PDA

View Full Version : LED brake light for CD5

interfooler
28-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi all, I was thinking of making up some LEDs to fit inside my CD5 rear reflector cluster (above the signal and reverse light). I think the height of the brake lights is too low which

makes the rear look somewhat less sporty at night. I think it will look much better with a row of red LEDs at the top cluster and the stock brake light at the bottom cluster. If this

turns out well maybe I'll convert the stock brake lights to LEDs as well. That will look sick! Has anyone tried this out yet on their CD5 accord? I was thinking if this was possible. All

comments welcome.

skyflyer
29-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Never seen someone did this before just by browsing the net etc. And also I presume this is going to be for 94-95?

But you have nice idea there... any pic would be great :)

Riviera
29-06-2008, 08:20 PM
sound like a good idea ;) id buy it

i might do it myself lol

FAT VTI
05-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Seen a cd5s from the states with them. Only 1 in australia that ive seen with led rear tail lights.

anak BALAP
17-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeh let me know when that has been done.. sound like a good idea...

I have just change my plate parker lights at the back where the number plate is. I have just changed them to white parkers like looks great

Element12
17-07-2008, 09:23 PM
LOL, i did the same thing, i bought some cheapies off eBay, and i somehow managed to blow one of them ?

Anyway, gonna buy some better ones this time round :P

anak BALAP
18-07-2008, 08:37 AM
I got this really bright LED light from ebay... its got 12 LEDs in them.
it lights up the whole car. it look like i've got neons or somthing hahaa.

FAT VTI
19-07-2008, 11:41 AM
hey anak,
I think I have seen ur car around liverpool area.
Are your plates still the same? wern't you selling them or something?

off topic, has any1 ever driven on the hume highway past cabramatta or through cabramatta. everytime i drive around there I see one modified cd5.

its happened about 3 times.

anak BALAP
21-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Heyy FAT VTI..

Yeh maan thts probably me speedin through hume hwy hahahaa.. I always go there to get to villawood to buy some bait heheheee... for fishing

if you see a black accord that me.... =D

do U have any pics of your accord mate/?

Element12
21-07-2008, 06:45 PM
There are some really top end LEDS, you can get off eBay called 'Bellof' a guy did a review on these forums of them, they are pretty damn bright, but i can't justify $70 for a pair of 9w LEDS, afterall they are LEDS!

CoZZm0
21-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I would love to see how much current those "Bellof" led's draw, because i doubt they're 9 watts.

I've seen 3 watt led's with more heatsinking on them to stop them from frying up.

Element12
23-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I would love to see how much current those "Bellof" led's draw, because i doubt they're 9 watts.

I've seen 3 watt led's with more heatsinking on them to stop them from frying up.

Check this out.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88527&highlight=belloff