PDA

View Full Version : CU2 ipod adapter

EuroBro
06-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Has anyone bought this accessory? If so:
- how does it work ?
- where does it plug in to ?
- does the cable provide power to ipod?

and finally... how much should I expect to pay for it?

bk212
06-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Has anyone bought this accessory? If so:
- how does it work ?
- where does it plug in to ?
- does the cable provide power to ipod?

and finally... how much should I expect to pay for it?

Yep, I bought it in my CU2. It works through the "CD Changer" input to the factory stereo. The Ipod itself becomes inoperable but you can operate through the stereo controls. Haven't worked it all out yet but apparently you create playlists named "Honda1, Honda2" etc and the system treats each of those playlists as a "CD". You can also play random selection.

The Ipod connector is in the centre console, next to the Aux plug. It powers the Ipod whenever the car is on.

Cost...I can't actually remember exactly but I think it was in the region of $600. They did an all-up price for me based on a few extra inclusions.

The sound is awesome - I love it.

.QD
06-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I got the adapter installed on my CL9. Does the job.. too bad the headunit doesnt do ID3 tags and so on.. very basic. Havent really seen the screen/head unit on the new euro's. But yes, you create a playlist in your ipod called them "Honda1" through to "Honda7". Treats each playlist as a disc.

Mike Star
07-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I got the adapter installed on my CL9. Does the job.. too bad the headunit doesnt do ID3 tags and so on.. very basic. Havent really seen the screen/head unit on the new euro's. But yes, you create a playlist in your ipod called them "Honda1" through to "Honda7". Treats each playlist as a disc.

Hi there,
Do you recall what the adapter and fitting cost? Do you reckon it's worth it on a CL9?
Thanks

.QD
07-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi there,
Do you recall what the adapter and fitting cost? Do you reckon it's worth it on a CL9?
Thanks

You can get a non-honda one from http://www.xcarlink.com.au/ does the same thing, I cant vouch for that but search the forum there's a lot of threads about it with good feedback.

Is it worth it? Well at the time I didnt plan on upgrading the stereo in my car, so I got the adapter. Works great. All integrated.. steering wheel control, control it from the HU etc. If you want something simple then yeah.

Price wise, I can remember because it was all included in the car... had all the factory accessories fitted when I bought the car.. so I didnt get a breakdown on the price, I think I was quoted $600?

You might be better off with the xcarlink, just check the forum for others that have it installed.

http://www.xcarlink.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=66

Both are pretty basic due to the stock head unit and in summary will do the following:

- Integrate your iPod to the factory head unit. Control via the stereo and steering wheel.
- Simulate a CD stacker via playlist, 1-7 discs, 8 will do random playlist.
- Charge your iPod
- Direct audio from iPod to factory HU.

Mike Star
07-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks heaps! :wave:

unity
07-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Try an Fm transmitter from ebay. Will only cost you $10 and it works fine. Just cant control the ipod via the car's audio controls