PDA

View Full Version : f1 racing clutch

nick_sixx
26-06-2008, 07:06 PM
anoybody heard of them? they're pretty cheap on ebay. somebody made reference to them somewhere but couldnt find it because 2 letters (f1) is too short to search. thanks

thaizeg
26-06-2008, 07:30 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92336&highlight=clutch&page=2
i believe its this thread u were after?
was lookin into them myself... would like to see more reviews/feedback for different clutches from the US..

nick_sixx
26-06-2008, 08:02 PM
thats the one. thanks. given the price i might try out the f1 stage 4 clutch. next question is: lightened flywheels? any input?

dsp26
26-06-2008, 09:07 PM
thats the one. thanks. given the price i might try out the f1 stage 4 clutch. next question is: lightened flywheels? any input?

you obviously drive a daily driver.. DO NOT get the stage 4... it's unsprung, no friction point... you will either stall it or do a burnout everytime.

SeverAMV
27-06-2008, 03:54 PM
think about which gear you use the most, and choose the clutch that can handle the torque for that. i chose an xtr ebay clutch rated at 250nm of torque, but it slipped my mind at the time that my first gear produces around 400nm of torque, so i get some annoying clutch slip in first and second gears (even with lightweight flywheel).

with the flywheel, think of what you use your car for more. if you're more about launches and drags, stick with an oem flywheel and shave it down to around 6-7kg, as it will be better for launches (which are half the game of a drag). but if you're more about circuit racing and mountain racing and in a situation where you stay in one gear for longer periods of time, get a lightweight flywheel. lightweight flywheels have less inertia which creates poor torque transfer upon launching and inbetween gearshifts. where a heavy flywheel can hang onto its momentum and maintain some torque during shifts, a lightweight flywheel will lose too much momentum and will bog down a little.

paps02
28-06-2008, 12:50 PM
email the seller and tell him what you are after from you car and he will give you feedback. he recommended me a stage 1 or 2