PDA

View Full Version : Request: DIY Repainting section of Rear bar

Moya
26-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi,

Some chick ran into the back of me. Anywho, she gave me the money and it's on my todo list to get the whole car resprayed. However, I don't think I'll do this for a while, maybe 6-8 months. So the $300 from this will go towards the cost of the full respray.

It's just a small section of the rear bar. About 100mm x 250mm where the paint has peeled and cracked due to the impact. There's NO panel damage at all, just the cracked paint.

Doesn't need to be a pro job, just so it's not really noticable and doesn't look like shit. At the moment that part is all grey.

How do I patch up this bad boy at home? It's Milano Red. (FA8?? Can't remember the code but it's on the door). Can I just buy a spray can the same color?

Thanks!

Raztaz
26-06-2008, 05:14 PM
yea u can just spray but you might want to wet sand your bumper down first, spray a coat of primer, then a few coats of the red, clear coat it, wax. If you just try to spray that certain part might end up drying uneven compared to the rest of the bumper. Or you could get some touch up paint lol, might make it not so noticeable and wait it out till your full respray

Moya
26-06-2008, 05:20 PM
What size area can you use touch up paint? I thought it was only for small 2cm x 2cm areas.

Raztaz
26-06-2008, 05:23 PM
autobarn gives you touch up paint in a spray can + brush i think, i rkn that could cover 100mm. Still, if u have time, sanding it down and respraying the whole thing will give a better result.

finalazy
26-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Wouldnt patches come up afterwards if you try and touch up something that size

Raztaz
26-06-2008, 05:43 PM
yes lol, it wouldn look that nice but it would get rid of grey patch, hence why i said if he wanted/willing to wait it out till full respray time

rayb3na_
02-07-2008, 04:29 PM
^^^^^^^ wtf u on mate?!

RtN
03-07-2008, 12:27 PM
^^ Rofl What The F***k

Raztaz
03-07-2008, 11:00 PM
thats a spam acc for sure, i looked at one of the links lol, some chinese company making industrial equipment like boilers