PDA

View Full Version : 06 euro ecu problems

Toycivic
27-06-2008, 01:19 PM
has any had or heard of ants eating the ecu, i know sounds dumb but my gf car has had that problem, was told that it problem for some euros. any info would be great.

EuroAccord13
27-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Ants eating the ECU in the Euro, if it's ants, it can happen to any car not just Euro, I've heard of ants chewing away cables for nesting purposes but definitely not the ECU....
Who told you that the ECU was eaten by ants? Got evidence from them?

Type R Positive
28-06-2008, 03:15 AM
has any had or heard of ants eating the ecu, i know sounds dumb but my gf car has had that problem, was told that it problem for some euros. any info would be great.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! :D

tony1234
28-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Ants eating the ECU!!WTF!Where does your gf live?

aaronng
28-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I noticed that ants preferred to eat the dead bugs off my bumper.... But I guess "to each his own" applies to ants too. Not the ECU's fault though. Shouldn't let ants get attracted into the car in the first place. So no sweets in the car, unless they are sugar-free.

Euro76
28-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Not ants but I think the ECU on your gf's Euro might be faulty. I guess you might take it to the Honda dealer. How do you know that ants eating ECU? Have you take a closer look and do you where the ECU is?

SPQR
28-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Ants got into the circuit breaker of my car's airconditioner last year. The result was no cool air but the local dealer's expert Honda mechanic (he's been there for more than twenty years!) was able to diagnose the problem instantly when I ask him. He's seen it all before. Apart from lots of rain, there are also lots of insects in the tropics.... Have I told you about the Giant Cockroaches of Winnellie? Be afraid. Be very afraid!

ammalem
24-04-2013, 09:33 PM
yes it is true it happened to me twice. there is a glue inside the ECU, which attracts ants.They ate part of it. I had to replace the ECU for$ 2,200 a week ago. the engine light came on yesterday. i took it to Honda dealer. they said they will replace the ECU out of goodwill provided that I fumigate the car by a certified pest controller.

Fredoops
26-04-2013, 01:26 PM
yes it is true it happened to me twice. there is a glue inside the ECU, which attracts ants.They ate part of it. I had to replace the ECU for$ 2,200 a week ago. the engine light came on yesterday. i took it to Honda dealer. they said they will replace the ECU out of goodwill provided that I fumigate the car by a certified pest controller.

BABHAAHAHAAAA You poor bastard

btw you can probably ga the ecu replaced with a wrecker one and all for under $400 if there were no wire damage.

Donnyb21
16-09-2013, 08:54 PM
This has happened to me, except I am an Odyssey owner. I am desparately trying to find out about this glue you mention. I have also found this to be the case in another write up. Is this a documented problem and can it be substantiated? Also very interested in what Honda dealer was able to give you good will because my local dealer fobbed me off big time.

TheSaint
17-09-2013, 03:22 PM
$2200? did you get a free bag of crack with it??

you can do the TSX ecu + hondata flashpro swap for $1500 and under -.-

rambohung
27-09-2013, 11:15 PM
I've got some ant problem as well. Car is always clean, no food or rubbish, but I couldn't locate where their nest is. Can someone suggest a good pest controller in Sydney to kill the colony on car (without damaging the plastic etc... in the car)?