PDA

View Full Version : (CL9) Multiple dilemmas..Lots of questions... please help :)

s2_eternity_s2
05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey all,
Just privately bought a 2006 euro Lux for $27000 . done only 12kms.

The front passenger seat needs a retrim and i would also like to replace a section on the passenger door b'cos there's a scratch on the leather.
1. Does it cost much to fix these problems? And where in brisbane would u recommend to get it done? @honda or sumwhere else?

My alarm goes off for no reason. Only at night for some reason. I thought the sensors were to sensitive so i tried making the alarm go off (by kicking the wheels etc) but nothing happened.
2. Does my alarm need fixing or does it need resetting?

I thought it it also has internal sensors. So i locked myself in the car (took keys out etc) and moved about and waited for the alarms to go off...nothing happened....
3. Am i suppose to have these sensors or not? Or does this have to do with my stuffed up alarm?

It came with only one set of key...sucks...
4. How much does it cos for another set with the locking and boot buttons on it?

From reading other ppls threads, i realised that the passenger side stitch is loose cos of the airbag being released.
5. Is this something i need to worry about?

Do you guys reckon i got an ok price for it considering all these probs? I know i should hav done more research before i bought it. Now i'm stuck with all these questions that i didn't expect i needed to ask. It would be great if u guys could help me out!
thx

biee2
05-07-2008, 07:31 PM
My alarm goes off for no reason. Only at night for some reason. I thought the sensors were to sensitive so i tried making the alarm go off (by kicking the wheels etc) but nothing happened.

im pretty sure the alarm onli goes off if the doors are opened when you have locked it with the remote keys....seems to me lik your alarm is a bit wacked....correct if i am wrong. if your cars alarm is a factory alarm im pretty sure they dont have any motion sensors in side the car so yeah....explains why the alarm didnt go of when you locked yourself in the car.........

4. How much does it cos for another set with the locking and boot buttons on it?

i remember a member from a honda dealer telling me it would cost a couple of hundred dollars for a replacement key....not 100% sure coz it cant remember but i know for sure its in the 100's if anyone can confirm this

power_of_dreams
05-07-2008, 08:08 PM
i hope you got it checked out before you bought it. price seems a bit low

winvin23
05-07-2008, 08:20 PM
$27K for a 2006 euro lux with super low kms is definitely not a bad price mate. If yours is auto, even better priced. It sounds like the only major problem is the alarm, the rest seems to be just wear n tear.

1. I wouldnt bother asking Honda, as they probably end up charging you at least double than other std retrimmer places. I'm not from Brissie, so cant really recommend anyone there, but shop around, or for a start google it - search for upholstery or retrimmer or interior retrim etc.. heaps in bris area.

2. In this case you might want to get Honda to check it for you, the factory alarm should still be under warranty if it hasnt passed the 3 years warranty period yet.

3. No, no internal sensors for factory alarm, not mine anyway. It only triggers the alarm when you activate the alarm and open the doors.

4. Yup, at least a couple of hundred bucks for new remote key, cos you'll need to get the key cut and programmed which costs a hundred bucks or smtg just for the labour. I believe there's a trick to program euro new keys yourself, but cant really remember what exactly.

5. Not sure about those loose stitch, mine looks fine.

Jaso
05-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Could just be unlucky and have a few small problems here and there mate. At least its still under warranty.

Delta_One
05-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Only came with one set of keys? Bit strange...I hope you checked this car out completely and had a rego check etc on it.

I would be heading straight down to Honda and getting totally new keys, new programmed numbers etc so the previous owner can't use the other key, which they might still have..

Price is very low, but they must have wanted a quick sale...
Can you post up a pic of the scratch?

tony1234
05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey all,
Just privately bought a 2006 euro Lux for $27000 . done only 12kms.

The front passenger seat needs a retrim and i would also like to replace a section on the passenger door b'cos there's a scratch on the leather.
1. Does it cost much to fix these problems? And where in brisbane would u recommend to get it done? @honda or sumwhere else?

I thought it it also has internal sensors. So i locked myself in the car (took keys out etc) and moved about and waited for the alarms to go off...nothing happened....
3. Am i suppose to have these sensors or not? Or does this have to do with my stuffed up alarm?

From reading other ppls threads, i realised that the passenger side stitch is loose cos of the airbag being released.

Do you guys reckon i got an ok price for it considering all these probs? I know i should hav done more research before i bought it. Now i'm stuck with all these questions that i didn't expect i needed to ask. It would be great if u guys could help me out!
thx
Cheap for an 06 lux.especially with those Ks.Sounds suss to me.Too many problems for a car with such low kms.did you get it checked out by a mech.who is knowledgeable on Hondas?

unity
05-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Your purchase price seems reasonable. I hope you don't find any other nasty surprises down the track. There is nothing worse than thinking you got a good deal only to find out that one problem leads to another. It causes a lot of stress and anxiety. Definitely consider the extended warranty if it already doesn't come with the car.

Crapdaz
06-07-2008, 12:57 AM
too many problems, downfall is you only have 1 key to this car.
who knows where this other key your meant to have is gone, by the initial owner.

centurionau
06-07-2008, 10:35 AM
A few things to mention.
The price seems very low, especially for the kays.
Caveat emptor - buyer beware - seems to be the case in this instance.
Too many initial problems which you should not be having with a car that is only 2 yrs old. The key issue is especially worrysome. You should have gotten 2 keys plus a service key.
Me thinks the previous owner was involved in an accident or something dodgy, and wanted to get rid of the vehicle quickly, and unfortunately for you, saw you coming. Good luck.

tony1234
06-07-2008, 11:05 AM
A few things to mention.
The price seems very low, especially for the kays.
Caveat emptor - buyer beware - seems to be the case in this instance.
Too many initial problems which you should not be having with a car that is only 2 yrs old. The key issue is especially worrysome. You should have gotten 2 keys plus a service key.
Me thinks the previous owner was involved in an accident or something dodgy, and wanted to get rid of the vehicle quickly, and unfortunately for you, saw you coming. Good luck.
I agree.Plus what i said in previous post.:(

yfin
06-07-2008, 11:54 AM
The key issue is especially worrysome. You should have gotten 2 keys plus a service key.

There is no service key with the Euro - you get 2 sets of keys from the factory

yfin
06-07-2008, 11:55 AM

Err yeah it is something to worry about - your car has been in a big enough accident to warrant the side airbags going off. If the repairs were done properly you shouldn't see such clear evidence of the accident. I know some people are saying you got this car cheap - I actually think you paid too much as the car has been in a semi-serious accident. Have you had the car up on a hoist so that the chassis, undercarriage and suspension can be checked properly?

eg_08_wa
06-07-2008, 01:08 PM
depending on dealer, a new key will set you back at least $400.
its about $250 for the key alone, then there's cutting, and then coding the key to your car. definitely would try and chase up the where abouts of the other key.

for a car with only 12,000kms, as you say it has, it has a lot..and i mean an awful lot of wear and tear issues in the interior. i've got a euro with 100,000kms, and the interior looks as if the car just rolled out of the factory, bar the floor mats.

like yfin said, the fact that the airbag has been deployed means theres more than what meets the eye with the car.
get it fully checked.

s2_eternity_s2
08-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Only came with one set of keys? Bit strange...I hope you checked this car out completely and had a rego check etc on it.

I would be heading straight down to Honda and getting totally new keys, new programmed numbers etc so the previous owner can't use the other key, which they might still have..

Price is very low, but they must have wanted a quick sale...
Can you post up a pic of the scratch?

Yeah i had the rego checked and it was okay. Weird thing was that when i called honda to check its service history, they didn't have record of the VIN number. They said their computers were down... i hope so. I will call again to check it out. I don't know if i should get new programmed numbers... the car was bought in sydney. I'm up in brissy. Got insurance as well. The scratch is not a big deal but part of the leather trims on the passenger side is pretty bad. It hardened up pretty bad.

s2_eternity_s2
08-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Err yeah it is something to worry about - your car has been in a big enough accident to warrant the side airbags going off. If the repairs were done properly you shouldn't see such clear evidence of the accident. I know some people are saying you got this car cheap - I actually think you paid too much as the car has been in a semi-serious accident. Have you had the car up on a hoist so that the chassis, undercarriage and suspension can be checked properly?

No i haven't had it hoisted up yet but will do that soon. Did the rev checks and there was record showing that there was impact damage but it was not written off. Does that mean the chassis, undercarriage etc should be ok?

s2_eternity_s2
08-07-2008, 11:43 PM
$27K for a 2006 euro lux with super low kms is definitely not a bad price mate. If yours is auto, even better priced. It sounds like the only major problem is the alarm, the rest seems to be just wear n tear.

1. I wouldnt bother asking Honda, as they probably end up charging you at least double than other std retrimmer places. I'm not from Brissie, so cant really recommend anyone there, but shop around, or for a start google it - search for upholstery or retrimmer or interior retrim etc.. heaps in bris area.

2. In this case you might want to get Honda to check it for you, the factory alarm should still be under warranty if it hasnt passed the 3 years warranty period yet.

3. No, no internal sensors for factory alarm, not mine anyway. It only triggers the alarm when you activate the alarm and open the doors.

4. Yup, at least a couple of hundred bucks for new remote key, cos you'll need to get the key cut and programmed which costs a hundred bucks or smtg just for the labour. I believe there's a trick to program euro new keys yourself, but cant really remember what exactly.

5. Not sure about those loose stitch, mine looks fine.

Thanks for your info. But one thing,my alarm won't go off even when i try opening the doors after it has been activated.

s2_eternity_s2
08-07-2008, 11:46 PM
by the way, thanks everyone for replying. I will get it fully checked out. Hopefully there won't be other problems!

johnprocter
08-07-2008, 11:50 PM
get a new pair of keys programmed mate dont take the risk u might aswell spend a few hundred bucks to remove the worry and hassle of it being stolen

EuroDude
09-07-2008, 12:22 AM
The alarm may be going off due to a poor battery. Many alarms are designed to alarm when the voltage drops below a certain voltage/current.

tron07
09-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks for your info. But one thing,my alarm won't go off even when i try opening the doors after it has been activated.

How you open the door? With the key?

I think the alarm needs about 30sec after you lock the door before it arms.

Type R Positive
09-07-2008, 09:14 AM
I think the alarm needs about 30sec after you lock the door before it arms.Lock the door by dressing the button on the key, whilst sitting inside. If you open the door, alarm will sound.

Crapdaz
09-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Lock the door by dressing the button on the key, whilst sitting inside. If you open the door, alarm will sound.

Type R+ - does your alarm engage immediately? if so that would be excellent upgrade on the CU2 rather than letting it sit for 30sec but still good.

Any of you guys know how much for a sensitive motion alarm setup?

s2_eternity_s2 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=19533) - for you as tron07 has stated you require 30secs minimum for alarm to engage. if you open the door prior to it engaging the alarm won't sound.

So test it out by letting it sit for 30sec or more then try it.

aaronng
09-07-2008, 10:02 AM
The alarm may be going off due to a poor battery. Many alarms are designed to alarm when the voltage drops below a certain voltage/current.

The stock Euro's alarm does not have this low voltage feature. :)

tron07
09-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Almost all good aftermarket alarms have the 30sec grace period, cause some have various sensors, ultrasonic, tilt, bump, etc...

tony1234
09-07-2008, 10:37 AM
The stock Euro's alarm does not have this low voltage feature. :)
Euro alarm is only basic,no shock,tilt,ultrasonic sensor etc.

Type R Positive
09-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Type R+ - does your alarm engage immediately? if so that would be excellent upgrade on the CU2 rather than letting it sit for 30sec but still good.

Any of you guys know how much for a sensitive motion alarm setup?

s2_eternity_s2 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=19533) - for you as tron07 has stated you require 30secs minimum for alarm to engage. if you open the door prior to it engaging the alarm won't sound.

So test it out by letting it sit for 30sec or more then try it.
I haven't tried it out in the CU2, but I can remember it in the CL9! That horn is loud and scared the shit out of me! LOL!
I can't remember if I had to wait 30sec or straight away? Anyway, I thought straight away.
Maybe someone could try it (out in public! :p)
I might try mine tonight also!

aaronng
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
You have to wait 30 seconds in the CL9

Crapdaz
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I haven't tried it out in the CU2, but I can remember it in the CL9! That horn is loud and scared the shit out of me! LOL!
I can't remember if I had to wait 30sec or straight away? Anyway, I thought straight away.
Maybe someone could try it (out in public! :p)
I might try mine tonight also!

let the car alarm engage, then call your missus on the mobile and ask her to come to the garage when she does set the alarm off.

then she can smack you.

that's something i would do to my gf and she always hits me for it. :thumbsup:
let us know, but i reckon it'd be the same as the CL9.

Type R Positive
09-07-2008, 07:52 PM
let the car alarm engage, then call your missus on the mobile and ask her to come to the garage when she does set the alarm off.

then she can smack you.
that's something i would do to my gf and she always hits me for it. :thumbsup:
let us know, but i reckon it'd be the same as the CL9.
ROFL!!!!
(she just hits me now for no reason! I swear!)

tim-e
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
get a new pair of keys programmed mate dont take the risk u might aswell spend a few hundred bucks to remove the worry and hassle of it being stolen
+1. Easiest way to know for sure there's only 2 keys that'll work.