PDA

View Full Version : HELP, Car not starting!

WAZ-23A
05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
this morning i tried to start my car and it took a very long time to turn over. got it going eventualy but then when i turned the headlights on the car started to stall (ON AN AUTOMATIC) lol

went for a drive for 20mins thinkin the battery just needs to be charged, turned the parkers on and the car started to stall again.
whole day ive been thinking its the battery or something :S so i called nrma battery van to come nd replace it but he said the alternator and battery is fine.

so it looks like i got some electrical problem, disconnected HIDs but yeh the problem occurs with parkers still so hid arent d issue, i turned off the alarm with the special key and now when i turn the ignition to reds i can see the alarm led flashes but very dull, and the car starts for a second and then turns off. which is the imobiliser i think,pressing the unlock button is doing nothing. so now i cant even move the car!

WHAT DO I DO NOW???? WHat do you guys think is the problem?
does nrma help with dis-arming imobilisers?

CRXer
05-07-2008, 09:48 PM
yes it does sound like the alarm is playin games with your car.

disconnect power to the alarm & the immob relay/s should default to the off state,but not in all cases,depends how the installer set them up &/or what your alarm is capable of.

alternatively i could have a look at it for u,tomorrow in sydney,PM me if needed.