PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R V's WRX STi

Takenit2easy
02-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey i got this sent this by info@Honda

not sure if it's a repost but it's interesting reading

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/Honda.com.au/Home/Showroom/Civic+Type+R/Civic+Type+R+-vs-+Impreza+STi/

Pumped
02-07-2008, 01:37 PM
I just got that email to :)

Philip Lee
02-07-2008, 01:49 PM
did Honda pay Car?? lol

i was like wtf when i saw the title of the email.

aaronng
02-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Sounds like a rigged review though.....

Takenit2easy
02-07-2008, 01:58 PM
They admit the obvious power difference (but don't think it's as big as you'd think) but for overall i'd have to agree my mum is a rex fan (and we test drove one of the new hatches) and my dad has a CTR and i love driving the civic mabe i'm bias as well because i own a euro but anyway very interesting i thought

Takenit2easy
02-07-2008, 02:00 PM
did Honda pay Car?? lol

i was like wtf when i saw the title of the email.

even if they did there's no difference between that and the way wheels mag always has Geral Motors cars winning all their prizes lol

Pumped
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Its a pretty fair review if you read it,
I dont think honda should be making such a big thing out of it though :lol:
they'd dont say its perfect

bodaas
02-07-2008, 02:30 PM
i think new wrx look really dissapointed

thats why i switched from wrx to type R, otherwise i rather stick with it

i still love the 4wd,

on the other hand type R is fun to drive, love the vtec sound
but straight performance ehmmm...doesnt give so much confidence
the type R performance cant keep up with new v8 and xR6 turbo on straight line
no matter how you launch it

howy
02-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Recent top gear episode reviewed the WRX STi Hatch vs. EVO X. The WRX was slightly faster around the track, but the EVO X was so much better in every way.

I personally would go for the JDM CTR though :)

luoldeng
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Yea I saw this article on the Honda website while I was at work, interesting article but not really a great article either.

I found the last month issue of Wheels much better to read. It had the Type R pitted against the Mini & Golf GTi, and Type R getting the honours of the three.

As mentioned above the Type R off the line performance isn't great, I also do find it slow and really have to rev it to just take off fast. But once the car gets going its really something.

Also regarding on Top Gear, Jeremy really bagged the CTR but it did faster than its Car of The Year Golf GTi!

bodaas
02-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Yea I saw this article on the Honda website while I was at work, interesting article but not really a great article either.

I found the last month issue of Wheels much better to read. It had the Type R pitted against the Mini & Golf GTi, and Type R getting the honours of the three.

As mentioned above the Type R off the line performance isn't great, I also do find it slow and really have to rev it to just take off fast. But once the car gets going its really something.

Also regarding on Top Gear, Jeremy really bagged the CTR but it did faster than its Car of The Year Golf GTi!

heheh i thought i m the only one feeling new ctr not fast enough :zip:

Recent top gear episode reviewed the WRX STi Hatch vs. EVO X. The WRX was slightly faster around the track, but the EVO X was so much better in every way.

I personally would go for the JDM CTR though :)

yeah offcourse if we talking about track performance, i d prefer CTR

luoldeng
02-07-2008, 05:54 PM
heheh i thought i m the only one feeling new ctr not fast enough :zip:

Yea very sluggish on lower gearing, I don't want to always floor it coz people think im some kind of hero wanting to drag everyone at the lights :p

But the car gets alot of looks though haha

bodaas
02-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Yea very sluggish on lower gearing, I don't want to always floor it coz people think im some kind of hero wanting to drag everyone at the lights :p

But the car gets alot of looks though haha

yeah indeed man
type R gets a lot of looks, it always make some asshol try to race you when you stop at the lights

sitta
02-07-2008, 06:47 PM
well, what else do you expect its a 2litre 4 cylinder with no turbo... and fwd and you expect this car to beat wrx sti? i dont think both of them should be compared to since they are totally different cars.

yfin
02-07-2008, 06:51 PM
when it comes to driver enjoyment hondas are great - that what this article is really saying. The gearshift, driving position, steering, cornering, etc. But in a straight line the more recent models are slow - can't even compete with a Toyota Aurion with an auto tranny.

Takenit2easy
15-07-2008, 02:27 PM
when it comes to driver enjoyment hondas are great - that what this article is really saying. The gearshift, driving position, steering, cornering, etc. But in a straight line the more recent models are slow - can't even compete with a Toyota Aurion with an auto tranny.

I have to agree with this, the new models are great looks and great feel etc. but are lacking a real fire breather....
However it seems we are heading down the track of saving fuel rather then out and out power...!
I'm waiting for the day Honda brings out another super car or cult car like the nsx and crx....i know they tried with the CTR but feel short IMO

VT1-R
18-07-2008, 10:39 PM
FN2R vs STI = Obvious result..
FN2R vs Wrx = Something there to debate about.
FD2R vs STI = A more suitable comparision..

FN2R is heavy.. we all know it.. It has no LSD,torsion beam rear end and only 1bhp more than EP3R.. Its sad that Honda sort of neglected important aspects of making FN2R a out n out true Type R...

kongfu
18-07-2008, 10:44 PM
FD2R MUGEN RR Vs STI might be interesting. MUGEN FTW!