PDA

View Full Version : EF7 Si CRX help needed

whtteg
28-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Ive just bought an EF7 Si CRX which needs a couple of minor bits and pieces to make it back to mint condition :D.

I was wondering if any australian spec crx parts will fit? i need to get a new passenger side tail light as the indicator is cracked, also the head lights have discoloured and will want to replace them too, are these parts interchangable with a ED or will i need to hunt down EF parts? If anyone on the forum has an EF7 i would really appreciate it if you can help me with any info.

[BLISTK]
29-06-2008, 09:23 PM
join www.crxaustralia.com and ask there, might get more results. tail lights will fit and so should the headlights

whtteg
30-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I am a member and posted this on both, i found out the ed lights should all fit so im now looking to buy tail and headlights from an ed

blahZ
30-06-2008, 11:42 AM
crxaustralia.com linda ;)

whtteg
30-06-2008, 05:27 PM
im on crxaustralia lol and it seems like the ed is the same and i think i have found most of the parts i want on crxaustralia :D hopefully i will have all the pixs sent tonight and i may post them :D

Bludger
01-07-2008, 08:13 AM
;1781934']join www.crxaustralia.com (http://www.crxaustralia.com) and ask there, might get more results. tail lights will fit and so should the headlightsthis is the wrong answer

ed and ef tail lights are different, as well as the headlights

headlights are longer in the ef.
tail lights are a more different cluttered design in ef.

panda[cRx]
01-07-2008, 08:16 AM
headlights definitely wont fit, unless u wanna do a whole audm front end swap

i know jdm tail lights fit audm so it should work vice versa?

Bludger
01-07-2008, 08:29 AM
they will fit, but look totally different

in regards to tail lights..... JDM > AUDM

Dems
01-07-2008, 08:02 PM
thats not what he asked bludger, the tail lights fit, and they fit perfectly! yes they have differences ie ef7/8 has a dark boarder around the lights.

head lights are dependent on whether he actually has a face lift model or just a front end swap.

Bludger
02-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Ive just bought an EF7 Si CRX which needs a couple of minor bits and pieces to make it back to mint condition :D.

I was wondering if any australian spec crx parts will fit? i need to get a new passenger side tail light as the indicator is cracked, also the head lights have discoloured and will want to replace them too, are these parts interchangable with a ED or will i need to hunt down EF parts? If anyone on the forum has an EF7 i would really appreciate it if you can help me with any info.

thats not what he asked bludger, the tail lights fit, and they fit perfectly! yes they have differences ie ef7/8 has a dark boarder around the lights.

head lights are dependent on whether he actually has a face lift model or just a front end swap.

1 - he is a she;)
2 - she was asking about a passenger side tail light. ed and ef tail lights are different design, like you said, with the dark border around. Wouldn't want left and right tail lights different.
3 - again, ed and ef headlights are different. ef lights are wider. So, she will need to hunt down ef headlights, not ed.

BTW Linda, I'm hunting down ef headlights too, mine have fine cracks in them...... its not so much cracks, but its like it has gone brittle over time and you can see many, many tiny, tiny cracks in them.

if they are just discolored, then try using a plastic polish.
I will try to use plastic polish on mine 1st and see how that goes, b4 i source a new set.

and i did say tail lights will fit, i never said there would be any difficulty fitting them:)

czy_sol87
03-07-2008, 06:32 PM
yep as above
taillights have a different shading around the outside of them, but they will fit into stock possition without modification
headlights are different altogether, the front end of the JDM crx is different
ie different fenders, bonnet front bar, and rad support
ps. pm me my bro has a set of JDM taillights that he might be selling

whtteg
04-07-2008, 07:23 AM
ive found a complete set of tail lights from left to right so im replacing the lot with the audm ones, it appears the headlights on the ef7 are different to the ef8 (ill let you all know for certain when the car gets here, probably next weekend)

from what ive been told the headlights are looking a bit brown :( il try the plastic polish

Thanks heaps guys :D

aimre
05-07-2008, 09:41 PM
cant u just polish ur headlights???

whtteg
07-07-2008, 06:10 PM
cant u just polish ur headlights???

:thumbsup: thats exactly what im going to try :D if it doesnt help then i'll have to look at buying a new set

erezione_del_pene
07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
ef7?

whatta piece of shit

who would you buy a Honda without vtec?

whtteg
07-07-2008, 08:54 PM
ef7?

whatta piece of shit

this car has been bought for a 14yo girl as a project car for her for when she turns 16 and gets her L's to learn to drive in.

what was your first car?

there are a lot of ed crx drivers with the original motor in their cars, you are insulting a lot of honda drivers with your comment...

and what do you drive?

CRXer
07-07-2008, 09:06 PM
ef7?

whatta piece of shit

woohoo,i just broke my neg rep virginity,felt good too:thumbsup:

whtteg
07-07-2008, 09:10 PM
:thumbsup: lol same here hahahaaaa