PDA

View Full Version : Sprayed door rubbers???

jackosimm
19-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Who here has had their door/bumper rubbers sprayed the same colour as their car. The rubbers on the doors and bumpers which save you from dents when others open doors upon your car. My panel beater who sprayed my skirts recently advised that I should not have the rubbers sprayed as people who do open their doors on the rubbers will force the paint to crack/split and look terrible and eventually peel off. I am wondering if anyone has suffered this problem?

Alpine
19-09-2004, 07:55 PM
I had my black bits color coded five years ago - still looks good as new.

flipmods
19-09-2004, 08:04 PM
If the paint chips when someone opens their door on you the I say you swap spray painters cause they must really slam your car hard to chip the 2 pac paint if prepared properly. :)

SiR JDM
19-09-2004, 08:04 PM
I guess it depends how many people hit the door rubbers at carparks etc .. if u spray it right... ie - sand properly, give it a healthy amount of coats (including undercoat) and a protective coat, asuming ur car isn't hit it should have considerable life

jackosimm
20-09-2004, 12:21 AM
hmm yeh might try a different person this time. Thanks for the help.

DCLXVI
20-09-2004, 12:28 AM
i used an elastic acrylic paint material on those door trim.. its elastic so they wont crack or spill.. it has a rubbery feeling and will leave temporary mark when u push your nail onto it. its still in good condition after about 6mth..

jackosimm
20-09-2004, 02:22 PM
hmm yeh doesnt sound like a bad idea at all, cheers.

|N|
20-09-2004, 08:08 PM
i did mine a while ago .. no prob. at all...