PDA

View Full Version : 6 months old Civic got smashed!

civic_07
28-06-2008, 05:32 PM
That's it guys, hate to say this but I think the new Civic is cursed :zip:. Mine just got smashed today near my house.

- to make it short, left my house around noon today, near the shopping centre, I was going straight around 50km, cars were behind and in front of me, got to the intersection with both STOP signs on left and rite. The car in front got thru but when I was alsmost half way thru, one black BMW on the right just went straight ahead and T-bone me!

- The Civic took it pretty bad, side airbag deployed. I was OK and got out at once, all shaking. Made the 000 call becoz my gf couldn't breath and was panic. They sent 3 police patrol, ambulance and a fire truck!.

- After few minutes my gf got calmed down by the ambo crew and was able to walk on her own, they checked on her and found no injuries, just shocked and her chest is little bit in pain (maybe the seat belt?). The said she should be OK and no need to go to hospital, it's near Bankstown.

- There were 2 or 3 woman in the BMW, all in tears. The driver was trapped for awhile becoz her foot was cut but nothing major. She was also able to walk out by herself and they took her to the hospital.

This is my first time invovled in such an accident, been driving for around 10 years in the old Corrola without a scratch! My head still buzzing and got no idead what to do about the insurance and suchs. The police called tow trucks from one of the locals in Bankstown and they towed both there, M & S Smash Repair I believe.

The police took the statements and I was told the other driver was at total fault. They will make a report and call me later to give me the number so I can call NRMA. They also said the car is a write-off in their opinion.

Took some quick snaps on my mobile, let me know what you guys think. I have no experience in this so all the helps will be appreciated :thumbsup:

civic_07
28-06-2008, 05:39 PM
The car is still all stock, only put in the foggies by BK Auto here earlier this year. Tried to call him to get some advices but he was unavilable.

This is all sh*t!. The weather been great all week and I just detailed the whole car few days ago with some tips I got from aarong. :(

-The BMW is also a new car, all airbags were deployed around the car, quite a sight I must say! Man, it came in fast, all I could see was the head of it and BANG!!!

What worry me is my car sitting in the smash repair shop, I told them don't touch or do anything. Also called NRMA and told them I'm waiting for the police to call, NRMA said that M & S one is their authorized repairer.

The important thing is all are OK, I told my gf to go check tmr just to be sure.

tokyonite
28-06-2008, 06:06 PM
..sorry to hear that m8.. lucky both of u guyz are fine... thank god.

anyway, i have been through the same sh*t as u.. and my fd was only 2 days old, it took them 1 month to repair it, and that month was da "LONGEST month i have ever had". Good luck and all the best on repairing the vehicle (just hope that the car is quote as total loss).

howy
28-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Guess what civic_07?

wow what the hell is going on, my civic that was 9 months old got smashed before too.

i'll post up the pics for you to see... Btw, my civic was declared a total loss. A pillar was damaged, both wheels bent in so suspension was gone. The engine was damaged too.

I ended up getting a completely new replacement vehicle. Accident was not my fault...

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Oh noooo

Sorry man :(

howy
28-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Here are my pics so you can compare, and my car was written off. Also with NRMA.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/h0wy/DSC00122.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/h0wy/DSC00123.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/h0wy/DSC00124.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/h0wy/DSC00125.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/h0wy/DSC00134.jpg

ej20i
28-06-2008, 08:50 PM
shait...wads with our civics getting hit so early?
my mate just got hit with a hit and run, his car is pretty bad, still be able to drive it with squeeeksss....about 4 nites ago i reckon...the car was only 4 months old...
but lucky evry1s fine including howy and civic_07 and his gf...

ej20i
28-06-2008, 08:51 PM
btw howy, did u get a whole new brand new car or was it a 2nd hand?

LD_Mart
28-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Howy - ur car got f*cked up...lucky u got a new one :)

Civic_07 - Sorry to here...now look forward to the wait :(

cracker
28-06-2008, 10:20 PM
bad luck civic_07...i bet u like appreciate life alot more now!
howy- did u have H.I.D's?

xqwzit
28-06-2008, 10:37 PM
^ lol at the ballast

BC8
28-06-2008, 11:09 PM
i've had my FD1 since Feb 08

to date, it got keyed the 3rd day in a staff carpark

2 weeks later, i got rammed by a Rodeo on the M5 whilst stationary because he wasn't looking ahead but looking @ the top of M5 Tunnel ceiling. What a %#%%!! joke !

hope everything goes well for you!

civic_07
28-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Thx heaps guys :thumbsup: ...yeah, I'm still a bit shaking, been on the phone whole nite...couldn't help it so I rang Bankstown police and they said the earliest would be tomorrow so they can put the report into the system.

Also called NRMA and told them I'm waiting for the police report #.

- howy: glad you OK from that accident, may ask you for some details later about dealing with NRMA.

- LD Mart: yeah the wait is the worst part I reckon. My mind is somwhere atm! It's only less than 24h but it will be a long nite :(

- cracker: you're 100% rite there. Everyone been saying I was lucky to walk away, the fire crew said if only a few sec different, the outcome would be worst!

....not sure what to do tomorrow though.... :confused:

bodaas
28-06-2008, 11:58 PM
just relax bro, sht happen

if you paid your insurance, the insurance co will fix your car 100%, even you driving at fault

especially nrma

unless if you drink drivng, driving without license etc etc etc,

hisoka
29-06-2008, 01:12 AM
it got keyed the 3rd day in a staff carpark

i really cant understand why people do that~, and i feel sorry for the receiver as well, its real shit feeling, especially when you put your finger on the scratch and you can tell its a real deep~ lol

btw to thread owner, i hope everything work out with insurance and you lucky you and girlfreind healthy~

tokyonite
29-06-2008, 01:22 AM
From my point of view, i reckon the BMW will be quoted as total loss.... as for urs.. ermm repair will do. damage will be around $15000.

howy
29-06-2008, 01:54 AM
ej20i: yup brand new 08 model, my original was an 07 :)

LD_Mart: yeh it got hammered pretty badly and you know what? the airbags didn't even deploy.

cracker: yeh I had HIDs :)

xqwzit: yeh shush, hehe. They didn't notice it or didn't care. Since it wasn't my fault.

BC8: glad you're ok mate.

I've come to the conclusion that the civic is quite a safe car. No one really got injured badly in my car except for my grandma (fractured rib from seat belts).

musers
29-06-2008, 02:12 AM
sorry to hear your car mate, hope it all goes well (a write off please!)
sometimes it's just bad luck and nothing you can do about as long as everyone is okay then :thumbsup:

mm fructured rib from seat belts thats not so good :eek:

howy
29-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Yeh old people are fragile, doctors said it will heal over time though.

So that's ok.

Type R Positive
29-06-2008, 03:00 AM
Damn. Females.

(glad I got another euro and not civic sport like I was going to!)

JaCe
29-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Here are my pics so you can compare, and my car was written off. Also with NRMA.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/h0wy/DSC00123.jpg

Why does the guy look like he's smiling in 2nd pic?!

i really cant understand why people do that~, and i feel sorry for the receiver as well, its real shit feeling, especially when you put your finger on the scratch and you can tell its a real deep~ lol

btw to thread owner, i hope everything work out with insurance and you lucky you and girlfreind healthy~

Indeed it's very painful >< I still remember the feeling. Nearly cried as I sat there staring at it.

cracker
29-06-2008, 06:52 PM
YEAH why is he smilling?! and i cud tell u had HID's i saw the ballast thing

howy
29-06-2008, 07:57 PM
YEAH why is he smilling?! and i cud tell u had HID's i saw the ballast thing

Got no idea why he was smiling, maybe laughing at how damaged the car looked? But I didn't really have time to care as I was getting my grandparents into the ambulance.

Yeh they were like dangling out there, lol.

BC8
30-06-2008, 08:01 PM
well glad ur ok, know how you feel

had a very similar experience on my previous car probably more worse but pulled through after in hospital for a few days

dmx
30-06-2008, 09:56 PM
very unfortunate. but life much more important than anything else.

LD_Mart: yeh it got hammered pretty badly and you know what? the airbags didn't even deploy.

you don't even know the airbag malfuntion or not until you "test" it :(

civic_07
30-06-2008, 11:30 PM
need some help here re repairers, I was told that I will need to give to NRMA my nominated repairer in case they decide to fix the car. How good is Marbo Smash in Bankstown? Any1 here dealt with them b4?

howy
01-07-2008, 12:04 AM
need some help here re repairers, I was told that I will need to give to NRMA my nominated repairer in case they decide to fix the car. How good is Marbo Smash in Bankstown? Any1 here dealt with them b4?

Whatever you do don't go with NRMA's repairer, best if you nominate one yourself. One that's decent...

Mine was written off, so didn't end up needing a repairer.

civic_07
01-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Thx howy, been very helpful :thumbsup:

yeah, I spent whole day today with friends to look for some quality repairers. Marbo is 1 of the name come up highly and its near my place.

howy
01-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Thx howy, been very helpful :thumbsup:

yeah, I spent whole day today with friends to look for some quality repairers. Marbo is 1 of the name come up highly and its near my place.

No probs, don't want anyone else going through what I went through.

It's quite a troublesome experience, but at the end of the day you and your gf being ok is what matters.

Btw, after I put the claim in it took about 5 days for NRMA to get everything assessed and declare that my car was a total loss. From then it took about 3 weeks for them to get me a new replacement car with all the options I had before (tints, alarm, alloys, mats, etc...). During this time I did have to fax them some paper work (proof of purchase of the Civic, etc... they'll tell you what is needed).

If you happen to have made modifications to the car, make sure you have your receipts so you can claim for those too.

kazam
01-07-2008, 09:54 AM
is this parked now in Waitara? or is that another smashed FD?

cymax
01-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Hey Howy,

So does that mean that civic_07's FD still have chances to be written off at this point in time.

If so, let us all pray for him that the car can be declared as a total.

denot
01-07-2008, 10:29 AM
civic_07, you need to find at least two good repairers and it would be better if you know the owners (or you know some1 that knows the owners) so when the NRMA told you that its not a WO, you can ask these nominated repairers of yours to convinced NRMA that the car is WO. well... the thing is you need to know the owners well to do this... Good luck bro!

cymax
01-07-2008, 10:37 AM
oooh... so this is how we can go around with it. Good one!

LD_Mart
01-07-2008, 12:29 PM
You guys just jinxed me.. mine got Scrapped up the side in the car park today.
and what pissed me off the most is they didnt even leave a note...

Omie
01-07-2008, 12:36 PM
...u guys are really freaking me out aye.. lol... i now only park next to a wall/pole or next to a car which is considerably more expensive than mine.. i just dont get why ppl cant pay attention when they're opening their doors

howy
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey Howy,

So does that mean that civic_07's FD still have chances to be written off at this point in time.

Yes, right now there definitely is a chance that it can be a write off. When I had my car towed to the repairers, I was talking with him about the damage and he said my car was a 50/50 chance that it would be a write off.

It depends on the assessor and how he's feeling.

You guys just jinxed me.. mine got Scrapped up the side in the car park today.
and what pissed me off the most is they didnt even leave a note...

Sorry to hear about that. Yeh I hate people that do runners! Badly damaged?

LD_Mart
01-07-2008, 03:37 PM
the side skirt will need to be re-sprayed...
but the other scratches on the rear panel and wheel arch should be able to be
buffed out but gotta go to the smash repairs and find out...

cymax
01-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes, right now there definitely is a chance that it can be a write off. When I had my car towed to the repairers, I was talking with him about the damage and he said my car was a 50/50 chance that it would be a write off.

It depends on the assessor and how he's feeling.

Think civic_07 should meet up with the assessor to make the assessor happy. Any suggestion guys? :P

grncvc
01-07-2008, 03:42 PM
women driverssss nuff sed

LD_Mart
01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
women driverssss nuff sed

as soon as i got to my car i was like what a f*ckin B*tch haha

Ashwee
01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Man this thread freaks me out.. the photos make me really scared to drive haha.. is that a p plater supra that hit you, howy?

howy
01-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Sounds pretty bad. I've been rear ended by a 4WD that did a runner before (had a circular mark on the back bumper, most likely from its rear tow bar). That pisse me off too.

Man this thread freaks me out.. the photos make me really scared to drive haha.. is that a p plater supra that hit you, howy?

Yeh a green p plater with a supra. He lost control while going downhill on a slippery road and fully smashed into me. Not sure how fast he was going though.

dmx
01-07-2008, 05:24 PM
we always can drive safely and carefully, but how about if someone hit us ? that thing happen beyond ours

looks bad mate .:eek:

...u guys are really freaking me out aye.. lol... i now only park next to a wall/pole or next to a car which is considerably more expensive than mine.. i just dont get why ppl cant pay attention when they're opening their doors
small "pimple" still alright ;)

Hey Howy,

for me,if happen to me, i prefer just repair, not written off :(
not worth it for me :(

howy
01-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Depends on the damage, if it's very little damage then repairs would be quicker and I suppose better for everyone.

Because with NRMA, if you are offered a new replacement vehicle you basically void your existing insurance policy. That means you hav to pay for another one. Yes, I didn't find that out until after everything was sorted out but I was already 9-10months into mine. So that wasn't a big deal for me.

But 6 months would kinda suck... Especially if insurance was expensive.

However, if the damage was quite substantial like mine where engine, a-pillar, wheels, suspension, etc... was damaged. I wouldn't feel comfortable in driving the car again after repairs. It just won't be the same even if they use genuine parts.

I'd rather the peace of mind with the new car. Just my opinion.

civic_07
08-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Finally....latest news today. The car is a total loss!

Been on the phone all afternoon with NRMA to get all the paperwork done. I've decided to go for settlement. They will send out the cheque for the argreed value minus few hundreds to pay for the rest of the insurance, I been paying monthly.

I'm glad that the whole thing is now over, been stressful 2 weeks. Once again, many thx to every1 especialy to howy, your're the champ :thumbsup:

ej20i
08-07-2008, 10:14 PM
wad u getting now??another civic?

howy
08-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Finally....latest news today. The car is a total loss!

Been on the phone all afternoon with NRMA to get all the paperwork done. I've decided to go for settlement. They will send out the cheque for the argreed value minus few hundreds to pay for the rest of the insurance, I been paying monthly.

I'm glad that the whole thing is now over, been stressful 2 weeks. Once again, many thx to every1 especialy to howy, your're the champ :thumbsup:

I'm glad you got everything sorted out :)

No probs mate! Decided on whether to get a car again? Civic?

civic_07
09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
^^^ yeah, have to do all over again I guess :D. Still love the Civic but might go for different colour.

Other choices would be Mazda 3 or Subaru however I've been in both and don't really like their interior.

ej20i
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
yea...used to drive a subaru...i gota admit...drive wise.nothing beats it...but ur rite..the interior of the civic is the best of its class..

neborama
10-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Just thought I'd add to the list
Brother riding his Yamaha Bike following his brand new MY07 civic VTi driven by my mum, someone cuts mum off and she slammed the brakes and bro ended up rear ending his own car with his own bike.
Bike wrote off but luckily civic was OK!

and my bro went flying. i LOL'ed

howy
10-07-2008, 05:58 PM
^^^ yeah, have to do all over again I guess :D. Still love the Civic but might go for different colour.

Other choices would be Mazda 3 or Subaru however I've been in both and don't really like their interior.

Nice, yeh but atleast you're getting a new car :)

What colour are you thinking of?

Just thought I'd add to the list
Brother riding his Yamaha Bike following his brand new MY07 civic VTi driven by my mum, someone cuts mum off and she slammed the brakes and bro ended up rear ending his own car with his own bike.
Bike wrote off but luckily civic was OK!

and my bro went flying. i LOL'ed

ouch, your bro ok?

Man that's the worst, hitting your own car.

Can't really blame anyone.

CER-15E
10-07-2008, 06:07 PM
wow.. im glad u n ur gf and other ppl involved are all ok... good luck with it all.. hope it all works out

civic_07
10-07-2008, 08:09 PM
howy: will be either White or Silver this time, I prefer black but my mum said she won't ride in one again! :D

dmx
10-07-2008, 08:37 PM
howy: will be either White or Silver this time, I prefer black but my mum said she won't ride in one again! :D
after see one more time ur pics, looks not too bad damage on ur civic. Now insurance too easy just to give write off. Dont want much hussle;)
now my question : can we refuse to get write off, but fully repair instead ?

tokyonite
11-07-2008, 12:32 AM
fully repair?? it will never be the same.............

after see one more time ur pics, looks not too bad damage on ur civic. Now insurance too easy just to give write off. Dont want much hussle;)

howy
11-07-2008, 12:42 AM

I think you probably can, but as tokyonite it won't be the same.

If there was structural damage to the chassis it'll cost quite a bit to get it repaired. Repairing also takes quite some time too, so you'll be out of a car for a good month or two.

But really, would you feel safe behind the wheel of a car that's had a crash and 'wielded' back into shape again?

I mean if it's just light damage the by all means repair it, but I reckon getting a new car gives you the peace of mind that there's nothing wrong with the car.

Yeh those two colours are nice. I could understand where your mum's coming from especially from an asian point of view, haha.

musers
11-07-2008, 01:37 AM
omg yeah the asian point of view, the reason why my mum wouldnt let me choose black so i had to go with sparkle grey :P

dmx
11-07-2008, 05:28 AM
I think you probably can, but as tokyonite it won't be the same.

If there was structural damage to the chassis it'll cost quite a bit to get it repaired. Repairing also takes quite some time too, so you'll be out of a car for a good month or two.

But really, would you feel safe behind the wheel of a car that's had a crash and 'wielded' back into shape again?

I mean if it's just light damage the by all means repair it, but I reckon getting a new car gives you the peace of mind that there's nothing wrong with the car.

Yeh those two colours are nice. I could understand where your mum's coming from especially from an asian point of view, haha.
ok, my next question : if write off. can we take off our accesories ? let say, our audio system ? our recaro seats ? etc...

howy
11-07-2008, 12:12 PM
ok, my next question : if write off. can we take off our accesories ? let say, our audio system ? our recaro seats ? etc...

Yes of coz, you take off your accessories and stuff when it gets towed away either before or after the assessment.

you can also claim the things that are damaged during the crash too. For example if your aftermarket stereo was damaged and you've got your receipt, you can claim it.

MKI4EVA
11-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Took on a small truck.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/Mix&#37;20Car/untitled.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/Mix%20Car/spock.jpg

got the 07 model after........we've had heaps of stacks in between though.

howy
11-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Took on a small truck.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/Mix%20Car/untitled.jpg

oh wow, I take it that it was a write off? It's good that you're ok though!

were you at fault?

dmx
12-07-2008, 05:51 AM
Yes of coz, you take off your accessories and stuff when it gets towed away either before or after the assessment.

you can also claim the things that are damaged during the crash too. For example if your aftermarket stereo was damaged and you've got your receipt, you can claim it.
means we can take off our aftermarket parts when its still in garage/panel beater place ?

SaiHayashi
12-07-2008, 10:14 AM

LOL but how come NRMA gives a damn about fixing $11k damages on a mini cooper?

civic_07: been reading this post for some time, good to hear that ur pain is over.

omg yeah the asian point of view, the reason why my mum wouldnt let me choose black so i had to go with sparkle grey :P
but my dad banned red instead of black...

SaiHayashi
12-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Took on a small truck.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/Mix&#37;20Car/untitled.jpg

looks like your life was on the line
are u ok tho?

LD_Mart
12-07-2008, 01:30 PM
LOL but how come NRMA gives a damn about fixing $11k damages on a mini cooper?

My mums 2003 Euro Lux got fixed with 80000kms on it....
Damage bill 22 thousand after it was t-boned
ask NRMA why they fixed that...
Sold it straight after it was fixed and got a CRV...

Zimp13
12-07-2008, 02:14 PM
i thought most insurance policies now claims that they will replace with a new car if accident happens within the 1st year of insurance (only with newly purchased vehicle though).... honda insurance claims they will replace with a new car if accident happens within the 1st 3 years of insurance... how does that work?????

SaiHayashi
13-07-2008, 05:40 PM
My mums 2003 Euro Lux got fixed with 80000kms on it....
Damage bill 22 thousand after it was t-boned
ask NRMA why they fixed that...
Sold it straight after it was fixed and got a CRV...

lol strange insurance aye, i did an online quote with NRMA a few nights ago and found FN2R has a cheaper annual fee than a COROLLA. Freaked out 6 of my fds on the spot.

anhie
13-07-2008, 07:27 PM
you should be able to remove all your aftermarket sound system however you need to replace with another either the factory one or cheap one.
as for your accessories. it depends on the agree value of the car. eg if your car agree value is roughly the same as the market value then they should paid for most of your asseccories.

JOhnnyFD
22-01-2009, 01:37 AM
its the curse!
i had a small accident myself (its all cool and fixed proper) but it was nothing compared to the tragedies above

drive safe boys & girls ... in general and especially this long weekend >> australia day & chinese new year