from Mazda, Toyota, Nissan, etc and that I drastically prefer the V-Tech experience to anything else.

However, I would like to know if there is anything that I can do to my Civic Sport that will make a decent amount of difference to performance on the road.

Obviously, the car is still under warranty and so I don't want to mess with that.

Also, I am a natural aspiration enthusiast. So, I'm not interested in supercharging or turbo-ing. The devils work!

Can anyone help me with with advice about possible upgrades for my car, such as exhausts and chips? As you can probably all tell, I'm not much of an expert at tuning. I love driving, but I'm not at all clued-up on what makes a car go well.

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks, guys!

sKy.xD
25-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Well lets just say any mod that you wish will effect parts of your warranty. If your okay with that then do as you wish lol!

viperx
25-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Nothing, as I understand from the warranty statement... certainly not chipping, which is the only thing that might do something reasonable for performance, short of something major.

notsportyenough
25-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Okay, sKy.xD.

I've heard that engine chips are not detected during scheduled service. Also, I assume that an exhaust system can be easily removed, if the car needs to be looked at by a Honda dealer. That is what I meant by 'not messing with the warranty'.

Anyway, what would you suggest I can do? As I said before, I'm not clued-up on this stuff. So, I'm looking for advice. That's why I joined this forum.

Thanks.

notsportyenough
25-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi, viperx.

Thanks for your advice.

Maybe I've got it wrong about the warranty and I need to bite the bullet and do something anyway.

If so, what is your advice on chipping? Does it make any real difference to a low-tune 2 litre 4 cylinder v-tech? And what effect does it have on the reliability of the engine?

Sorry if I seem like a dunce...

Over to you! :)))))

danjoy25
25-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Just do exterior mods man. a mugen kit and abit of lowering will pretty your sports nicely.

MKI4EVA
26-06-2008, 08:46 AM
anyone got a link to a cheap K&N filter for the sports?