i dun want those heavy OBX seats...
it's for EK...

anyone selling 2nd hand or something?

tanghy
21-09-2004, 11:37 AM
sparco/recaro..

SiR
21-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Which one's better? Recaro or Sparco? I heard that Recaro's are generally tighter for slightly large people...

On the subject of Sparcos, has anyone tried out the Sparco Siena's? I'm looking to get a pair and was wondering if they were any good in terms of quality, comfort, support and sitting position adjustability etc.

http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/images/seats/siena.jpg

Thanks.

Brescia
21-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Ive got a pair of sparco evo's, fixed back :thumbsup:

Not the best for long drives, but i like'em. suprisingly comfortable imo

How much do those sparco siena's go for?

SiR
21-09-2004, 12:53 PM
The last time I checked, they were around the $800 mark, exc. the base and rails. The Siena's are the new base buckets of the Sparco range.

bizee_1
21-09-2004, 01:54 PM
hmm i've sat in a Sienna....comfortable seat.... although not quite as supportive/huggy as let's say a Torino 2. But for a long drive, it would be 'more' comfortable in a Recaro Type R style seat.

In terms of support/hugginess, i ranked :
1. Bride reclinable
2. Sparco Torino 2
3. Recaro DC2R/DC5R

SiR JDM
21-09-2004, 02:15 PM
How much id ur budget?

SiR
21-09-2004, 03:46 PM
hmm i've sat in a Sienna....comfortable seat.... although not quite as supportive/huggy as let's say a Torino 2. But for a long drive, it would be 'more' comfortable in a Recaro Type R style seat.

In terms of support/hugginess, i ranked :
1. Bride reclinable
2. Sparco Torino 2
3. Recaro DC2R/DC5R

That's cool man - the Siena's are the cheapest Sparco's you can get so I guess you get what you pay for in terms of hugginess etc. Did you sit in the seat in Sydney by any chance?

BlitZ
22-09-2004, 11:44 PM
arent the fix back... one cheaper.. cant remember the name.. they were once also sold for 380 at racing revolution on sale

CRXY01
22-09-2004, 11:51 PM
fix back arent comfortable for long drives, u can get Type R imitations for around $800 with rails. But as always u get what u pay for :o

tanghy
23-09-2004, 12:15 AM
imitations aren't adr approved, if u crash, insurance won't pay out, police will ask why..... etc etc

civic_mods
23-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Don't get those cheapy seats!!!

Get those Recaro/Sparco/BRIDE adjustable seat if u can afford

If u want to go for 2nd hand,DC2R/DC5R seats are the best!!!

Quality + Comfort = $$$

gelo
23-09-2004, 01:40 AM
imitations aren't adr approved, if u crash, insurance won't pay out, police will ask why..... etc etc

so id i put a dc2r recaro in my car(reclinable)
what can i do to make it so the insurance cover me
in the car of an accident?
an engineer cert?

tanghy
23-09-2004, 01:42 AM
as long as u don't get imitatoins, you should be fine..

fake recaros are easy to spot, they have lever type recline adjusters instead of twist knobs

gelo
23-09-2004, 01:52 AM
hope your right...

thanx

SiR
23-09-2004, 03:12 AM
arent the fix back... one cheaper.. cant remember the name.. they were once also sold for 380 at racing revolution on sale

I'm not sure about the fixed back ones, but the Siena should be the cheapest out of the reclinable ones, i.e. below the price range of the Torino's, Milano's etc...

bizee_1
23-09-2004, 04:20 AM
yup. was browsing through at UAS (UniqueAutoSports) in Castle Hill. They had one on display. Not sure of $$$, didn't enquire.

That's cool man - the Siena's are the cheapest Sparco's you can get so I guess you get what you pay for in terms of hugginess etc. Did you sit in the seat in Sydney by any chance?

SPEEDCORE
23-09-2004, 11:29 AM
From my understanding Bride are not ADR approved.

I would take it that all seats that are not sold locally are not ADR approved also? Can someone confirm.......

Because I was considering a pair of Buddy Club seats but the ADR problem is what is holding me up.

Also what is the go with legality of fixed back seats in road cars? Able to be blue plated?

bizee_1
23-09-2004, 01:49 PM
afaik, in NSW. If you have fixed seats in a 4 door it's alright. if they are in a coupe, you have to rip out the rear seats & seat belts.

[[d a n n y]]
23-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Sparco...
pro2000 is good...
really comforatable...
the GTR seats r really good nice and tight..:)

SiR JDM
25-09-2004, 06:03 PM
I think brides would be ADR approved if GTRs come stock with them and they are able to be insured with those seats as stock?

So imotation recaros are not ADR approved, so in the case if you have an accident and an insurance assesor needs to asses your car for roadworthyness, they can say that your car was not ADR approved and refuse to cover you?

I never knew that, my friend just bought a pair of imo recaros .. i should tell him

tanghy
25-09-2004, 11:45 PM
gtrs do not come with brides

SiR JDM
25-09-2004, 11:47 PM
I thought they did.. my bad! =)

SPEEDCORE
26-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Nathan from Option1Garage has a Bride seat in his green Hatchi and he told me has to get rid of it because of no ADR...... thought this will clear things up for a few of you.

GTRs.............. stock Bride seats??? :confused:

SiR JDM
26-09-2004, 02:52 PM
lol that was my bad, my friend told me they did and i just beleived him...
Now i think about it my friends 33 GTR dind't have them... my bad http://members.optusnet.com.au/~akaisen/personal/emb.jpg.. *dont shoot*

SiR
10-10-2004, 02:59 PM
What are the Autotecnica Monza SP2 and SP6 like? Quality? Hugginess? Comfort? Price?

Also, here are the dimensions of the SP2:
http://www.autotecnica.com.au/content/seat_images2/SP2-533-633detail.gif

How do they compare to the Recaro's in a DC2R, dimension-wise?

Thanks!

tekling
10-10-2004, 03:53 PM
ok heres my view on the seats

immotation arent worth it..as stated before if they are NOT ADR APRROVED insurance wont cover and you get get dicked for having an unroadworthy car if they know their sh!t
thousands of dollars are spent to get seats ADR approved due to it being tested thoroughly through crash tests and things like that so imo, imitations are worth it for your life

if your car is a 2door car, then it has to be reclinable or else its illegal but as also stated before you can rip out your rear seats and crap like that but then you would have to register your car as a 2 seater car only..too much trouble

even though the imitations cost half of the value you pay for the real ones, the material they use is not as strong as the genuwine stuff..in a serious accident the seat can just snap in half and cause very serious injuries and all due to just saving a few hundred dollars...but if you cant afford..just save up or try to get second hand ones

i got myself a pair of rare dc2r yellow ones..i luv them
hope this helps

:wave:

bizee_1
10-10-2004, 07:28 PM
you might wish to read the part below that i have highlighted, you contradicted yourself, although i am pretty sure everyone nows what you mean.

i think you meant to type "aren't".

ok heres my view on the seats

immotation arent worth it..as stated before if they are NOT ADR APRROVED insurance wont cover and you get get dicked for having an unroadworthy car if they know their sh!t
thousands of dollars are spent to get seats ADR approved due to it being tested thoroughly through crash tests and things like that so imo, imitations are worth it for your life

HwyStar
10-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Velo...

SiR
10-10-2004, 10:29 PM
How does $300 for the Autotecnica Monza SP2 sound?!

J-MuN
10-10-2004, 10:46 PM
a serious accident the seat can just snap in half and cause very serious injuries and all due to just saving a few hundred dollars
dude isnt it a little bit more than a few hundred dollars for a pair of "authentic" recaros??... even if second hand... and does anyone know wheres a good place to find second hand recaros from dc2r / dc5r / CTR in melbourne?..anyway in melbourne and any prices.. thanks

tekling
11-10-2004, 12:39 AM
my bad..was suppiosed to write

"imitations are NOT worth it for your life"

good pick up

projekt kal
11-10-2004, 01:09 AM
is there an actual difference in the driver and passenger seat of recaros??? :confused:

coz i always hear ppl asking whether its the driver or passenger seat whenever some1 is selling 1 recaro seat.

bizee_1
11-10-2004, 03:43 AM
afaik, driver & passenger are the same. same with just about every other aftermarket seat. i am unsure if production recaro's are the same. eg. WRX seats, Audi etc. I am sure some of them aren't.

the other reason i think ppl might ask, is that the driver seat, is more likely to wear quicker than the passenger side.

SiR JDM
11-10-2004, 03:43 AM
I think due to the rails.
If its got passanger rails, u cant very well put it in the drivers seat unless u change rails..

I could b wrong tho, correct me?

bizee_1
11-10-2004, 04:05 AM
true. unless they are using universal rails.
or maybe it's just one of those questions for the un-informed hehe i duno.

gee there seems to be more and more ppl up late, lately.

tanghy
11-10-2004, 12:04 PM
the diff are
#1 the rails
#2 adjustment knob placement

tekling
11-10-2004, 02:01 PM
right on the ball tanghy
but also the seat belt thing
you wouldnt want a passenger side seat on the drivers side coz the seat belt would have no use

tanghy
11-10-2004, 02:21 PM
it doesnt matter abt the seat belt mounting points, that is on the rail, which is independent of the seat

tekling
11-10-2004, 02:29 PM
oh..i didnt know that..thanks for that....

hehe..i also forgot to add one more difference

-reclinable (being able to pull the seat forward like the dc2r seats so ppl can get in the back seats)
then you would have to pull the lever that resides on the side of the side which will now be in the middle

tanghy
11-10-2004, 02:31 PM
those levers are on BOTH sides of the seat back
your main diff btw drivers n passenger SEAT only (not rail)
is the knob which adjusts the angle of yr seat back

SiR
11-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Hmmm....so no one rates the Autotecnica's?!

bizee_1
12-10-2004, 01:58 AM
I think the Autotecnica's look the goods. As for price & lateral support i don't know. i have sought some ppl's thoughts on the Autotechnica's. Their responses weren't quite what i liked to hear, especially in comparison to higher priced seats.

In that aspect, you get what you pay for. On the other hand those responses came from a handful of ppl only.

The seats i was looking at, the Sparco 'Torino' & Recaro 'Speed' both have adj. angle knob on either side.
i am assuming the "Type R" OEM seats only have one adj. angle knob on each respective side, (of which it hasn't crossed my mind to look) which makes perfect sense.

SiR
12-10-2004, 03:08 AM
Thanks Bizee.

Yeah, it's unfair to compare the Autotecnica's to other higher priced seats such as Recaro, Sparco etc. cos they cost more than double what the Autotecnica's do.

I just really wanted to know whether the Autotecnica SP2's are worth the $250-300 they retail for.

Thanks for your feedback though!

SiR
12-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Are OBX seats any good? How are they compared to Autotecnica seats?

SiR JDM
12-10-2004, 09:42 PM
SiR i got a pair of Autotecnica Monzas in my ride currently..
I have no problems with them... i find them comfortable, theyre a pretty tight fit dont look bad for their price and yea....
http://members.optusnet.com.au/%7Eakaisen/images/members/james6.jpg

I got no beef with them ... of course u get wat you pay for, they dont look as good as recaros, they dont feel as good and they're not ADR approved, but for something maybe 1/4 the price i think they're pretty good.. value for money

SiR
12-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Nice pic!

Are they the Monza SP2's or Monza Rally? How's the quality of the seats? Do they 'wear and tear' easily?

Are you sure they're NOT ADR approved? On the autotecnica website, it says ALL their seats are ADR approved.

SiR JDM
13-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Really ADR approved? there u go.. i just heard they wernt so yea..

Im not sure wat they are sorry .. lol.. wear and tear? ive got nothing so far.. seem to be top cond, just need a bit of a clean..

Quality? Well they keep me pretty tight when cornering.. everyone gets in and they're like "wow its prettty snug... you dont move"... it probably comes down to preference but i like them and alot of people whove sat in them like them too =)

SiR
28-10-2004, 10:38 PM
I sat in some Autotecnica Monza's the other day and it felt weird. The shoulder area was tighter than the side bolsters which meant I had no support around the waist, yet I could barely fit myself in between the shoulder bolsters. Mind you, this was the demo seats they had on display so maybe they're different from the 'real' thing?! :confused:

00' coupe
28-10-2004, 11:58 PM
hey guys does any1 hav dc2r recaros in der civic coupe???
if so do they fit well??? i mean rails, not to big for d car, not to many mods hav to b done to put dem in etc...

i was thinkin of puttin dem in so i was jst wonderin if any1 has done dis to der coupe n if its all good...

also, any1 knw prices n sumwhere in syd to get dem???

much appreciatd

u's can PM me...thankz

tanghy
29-10-2004, 12:00 AM
u have to buy ek9 rails
done

Cyrus
19-11-2004, 03:37 PM
you can try honbits but second hand dc2 recaros ain't cheap though..