PDA

View Full Version : Who did you insure your Euro with?

coladuna
19-09-2004, 10:42 PM
I need to insure my Accord Euro Luxury in the next day or two because I'm expecting delivery to be before Wednesday at the latest.
I checked out a couple of insurance companies online and the best I managed to find was AAMI for $740.
The car is 6speed manual Euro Luxury and I'm A 22yr old male. I have a perfect driving record with no suspension, fines or accidents. I've been driving for about 4-5 years.

What sort of premium are you all paying and with what company?

Also, will I get a better quote if I add my parent's name in the policy?
Lastly, I'd like to add everyone in my family in the policy as they may be driving it from time to time and I'd like the car to be insured in all cases. Would the premium be affected by this even though I'm the youngest driver on the policy?

fongyfong
19-09-2004, 11:10 PM
$740 is way cheap if it is comprehensive insurance and ur 22 years of age, im 24 and i pay 2k a year for a 95 accord vtis! and im with nrma, and when i quoted my car with aami they wanted 2400!

bigdongers
20-09-2004, 12:21 AM
That is cheap for a Euro Lux.

I am paying about a thousand a year for my 02 CRV and I am 24 this year. I also have a perfect record.

I am insured through Honda Insurance which is provided by Swan Insurance Australia.

yfin
20-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Mine is $705 with AAMI, comprehensive, rating 1, age 28. Exces $450

I presume you are rating 1 to get $740 - but I am not sure how you can be rating 1 at age 22?

Double check your quote by ringing AAMI rather than relying on the online system. Let us know how you go

coladuna
20-09-2004, 08:06 AM
Mine is $705 with AAMI, comprehensive, rating 1, age 28.

I presume you are rating 1 to get $740 - but I am not sure how you can be rating 1 at age 22?

Double check your quote by ringing AAMI rather than relying on the online system. Let us know how you go

It does say it's rating one.
I just answered all the questions and it seems to be giving me rating 1 based on the fact that I had 0 accidents, licence suspension and thefts.
Going to call AAMI and find out.

Type R Positive
20-09-2004, 10:09 AM
I am insured through Allianz, I pay $430.00 per year, for fully comprehensive insurance. I have a $500.00 excess.

Anyone who is authorised to drive my vechile (anyone I lend the keys to) is fully covered if they have a current and valid licence to drive motor vehicles and are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

I am 24 years old. I got my car through work, BHP BILLITON.

kanthan
20-09-2004, 04:23 PM
i pay $1300 through RACV. Rating 2. Funny thing though AAMI recognised me as rating 1. If u get a real low premium through AAMI, double check ur excess. AAMI offer me like $600 if i wanted to have a $2000 excess. i kindly declined. The only reason i chose to go with RACV was they offered pay by the month in your first yr of insurance. AAMI was cheaper by $100 but they wanted first yr fully paid up.

coladuna
20-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Just got off the phone with AAMI.
Not sure if my finance is unsecured loan or secured loan.
If it's secured, it'll be $681 and if not, $740.
The excess is standard $400 plus $500 age excess.
I think it's a pretty good deal considering that I have no insurance history and only 22 yrs old.
Anyone who I lend the car to will be insured as well as long as they are not doing anything illegal. I think I'll go with AAMI.

bigteethygrin
20-09-2004, 06:49 PM
you lucky euro drivers *sniffle*

7th Gen
20-09-2004, 07:20 PM
yes, anything under 1K for fully comprehensive insurance is a bargain - for hondas anyway
of course it is dependent on where you live etc

considering your circumstances (age, rating) and the fact you have a euro on finance that is cheap as.......... :)

EuroAccord13
20-09-2004, 08:34 PM
1100 Rating 1 with AAMI... 24 years old... sounds like I'm paying too much..

Then Just Cars quoted me 850 after I insured with AAMI... DANG..

BTW... Just curious, why is insurance more expensive if you have finance on your car? I casually asked for the difference and it's a few hundred bucks more if I finance the car..

Anyone under finance for their cars here care to explain? :)

CHEERS
Nick

7th Gen
20-09-2004, 09:36 PM
i think insurance for a financed car is more expensive cause there's the risk that you won't be able to pay off the loan?

whereas if you own the car outright then there is no liability at all

euro77
20-09-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm with RACV and paying approx. $1200, rating 1 for life. AAMI doesn't want to give me rating 1, that's why I go for RACV.

coladuna
20-09-2004, 10:43 PM
it's weird that almost everyone seem to be paying more than me. strange...

Type R Positive
21-09-2004, 02:19 AM
have you guys tried interstate? mobs like SGIO are really awesome, they give you rating 1 straight away. I have my pulsar insured through them, they were HALF the price of the other mobs I called. RACQ were great in QLD but RAC here in WA are shite.

Background info - I live in port hedland, northern western australia. It is the crime capital of the world, as well as being the cyclone capital of the world.

Just try and get insurance if you are under 25 like me. Most insurances don't ensure here. The ones that do, well.... you may as well buy another car.

VirIIx
23-09-2004, 08:34 PM
I need to insure my Accord Euro Luxury in the next day or two because I'm expecting delivery to be before Wednesday at the latest.
I checked out a couple of insurance companies online and the best I managed to find was AAMI for $740.
The car is 6speed manual Euro Luxury and I'm A 22yr old male. I have a perfect driving record with no suspension, fines or accidents. I've been driving for about 4-5 years.

I'm 23 next month, Accord Luxury Manual, and on a 60% NCB with AAMI at the moment and i pay $1300. If i were to pay $2000 excess i'd be paying about $600 comprehensive.

Where abouts are you? I'm in Sydney. Funny how the prices vary so much, esp if you're in a crummy suburb in Sydney - i know it jumps to about 2K with AAMI.

Tho when i did quotes, NRMA wanted $1800 and everyone else wanted 2500+

coladuna
24-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Where abouts are you?

Wow that's a huge difference. I'm in Brisbane BTW.

euro77
24-09-2004, 08:20 AM
You can't really compare the insurance premium just by looking at same car & model and same rating. it also depends on where you live (obviously living in a suburb with high car theft makes you pay more premium), how you park your car (inside a garage is usually cheaper than parking it out in the open), and possible other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Type R Positive
24-09-2004, 11:46 AM
You can't really compare the insurance premium just by looking at same car & model and same rating. it also depends on where you live (obviously living in a suburb with high car theft makes you pay more premium), how you park your car (inside a garage is usually cheaper than parking it out in the open), and possible other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Yes and no.

Some insurance providers are down right thieves. You need to look around and get as many quotes as you can, and read the fine print. If you don't understand, get someone else to go through it with you. This is more important than the price you pay. This is the reason why you might pay more for one than another. Some don't have windscreen cover, some have unlimited total glass cover. Justlook around!

PERTH_EURO
24-09-2004, 10:00 PM
$1100 p/a with GIO
$150 excess
Full no claim bonus protection, and a window or 2 a year

Thats for car, 3k for rims, 7k for stereo. I is 28

meh i hate insurance

VirIIx
26-09-2004, 10:18 AM
insurance is just one of those things.

Ill change my policy later on to $600 a year with $2000 excess :)
but for now i'll live with my $1300 with $400 excess.
Also with NCB protection and i can have 2 modifcations too for later on ;)

I also recently completed AAMI's skilled *cough* drivers course which is moer like a fun day lol and now i get 10% off my premium until 25 - joy

Pum[Z]
29-09-2004, 03:17 AM
$1000 is dirt cheap for insurance...

I'm 22 atm and paying close to $1400 per year with SGIO... U also got to remember if u are basing the car on agreed value or market value & extra stuff like hire car and etc, etc...

Yeah u should always research before u buy. That is common sense unless u like paying things at a premium price & getting ripped off..

I remember when i just turned 18 and insured my Lancer coupe GLi and i paid $2200 for it... God damn insurance companies...

CivicCoupe
29-09-2004, 10:24 AM
With cars on any type of finance (apart from personal loans) it is a rating factor because satistically we have found that they have a higher rate of claims than cars without. Wierd, but its what has been passed on to us.

What everyone is also saying in regards to your premium, your area will be one of the biggest factors that will affect that price. Based on the number of claims and types of claims received in your area, you can have a higher premium than everyone else.

With additional drivers, please take note that there can also be another clause where you might find that you will not be covered. On top of the fact that they will need to be driving in a legal manner and not under the influence of drugs or alcohol, that person also must be a person that the insurance company would be able to insure under their guidelines. This will be in terms of their driving history and criminal record, so no major incidents or driving offences (ie. Last 2 years of traffic offences, last 5 years of loss/suspended of license, criminal offences relating to fraud, theft, arson or wilful damage, ) but its different for each insurance company, so its probably worth either reading your product disclosure statement or asking over the phone if this is the case. One more thing with drivers, we rate the youngest driver (or most at risk driver). So if you will be the youngest driver on your policy and you add your parents, older siblings (with a relatively clean driving record) then your premium won't change. This will probably answer another of your question in regards to putting the policy under your parent's name. It will still rate the youngest or most at risk driver. So you might find it will be the same price, unless ofcourse your parents have additional discounts that your policy will receive by having them on it, that you wouldn't otherwise get.

Type R Positive
29-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey civiccoupe, why do you's class any 2 door car (mirage, lancer coupe, Suzi gti) as sports cars? It is half the price to insure a 4 door lancer than a 2 door lancer. Buuullll shite to me.

please explain! (Pauline Hanson style)

VirIIx
29-09-2004, 10:40 PM
I believe insurance companies do that, i remember when i was 18, i was going to get a lancer coupe, and insurance was like ugh.. sports car.. higher premium. And i'm just like WTF.. 1.5L pissy thing SPORTS .. you're joking..

So i got the Neon, 2L, but cheaper insurance :)

but we all move on and grow up ;)

Type R Positive
29-09-2004, 10:55 PM
I nearly smacked one bitch out when she said "Integra type R, you can't afford that!" I thought rude, but she went on to say, $4000.
I complained about the price and she said
"Is it a V8?"
No
"Is it a turbo?"
No, it is a 2L, 4cyl front wheel drive car, just like a lancer (yeah, right!).

qmjona
29-09-2004, 10:57 PM
I know its not quite the same, but I pay $787 as part of lease.
for me (highish miles) can't beat the lease arrangement.
In fact I think this is the insurance cost for any car through the lease co. not bad if your young and want a V8 or a Rex, or similar

Type R Positive
29-09-2004, 11:02 PM
I'm through leaseplan! (I work for BHP) $650 for any car I want. I'm 24.

qmjona
29-09-2004, 11:03 PM
thats it, me too

smoknhothonda
30-09-2004, 04:35 PM
What do you work as at BHP type R?

Here at shitty smorgonsteel everyone has 2 get Fords due to some agreement with Ford Mo Co :thumbdwn:

Type R Positive
30-09-2004, 04:42 PM
What do you work as at BHP type R?

Here at shitty smorgonsteel everyone has 2 get Fords due to some agreement with Ford Mo Co :thumbdwn:
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhaaahaaahaahahaha! Ford, Ahhhhhhhahaaahaha!

Sorry, couldn't contain my self. (they are not that bad, better than Holden. Wouldn't mind XR6Turbo)

EMP Technician - Boodarie Iron W.A.

smoknhothonda
04-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Hmm yeah i think i would prefer an xr6 turbo b4 a dunnydore myself also!

How long have you been workn there for dude? Did they offer you a car to get you into the job? I have no idea where that is, but i assume its in a remote mining town?!

Type R Positive
04-10-2004, 06:23 PM
it is in Port Hedland Western Australia, so remote but not that remote. The cars we get are through "leaseplan" which are salary sacrifice but not part of salary package. Real handy and real cheap.

I have been here for about a year and a half, but we have been shutdown since may. Have not done a f'ing thing for months, hence I am posting here lots and lots. I love my job :):):)

baboo
04-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Type R+, you work for BHP mining?

Hehe....I thought the mining business are booming at the moment, shortage of surface mining equipments everywhere.

We couldn't find any good ones to buy at the moment.

PERTH_EURO
04-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Yep iron ore especially is booming.

Typre r works at the hot brickette plant which unfortunatley had a serious explosion and fire that killed a couple of guys a few months back. The plant has been closed since.

I work in iron ore as well :) Riotinto, Hamersley Iron.

What you do Baboo?

Type R Positive
04-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Only one guy unfortunately died, to guys seriously burnt, but released from Royal Perth Hospital this week. The plant is still up in air, but you dont just walk away from 2.5 billion worth of plant and about 4 billion USD worth of contracts. I;'m not worried, we still got our pay rises :) and bonuses :D . They will just move us with in BHP if needed.

baboo
05-10-2004, 08:35 AM
I work in the earthmoving & mining equipment industry, mainly dealing with large open pit mobile equipments such as dozers, dump trucks and excavators..

If you guys need anything, just give me a buzz ;)

smoknhothonda
07-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Dead set! How mad is that huh! You heard when youre going back 2 work yet or what?!?

We supply hammerlsy iron with rolling stock (wheels and axles) here at smorgonsteel in newcastle (formerly known as Comsteel).

Is this reason why there orders have cum to a stop due to the explosion!!???? Or is it just a certain section closed atm?

Shame you didnt live near a beach huh? just bum around/cruise/perve at the beach everyday hey! :)

Type R Positive
08-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Dead set! How mad is that huh! You heard when youre going back 2 work yet or what?!?

We supply hammerlsy iron with rolling stock (wheels and axles) here at smorgonsteel in newcastle (formerly known as Comsteel).

Is this reason why there orders have cum to a stop due to the explosion!!???? Or is it just a certain section closed atm?

Shame you didnt live near a beach huh? just bum around/cruise/perve at the beach everyday hey! :)
Port hedland is by the sea, hence the name port hedland. This is where they ship the ore out. Saying that, there is plenty of beach, just no chicks. The whole plant is in shutdown. We are going to find out if we open this month I think, but if we don't, we will just be moved across the road to the iron ore loading facility or something. Not worried at all, just lapping up the laziness. BHP has nothing to do with Hammersley iron, yet....................