PDA

View Full Version : Service fee for Accord

P4T
04-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Hi guys!

I'm intending to buy an Accord 1994 or 1995. The only thing i'm concerning now is the service fee.

So you guys please tell me how much it costs for normal full service (I mean oil change, fluid leaking check, break....)

(Coz I live in Melbourne, so it would be great if you guys tell me the service fee in Melbourne)

Thank you!!

shadou
04-07-2008, 01:46 AM
errrrr um ok. Well since it's a 1994/5 I doubt you'd go Honda for a service so I'd throw anything from $150-$300 generic workshop, maybe more depending on how major it is, that's what I think for just fluid changes.

FAT VTI
05-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey mate your question isn't really clear.

Depends what workshop you take it to, and somewhat more importantly if you want a major or minor service. It also depends if there are leaks etc which need to be serviced which will obviously cost more money.

Basic service can be anywhere from $80-$160.
Major service can be anywhere from $200-350

It is pretty hard to say mate, all workshops are different, the average hourly rate for mechanics i think is $85/h. Depends on the work as well.

shadou
05-07-2008, 05:51 PM
lol basic hourly rate for a mechanic is $85p/h but they only see like $18p/h.

FAT VTI
05-07-2008, 06:19 PM
for a mechanic workshop.

P4T
05-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Thank you all guys for your information!

So it means the service fee is ok, affordable.

However, you know, some of my friends said that Honda's parts are much more expensive than that of Toyota because Honda's parts are all made in Japan, not here.

So how is ur comment for this opinion?

FAT VTI
05-07-2008, 07:56 PM
depends, are we talking second hand parts or new parts?

Im under the impression if u go to any dealership trying to get genuine parts you better be packing double the amount ur thinking it will cost.

Honda wanted $2560.00 for power steering pump only on a f22b1 engine.
I shit you not.

But then again, honda parts are pretty easy to get from wreckers mate, and plus hondas shit over toyotas anyway so its no comparison.

toyota parts may be cheaper coz there so many damn camry's on the roads.

shadou
05-07-2008, 10:27 PM
some parts you can skimp out on but others you'll definately want Honda only parts. oh btw use only power steering fluid for your PS system, generic shops will give you ATF instead and it will damage your system over time.