PDA

View Full Version : How to install THIS particular AFPR..

dsp26
27-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi all,

Build starting very soon with only choice of camshafts left.

As part of the 'supporting' mods, going to install an AFPR.. I already have one but prefer this particular one as it retains the stock look as it's more of an add-on to the stocker anyway.

So question is, How do I install it over my stockers?

Do I:
- Just drill off the top of my stocker and install this
OR
- somehow remove/grind off the entire top cup that houses the srpings.

http://zitec.cz/shop/fuel/fpr/blox.jpg

CRXer
27-06-2008, 08:26 PM
wow,uve lost me,never seen an adaptor before,sounds awfully "leaky" to me,something id rather not be happening with my fuel system.

But anyway i'll be keen to see how this works,nice to hear the build is about to progress.

dsp26
27-06-2008, 08:33 PM
wow,uve lost me,never seen an adaptor before,sounds awfully "leaky" to me,something id rather not be happening with my fuel system.

But anyway i'll be keen to see how this works,nice to hear the build is about to progress.

thanks bro... it's "mild"... only reason is coz my waterpump died and used it as an excuse to build :p

this is what it's supposed to look like installed over the stockers:
http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/69/91/9c_1.JPG

CRXer
27-06-2008, 08:38 PM
yeah,like u said,it looks like u have to decouple the stock reg at the flange somehow & then clamp it with the 2 pieces of the adaptor reg.dont forget the o-ring;)

put some detailed pics up of how its done when u work it out,interested.

bennjamin
27-06-2008, 09:22 PM
it appears you take teh entire top side off , off the stock item.
then place the U piece on the opposite side , use the screws ti tighten and thats it.

CRXer
27-06-2008, 10:34 PM
hey ron,just lopped the top off my old reg with a grinder,out of interest & boredom,& thats basically all u have to do,just lop the very top off,just so u can get the spring in to seat on the diaphragm.
Dont go near the flange as this houses the diaphragm & u dont wanna go breaking that seal.

dsp26
27-06-2008, 11:26 PM
sweet!!!... so how do i go about removing this top part?

grind... pry with screwdriver? hammer it off? or "lop" as in just grind/cut the very top off?

CRXer
28-06-2008, 02:20 AM
ummm.....derrr jason.......i should of taken a pic before i threw it in the bin huh.

hope u like my massive paint skillz.

just cut it where shown(dotted line) with a small grinder or hacksaw right through & then u'll have access to just pull the old spring out & reseat the new one onto the diaphragm,then it just looks like it clamps up around the flange i guess.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/CRXer/h-1.jpg

e240
29-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Seriously, I'd buy a SARD or a complete set.
Anytime you have to modify and cut the FPR, if you do it incorrectly, you could damage the diaphram which could lead to leakages.

dsp26
29-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Seriously, I'd buy a SARD or a complete set.
Anytime you have to modify and cut the FPR, if you do it incorrectly, you could damage the diaphram which could lead to leakages.

true.. but i had already purchased it thinking it was a complete unit.. wanted a stock looking item as i remember for my emissions test afpr's = instant fail.

alas, i already have an adequate afpr that i don't plan to take beyond maybe 46psi anyway so i can't justify the sard units as good as they are.. if this works it works.. :p

dsp26
10-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey Jason, parts arrived will let you know how the install goes.

I actually ordered the Vision Motorworks variant and quality of cut and material looks excellent.

Will attempt install tonight.

tekung89
10-07-2008, 09:33 AM
that looks pretty good, wouldnt have a clue how to install it. does it have a gauge to show how much psi there is ?

dsp26
10-07-2008, 10:06 AM
that looks pretty good, wouldnt have a clue how to install it. does it have a gauge to show how much psi there is ?

came with an external gauge that you mount on top of the fuel filter.. it comes with a mounting bolt that replaces the bolt holding the banjo joint to the filter

beeza
10-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Here's DIY on it,pretty sure it's the same deal:
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57662&highlight=install

kerim
10-07-2008, 11:16 AM
this link shows how to do it aswell
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/adjustablefpr/adjustablefpr.php

dsp26
10-07-2008, 12:54 PM
thanks fellas... seems i should more research outside of ozhonda too :p and bless you "d-series" peepz too hehe.

repped kerim but sorry beeza.. gave you one recently

***EDIT***

good thing too... i would've angle grinded through the whole thing.. but then again the kit came with a replacement spring, but i'll see what the spring rates are on both as i don't want my rising rate affected.. may use the stock one instead.

oh and i never even considered the locktite idea for the bolts.. stupid me

beeza
10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Got da rep.Thank U!
Yeah I remember the guys on d-series were putting these into thier cars.No issues!

dsp26
10-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Got da rep.Thank U!
Yeah I remember the guys on d-series were putting these into thier cars.No issues!

thats awesome.. gonna search their forum a bit later tonight to suss out any leak issues, etc...

CRXer
10-07-2008, 06:37 PM
its a linear rate afpr isnt it? just use the new spring,vac leaks shouldnt be too hard to deal with.

dsp26
10-07-2008, 07:07 PM
its a linear rate afpr isnt it? just use the new spring,vac leaks shouldnt be too hard to deal with.

yep your right.. tis linear.

it's done now... gonna install it now and listen for leaks and check the gauge for fluctuations with vac on... pretty confident i sealed it good,