PDA

View Full Version : stiff gearbox on 08 vti

Omie
26-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey this is probably a really dumb question..
Being my first new car, i'm noticing my gearbox is kinda stiff mostly going into first and second.. is this because its a new car and has to be worn in a little bit? or is this a civic problem? or is this a my car only problem? any advice would be appreciated.
thanks

ej20i
28-06-2008, 08:53 PM
coz its shorter than any oda car..thats y..

aaronng
28-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Are you pressing the clutch in all the way?

hisoka
29-06-2008, 12:56 AM
man its 08 model, take it straight back to dealer and tell them what it do~

Omie
29-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Are you pressing the clutch in all the way?

Yeah i am, its to the point where sometimes when i put it in first it actually wont in first (you know how sometimes a car wont go in reverse and you just have to keep putting it in gear a few times before u feel its actually in gear) except i find that no matter how many times i try to put it in first it wont go unless i put it back to neutral and then repress the clutch and then put it back in first. but going into second from first and third is just really stiff.

Guess i'll just take it in and have them look at it

EGB18CT
29-06-2008, 09:58 AM
this happens to out 07 vtis jazz, same thing, i guess its normal and annoying, it goes fine after the car warms up, honda were like we will put a thinner gb fluid in the box, im like it doesnt seem like a fluid problem, if thats the case the clearances are all stuffed, plus i want the proper mtf used, anyway see how i go next service... mite try grease up the shifter box if it has one see if that helps.

bodaas
29-06-2008, 10:35 AM
nah its sound normal,,, you just paranoid

i know whats f*ark gearbox feels like, its not stiff

it wont go in first and second, thats gearbox problem looks like

you not sure, just bring back in to the dealership, have them check

aaronng
29-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah i am, its to the point where sometimes when i put it in first it actually wont in first (you know how sometimes a car wont go in reverse and you just have to keep putting it in gear a few times before u feel its actually in gear) except i find that no matter how many times i try to put it in first it wont go unless i put it back to neutral and then repress the clutch and then put it back in first. but going into second from first and third is just really stiff.

Guess i'll just take it in and have them look at it
The next time it doesn't want to go into first, try putting it into 4th and then back into 1st to see if it will go in. If it does, then it is fine, you just have bad luck that you get a tooth-on-tooth with the gear, plus the tolerances might be a little off on your gearbox.

bodaas
29-06-2008, 11:05 AM
better, go check to honda service cetre

let them check the gearbox oil

low oil level can make your gearbox stiff as well

aaronng
29-06-2008, 11:47 AM
better, go check to honda service cetre

let them check the gearbox oil

low oil level can make your gearbox stiff as well

Gearbox is sealed. The MTF level shouldn't change unless he has a leak.

Omie
29-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Thanks heaps guys, ill try what you said aarong.. but its almost time for my 1000k service so i'll check it with them to make sure all is okay