PDA

View Full Version : 2k4 civic vi - car giving off shuddering sensation

philBo
25-06-2008, 10:26 PM
hey dudes not quite the shivers, but more a shudder-like problem.

just wanted to ask to see if anyone might know whats wrong. but when my civic vi is stationary at the lights, i sometimes get a weird shuddering sensation where the car feels like it is about to stall or something. the thing is the idles dont drop or anything. anyone know what i can do to check what the cause is?

it doesnt happen all the time, but is quite frequent.

aaronng
25-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Is your A/C on? Could be the compressor kicking in.

ChineseBoi
25-06-2008, 11:36 PM
hmm i have the same car and i have the same problem as well, used to happen more often but lately the frequency of it happening has lessened

usually my A/C is off

panda[cRx]
26-06-2008, 12:22 AM
how bad is it?
if its not that bad it could just be the LEV doin it's thing. basically keeps cycling lower to get the idle as low as possible

philBo
26-06-2008, 08:40 AM

aaron, the a/c was off. it was one of the things i checked first actually, but given the cold weather lately it was unlikely to have been on.

;1776699']how bad is it?
if its not that bad it could just be the LEV doin it's thing. basically keeps cycling lower to get the idle as low as possible

it kind of shudders/jerks as if car was stalling kind thing. if i stayed stationary at the lights for say 10 seconds, it would go for all of that period. not sure about the LEV aspect, as it has never really happened to me until recently. mum drives the vi now and she told me about it recently.

aaronng
26-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Check the IACV and clean it if required?

p3p5y
26-06-2008, 04:29 PM
A quick google of IACV would return this IACV cleaning guide:
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=1174

vtecdreamer
27-07-2008, 08:00 PM
hey dude just wanted to say same problem with my one, i got my spark plugs changed and it fixed the problem but from now wen driving dont high rev the car lol the car cant handle being thrashed lol

mrwillz
28-07-2008, 10:12 AM

turn off aircon and 'vtec' will kick in