PDA

View Full Version : Power Up Begining

amato2
04-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Hey Guys,

My Bro is thinking of doing some power mods to his car.

Now nothing crazy i was thinking something basic like Headers, throttle body and a new piggy back ecu... anyways first question is, would thins be a half descent power up and secondly where can i go to buy/ fit these things

He has already done the intake and has a remus exhaust...

Thanks

JSpec3
04-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah header's and a VAFC or NEO and tune would be a good start. How far is he going with this? That will determine what he should spend his money on, but headers for sure. Now the type of headers is another thing, so how far is he going with this?

amato2
04-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Well i dont think he wants to spend heaps of cash on it... i think he just wants a little more power so id say headers would be a start.... but yeah with the VAFC or Neo... where could you buy one of them and then get it tunned

Thanks man

Terry_GT-R34
04-07-2008, 02:16 PM
As far as ECU is concerned, have you looked at the HONDATA ECU that's also in one of the latest ZOOM Mags? Available from www.hondatech.com

JSpec3
04-07-2008, 02:25 PM
He would only want a piggy back computer not a replacement if he is only doing little mods. Xforce are a good cheap header. Does he have a h22?

Search around the net for a VAFC or NEO, they are out there to buy. I have a VAFC but it was installed in my car when I bought it so I couldn't tell you where to buy one from. Some of the PA guys should be able to though. There should be a dyno somewhere where he lives to tune it.

EG5
05-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Intake , Exhaust , Header
3 essential basic mods to get more power

Terry_GT-R34
05-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Intake , Exhaust , Header
3 essential basic mods to get more power

You're right about the ACTIVE approach

The PASSIVE approach is to also do a Jenni Craig. There is too much weight over the front wheels. Bonnet weighs 3X the one on my other car for instance.