PDA

View Full Version : Cutting up my Front Bar, help...

sai_vang
02-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone, i've recently bought a Civic coupe 2000 vtir,
the front bar, i wanna put a hole in it, well it's got this thing which i've seen on many other civic front bar, is what u can take it off. it's just this weird thing in the front bar, two little holes on either side below the lights.
any suggestions how it's suppose to be taken out?

shadou
02-07-2008, 08:11 PM
wtf.... err a picture would help illustrate wtf you are talking about. What hole do you want and for what purpose?? Can it not use the front grill instead ??? Fog light covers ???

sai_vang
02-07-2008, 08:24 PM
http://images.automotive.com/dealer_used/ebiz/1HGEJ612XYL068128_1.jpg
sorry my bad.
see how there is that hole thing under where the lights, well i want my one to be like that, but instead it's covered, it's exactly the same bar as the one in the picture,
it looks like it could b taken out, but not sure how it's actually meant to be done,

Killa From Manila
02-07-2008, 09:13 PM
they r the fog light holes. has to be CUT out

turbo convert
02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
easy its only plastic to get it out, although from memory the stock em1 bar has a kinda vent.
drill a hole and the jig saw:thumbsup:
Personally would leave it or fill it with some foggies though......my 2cents:wave:

sai_vang
02-07-2008, 09:25 PM
o ok, thanks

englee
03-07-2008, 10:37 AM
I've just installed my foggies. My advice is, if you wanna cut out the air vent....be careful. Don't cut off the screw stubs for the foggies. They're visible from the back of the bar. My car's previous owner cut out the the vent and the stub to mount the foggies. I ended stacking a couple of front bar cutouts to screw the foggies into.

The front bar is soft and can be shaved of using a sharp utility blade. Best to start with a hole saw 1st.