PDA

View Full Version : Battery problem

VT1-R
26-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi guys

I been having problem starting my car esp after not driving for a few days..(4days).. but if i drive it everyday, i still starts ok.. but have signs of difficulty to start.. as in the engine doesnt "roar" as loud when i switch it on.. it sort of coughs its way through..

RAC came once and told mi to jump start and try once more..if it flats out again.. change the battery..

so i wanna find out if its becoz of the wiring connecting the battery failed? or prob jus change the battery? how do i find out if wiring is not gd?

thanks

EG30
26-06-2008, 07:52 PM
most likely battery dying with age with one of its cells dead or close to dead.

I would load test the battery b4 speculating any wiring faults, any battery outlet, auto electrician and good mechanic would have a battery load tester to verify the condition of your batt.

v__
26-06-2008, 08:23 PM
this wat happen to me too. but i work at kmart tyre auto service. and we got this battery tester thing. to check how much percentage or life or watevva it has left.

pretty much alot of ppl come and complaining why there car isnt starting properly. its usualy the battery not the wiring connector as u were saying.

after 4 days without driving. ur engine is cold. u need to atleast start it up let it run for abit.

just take ur car up to the local kmart tyre auto service. and ask to check ur battery. and they will tell u . percentage of ur battery.

aiit im only aprentice but i think inoe abit. but EG30 is pretty much said wat i said. lol.

anyways peace out. hope u find out wats going on.

vii

baeshin
26-06-2008, 08:38 PM
if youve had the battery for more then 3yrs.. its time to get a new battery

batteries are designed to last around 3yrs.. anything more is a bonus

VT1-R
26-06-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah.. i had the battery test out.. its running low.. i getting it replaced right about now.. haha.. RAC on the way.. i got roadside assistance so fitted free with warranty..

Cheers every1!!!

civ04
27-06-2008, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=v__;1778058]this wat happen to me too. but i work at kmart tyre auto service. and we got this battery tester thing. to check how much percentage or life or watevva it has left.

pretty much alot of ppl come and complaining why there car isnt starting properly. its usualy the battery not the wiring connector as u were saying.

after 4 days without driving. ur engine is cold. u need to atleast start it up let it run for abit.

just take ur car up to the local kmart tyre auto service. and ask to check ur battery. and they will tell u . percentage of ur battery.

aiit im only aprentice but i think inoe abit. but EG30 is pretty much said wat i said. lol.

you lil pimp daddy,you hanal yo biniss playa.vg sikvic haha.:p
anyways peace out.