PDA

View Full Version : Rattlebuster!!!

unity
27-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi, was wondering if anyone has used a product called rattlebuster or know of an equivalent program?
It is supposed to be a tool specifically designed for locating annoying
rattles and noises in cars without having to drive.

See the following links for more information:
www.responsesource.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=iiXAQ
and
www.rattlebuster.com

Can anyone see any problem using such a product on the car?

Darkii_
27-06-2008, 11:26 PM
rofl looks and sounds a bit dodgy too me, another waste of money?

EKVTIR-T
27-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Just a test tone/audio sweep cd

Helps locate your rattles..

tony1234
28-06-2008, 08:06 AM
If you have a lot of rattles and they're proving difficult to find i suppose approx.$30 is worth a try.

aaronng
28-06-2008, 10:13 AM
If you have a lot of rattles and they're proving difficult to find i suppose approx.$30 is worth a try.

It's similar to the test audio CD that Ronald had.

unity
28-06-2008, 11:08 AM
I might give it a try and let you all know how it goes. If I manage to locate my rattles and solve them then I would be happy to pass it on to some one else to use. Stay tuned.

tron07
30-06-2008, 09:54 AM
RattleBuster takes the form of an audio CD comprised of five “Vibration Simulating Power-Tones” (each four minutes in length) developed in a professional studio and comes complete with an easy to follow instruction manual.

Each tone mimics a different type of road vibration and is played in a stationary car with its engine off avoiding the traditional ‘Drive and try and stay alive’ approach.

The driver is then free to move around the vehicle enabling them to listen for and pin-point the rattle, vibration or dashboard buzz.

By adjusting the bass, volume and fade controls on your cars CD player, you are able to alter the exact amount of vibration generated, enabling many vibrations to be induced and located.

I still have some new Bass Mekanik tuning and SPL CDs with test tones which can do the same thing... If you are interested, PM me for details and prices.

Zimp13
30-06-2008, 11:22 AM
so how to fix the rattle once the rattling has been located????

unity
30-06-2008, 02:07 PM
so how to fix the rattle once the rattling has been located????

Well I am going to ask Honda to fix it. My first rattle from the front passanger door was only audible when I was sitting in the passenger seat. Honda replaced the door trims. Now, its worse than before because I can now hear it from the drivers seat.

aaronng
30-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Well I am going to ask Honda to fix it. My first rattle from the front passanger door was only audible when I was sitting in the passenger seat. Honda replaced the door trims. Now, its worse than before because I can now hear it from the drivers seat.

Put your hand on the power window switch panel and see if it stops the rattle. :)

unity
30-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Put your hand on the power window switch panel and see if it stops the rattle. :)

That does not work. If I hold the door arm rest it stops the noise. My Honda dealer seems very friendly and competent. I am sure they will fix it for me. But if I am able to mimic those vibrations through the playing of the CD it will obviously help me exactly pin point the cause.

aaronng
30-06-2008, 03:54 PM
That does not work. If I hold the door arm rest it stops the noise. My Honda dealer seems very friendly and competent. I am sure they will fix it for me. But if I am able to mimic those vibrations through the playing of the CD it will obviously help me exactly pin point the cause.

Try opening the window a notch. If the noise goes away, then it is the window pushing the trim away from the door panel, causing rattling.

unity
30-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Try opening the window a notch. If the noise goes away, then it is the window pushing the trim away from the door panel, causing rattling.

Tried that too. Still makes noise. It happens on some roads and not others. Can hear it at any speed too. I'll let you know what the fix is when it gets fixed.

LXRY
30-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Tried that too. Still makes noise. It happens on some roads and not others. Can hear it at any speed too. I'll let you know what the fix is when it gets fixed.

I've located 2 rattles from using test/sweep cd's in my doors....aaronng has also help me fix rattles from my power window switches too (thanks aaronng ;) ). I've uploaded some test/sweep cd's very easy to use and effective aswell, here is the link (FOR FREE)......

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89587

Try 'em out believe me it works.....:thumbsup:

Sound rebounds around the cabin easily so be aware it could be coming from anywhere e.g last time I thought rattle was coming from dash area was the sunroof, and also my sunglasses too (I dont store my sunglasses in the holder anymore)

Good luck.

unity
30-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey, thanks so much LXRY. I appreciate that so much. Tron07 also had some CD's on offer but because these are free I'll give these a try first. I'll let you know how I go. Thanks again. Sorry tron 07.

tron07
01-07-2008, 08:41 AM
No problem... you can try the test tone from generators if you like.