PDA

View Full Version : HID conversion kits

tuppelo
07-07-2008, 04:24 PM
All,

Has anyone had any experience with those HID conversion kits? They are so cheap on eBay and you can get them delivered for under $80...I looked into some reviews and they are saying that it is not only enough to buy them as those housings are not made to project those kind of beams (they are not spread evenly - thy are completely uncontrolled, you cannot get that nicely edgy line when they are projected onto a wall).
Has anyone installed any of those kits? Is it worth it?

Thanks

Element12
08-07-2008, 07:38 PM
For a car that isn't designed for HIDS, they do produce abit more light upwards, but thats why they have a shield along the top so they don't shine light right up into the sky.

I've used a kit before, its hell fun and great at night :) i think its worth the $88 i got for my 6000k kit.

~Goodluck !

Renegade
08-07-2008, 08:37 PM
A friend of mine has put a set into his B double Semi, he says they are the best thing he's done to it.
He had the generic refractor lenses and put the kit on those and they were good. But then he retrofitted some projector headlights and the HID's were 150% better again.

zorann
08-07-2008, 09:52 PM
hey mate

i have done a conversion on my 95 accord,

best thing i have done, so much light and it has so much more volume

yeah it may be annoying for the car infront but try to aim them down,

it was quick and easy to install them roughly 30 mins and mine was a ebay kit

if anytihng breaks you can get spare parts easy!

tuppelo
08-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I do have "angel eyes" projector lights as it is...not sure if that is going to make any difference..I have seen some of those kits on Commodores and Fords and they look terrible as they are too bright and light shines in all directions...with my current lights, I have a really nice and clear top cut off line ...I am hoping that I would get something similar..zorann do you have stock project lights or something else?

Renegade
08-07-2008, 10:39 PM
If you have projector lights you will get a definitive line of light with the HID's too.
It's created by a metal insert inside the projector that is more or less to block the light above a certain height to stop it dazzling oncoming drivers.
Somewhere on here there is a thread showing how to convert LHD projector lights to RHD .... it has pix of the lights dismantled and you'll get an idea of what I'm on about! ;)
P.S. If you find HID kits on e-bay for $80 gimme a heads up - I can't find them that cheap ever!
Catch Ya

I do have "angel eyes" projector lights as it is...not sure if that is going to make any difference..I have seen some of those kits on Commodores and Fords and they look terrible as they are too bright and light shines in all directions...with my current lights, I have a really nice and clear top cut off line ...I am hoping that I would get something similar..zorann do you have stock project lights or something else?

tuppelo
08-07-2008, 11:48 PM
If you have projector lights you will get a definitive line of light with the HID's too.
It's created by a metal insert inside the projector that is more or less to block the light above a certain height to stop it dazzling oncoming drivers.
Somewhere on here there is a thread showing how to convert LHD projector lights to RHD .... it has pix of the lights dismantled and you'll get an idea of what I'm on about! ;)
P.S. If you find HID kits on e-bay for $80 gimme a heads up - I can't find them that cheap ever!
Catch Ya

There are so many of them...hundreads actually ...try item 190234643276 US seller and a good feedback...

zorann
09-07-2008, 09:46 AM
hey mate,

yeah im running the same setup,

Angel Eyes, with projectors

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8609/dsc0014dv8.jpg

tuppelo
09-07-2008, 09:54 AM
hey mate,

Thanks looks awesome..do you kind of get a nice straight top cut off line or the light is speeded in all directions (uncontrolled)?
Are they overheating? Are you running 6000K HID or is it higher than that?
Cheers

V6LUXURY
09-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Dumped!!!!

Element12
09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
I've run a 6000k Kit for 2 months now, no problems what so ever :)

Btw, they also have a warm up period, if you notice when you first turn them on they get brighter and brighter, i think it takes afew mins for them to fully warm up.

Zoran, looks like he's running 8000k because they are more of a distinctive blue than the 6000k which is a whiteish blue

Renegade
09-07-2008, 09:27 PM
There are so many of them...hundreads actually ...try item 190234643276 US seller and a good feedback...

Awesome mate, thanx a bunch.

:thumbsup:

V6LUXURY
09-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Just be aware if you retro fit HID's and you cause an accident, you will be liable.

tuppelo
09-07-2008, 11:19 PM
I've run a 6000k Kit for 2 months now, no problems what so ever :)

Btw, they also have a warm up period, if you notice when you first turn them on they get brighter and brighter, i think it takes afew mins for them to fully warm up.

Zoran, looks like he's running 8000k because they are more of a distinctive blue than the 6000k which is a whiteish blue

Where did you get your set from and how much you paid for it? Any noticeable difference in light output?

Renegade
10-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Just be aware if you retro fit HID's and you cause an accident, you will be liable.

If I manage to find myself a set of projector lights (I know they're out there somewhere) and fit HID's and then get them added to my engineers report to certifiy that they have the right lighting angle etc etc this won't be a problem.

V6LUXURY
10-07-2008, 03:47 PM
If I manage to find myself a set of projector lights (I know they're out there somewhere) and fit HID's and then get them added to my engineers report to certifiy that they have the right lighting angle etc etc this won't be a problem.

A lot of effort to go for HID's

HID's are great but there not that great.

My last three cars have had them.

My new car doesn't and it's no big deal.

Osram Nightbreakers are brilliant for a fraction of the cost.

hisoka
10-07-2008, 03:51 PM
if you want HID than do a jap spec style~ 0.33 in this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wXUPVnvIMxc

LOL

Renegade
10-07-2008, 07:41 PM
A lot of effort to go for HID's

HID's are great but there not that great.

My last three cars have had them.

My new car doesn't and it's no big deal.

Osram Nightbreakers are brilliant for a fraction of the cost.

I'm leaning toward HID's coz I live in the country and I don't want the front of my :honda: car nailed by a roo, koala, wombat, cow, dog, fox, etc etc. So the more light I stick out the front of my car the more confident i am driving. It's also uncool to have a fox bust a hole in your radiator and have to walk about an hour back to town when it's been hitting 2 degrees here at night......brrrrrrrrr.....:eek:
However.
I'm gonna google these nightbreakers and see how good they are. They're not just another flaky answer like those blue Halogen bulbs are they?

tuppelo
10-07-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm leaning toward HID's coz I live in the country and I don't want the front of my :honda: car nailed by a roo, koala, wombat, cow, dog, fox, etc etc. So the more light I stick out the front of my car the more confident i am driving. It's also uncool to have a fox bust a hole in your radiator and have to walk about an hour back to town when it's been hitting 2 degrees here at night......brrrrrrrrr.....:eek:
However.
I'm gonna google these nightbreakers and see how good they are. They're not just another flaky answer like those blue Halogen bulbs are they?

You can get those Osram bulbs for around $30-40 delivered from UK (eBay) but I still would like to give HID a go..

Element12
13-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Where did you get your set from and how much you paid for it? Any noticeable difference in light output?

I got mine from
www.ebay.com.au

$88 for 6000k h4 Kit.

Here's the seller, located in HongKong, I ordered on the Sunday, and got them on Thursday, they are pretty quick.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-BULBS-BALLAST-H4-Low-6000K_W0QQitemZ300239222619QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4261 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And, yes, don't go Bi-Xenon, because HIDS have a warm up period and they dislike getting flicked on and off, and that's how you can destroy them, so imo, i don't think there is much point going for high beams in HIDS, Just stick with the low beams :)

Renegade
13-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanx dude!

I got mine from
www.ebay.com.au

$88 for 6000k h4 Kit.

Here's the seller, located in HongKong, I ordered on the Sunday, and got them on Thursday, they are pretty quick.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-BULBS-BALLAST-H4-Low-6000K_W0QQitemZ300239222619QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4261 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And, yes, don't go Bi-Xenon, because HIDS have a warm up period and they dislike getting flicked on and off, and that's how you can destroy them, so imo, i don't think there is much point going for high beams in HIDS, Just stick with the low beams :)

tuppelo
14-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I got mine from
www.ebay.com.au

$88 for 6000k h4 Kit.

Can you post some pics? How long have you had it for? Any issues -overheating etc etc...was it hard to install them?

Thanks..

Element12
14-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Can you post some pics? How long have you had it for? Any issues -overheating etc etc...was it hard to install them?

Thanks..

No problem guys.

Just remember V6Luxurys warning, if you do retrofit them and cause and accident you will be liable, and i'm pretty sure you cannot engineer them because the car isn't made to have HIDS. well the headlights anyway.

And yeah, i can post some pictures up :)

I have had my kit for about a month now, i've had no problems what so ever, and no they don't overheat, at all.

Installation was easy as, took me about 30-40mins ? I didn't have to cut or modify any of the electrical on the car, i just had to put bigger spade bits on the wires from the HID ballasts, so they would sit in the lightbulb plugs properly :)

I can either get pictures this weekend, during the day/arvo/night. if you want to see the transition between the times in the day.

dattle
14-07-2008, 11:50 PM
hey mate,

where are your door latches?? how do you get into the car hahaha

fitvpower
15-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I got mine from
www.ebay.com.au

$88 for 6000k h4 Kit.

yea agree, lol these are exactly like mine but i got 8000k colour. tru tru no point getting bi xenon unless you got the projectors, im running low beam and it already provokes enough people to high beam me at night. by the way, does anyone noe why there's a metal plate under the xenon tube???? i took one off but dunt see no difference

Element12
15-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Im not exactally sure, but i think its there to direct the light ? I dont see much point of it being on the bottom, should be the top shouldn't it ?

Anyway, still gotta work out a way to adjust the headlights, so they don't aim up so much.

fitvpower
15-07-2008, 02:00 PM
yea, you noe how for h4's, there's 3 pins jutting out of the side of the bulb housing. well when i rotated it around to fit into the original housing, the metal thingy pointed downward. pretty stupid i reckon since the whole point of lighting is to aim the beam down not up.

fitvpower
15-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Im not exactally sure, but i think its there to direct the light ? I dont see much point of it being on the bottom, should be the top shouldn't it ?

Anyway, still gotta work out a way to adjust the headlights, so they don't aim up so much.

there's a cicular adjuster just above the headlight, stick a phillips screw driver into this and rotate away, with hids, try to dip as much as possible,

Element12
15-07-2008, 06:35 PM
there's a cicular adjuster just above the headlight, stick a phillips screw driver into this and rotate away, with hids, try to dip as much as possible,

Oh yeah ?

I looked around on the back, but i found metal plates more like little caps protecting somthing inside ? like the adjustment thing ?

luke_89
20-07-2008, 11:48 PM
hi just wondering would these fit into pop up lights as i have an 87 accord and would love to put them in my car as i have got seriously crap lights..
thanks

CoZZm0
21-07-2008, 09:24 PM

Without adding at the very least, headlight washers/squirters they can not be engineered, and i would question the ability for them to be engineered without an automatic levelling system fitted because for them to confirm to the aiming requirements when unlaiden and fully laiden i think it would be difficult to achieve. Plus there's the rules governing high voltage items and insulation etc. (stupid ADR's!!!!)

Either way, you're on the right path, even if they're not engineered, a set of OEM HID projectors, retrofitted into the stock housing will be a leap beyond any hid kit, i don't care if it costs 50 or 5000 bucks, OEM > Aftermarket kit.

fitvpower
21-07-2008, 10:34 PM
just reading through, i was thinking of reducing my light output when i put high beam on. My hid unit consists of a xenon tube and a halogen bulb to the side of it on a h4 plate. When i flick the in dash high beam switch, the halogens go on and the xenon go dim. This is virtually my 'low beam'. (but is still fcken brigh as hell) Is there a way of re-wiring and only operate only just my halogen when i switch high beam. this might be a good idea when i drive near cops lol

LiquiDSound
22-07-2008, 04:55 AM
hi just wondering would these fit into pop up lights as i have an 87 accord and would love to put them in my car as i have got seriously crap lights..
thanks

Your accord uses seal-beam headlight right?
"For the seal-beam headlight car, you have to change the whole housing every time the light bulb burns out. After you change to this H-4 Headlight Housing, whenever your headlight burn out, all you need to do is change the light bulb. Fit many kind of car, like 86-89 Accord,"

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-UPC-1617.htm

zorann
22-07-2008, 10:12 PM
hey guys, not sure what im running has been a while

they tend to shoot in mufti direction but they have a cut sharp line up top!

love my xenon's

luke_89
23-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Your accord uses seal-beam headlight right?
"For the seal-beam headlight car, you have to change the whole housing every time the light bulb burns out. After you change to this H-4 Headlight Housing, whenever your headlight burn out, all you need to do is change the light bulb. Fit many kind of car, like 86-89 Accord,"

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-UPC-1617.htm

hi yeh i have changed them over ages ago atm im running +50 bulbs along with +50 bulb driving lights they are alright but still not very good lights and i love the look of hid's so im thinking of putting them in i added the guy on msn he told me everything and yes hids will fit uin my car thanks guys

also just wondering whats the brightest you would go with these lights i was told the 1200k even thought the purple looks awesome is just tupid to have as they are so bright ou blind every one else so how bright would you consider going and also i dont want to cause an accident or get defcted for my head lights i just want to be able to see better then i can now i was thinking the 10000k.. whats the brightest some one has put in and how do they go and is it worth it as the ones i get have to stay in.

thanks guys

V6LUXURY
25-07-2008, 10:46 PM
4200k is closest to daylight.

Anything over 6000k is illegal from what I remember.

underc35a
25-07-2008, 11:16 PM
hi yeh i have changed them over ages ago atm im running +50 bulbs along with +50 bulb driving lights they are alright but still not very good lights and i love the look of hid's so im thinking of putting them in i added the guy on msn he told me everything and yes hids will fit uin my car thanks guys

also just wondering whats the brightest you would go with these lights i was told the 1200k even thought the purple looks awesome is just tupid to have as they are so bright ou blind every one else so how bright would you consider going and also i dont want to cause an accident or get defcted for my head lights i just want to be able to see better then i can now i was thinking the 10000k.. whats the brightest some one has put in and how do they go and is it worth it as the ones i get have to stay in.

thanks guys

Remember the higher the kelvins the dimmer the light is. Its not what kelvin you have that causes accidents, its the glare!

luke_89
26-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Remember the higher the kelvins the dimmer the light is. Its not what kelvin you have that causes accidents, its the glare!

ok thanks for that i did not have a clue about that i think i might end up going the 10 thousands or the 8's so i get a good look and then a good vision as well thanks guys will post up pics and what not when i end up getting them

V6LUXURY
27-07-2008, 06:14 PM
ok thanks for that i did not have a clue about that i think i might end up going the 10 thousands or the 8's so i get a good look and then a good vision as well thanks guys will post up pics and what not when i end up getting them

You will be pulled over sooner rather than later if you go for anything over 6000k.

your choice, but IMO it defeats the whole purpose of getting HID's

tuppelo
28-07-2008, 03:48 PM

Do not do anything over 6K...You will be pulled over in no time...6K should be plenty in comparison to what you are running now..Make sure you have a good battery..Even though they are using 35W they have massive capacitors (HID) that have to charge up b4 the lights light up...

FAT VTI
31-07-2008, 05:17 PM
you should be right with the cops.
6000k is factory, 8000k is the same just with a blue tinge. 6000k is the brightest because it is pure white. as said earlier, its the colour temerature not the brightness. go for 8000k u'll be right.

underc35a
31-07-2008, 05:25 PM
OEM, factory hids are 4300K, anything above that and you are giving out less light.

1JZ_Z20
01-08-2008, 03:00 AM
hey guys.

pretty determined to get HIDs as i've already ordered an ebay angel eyes kit.

just wanted public opinion on what goes better with the chrome backing on the headlights. the 6000k or the 8000k.

also, all HID kits universal for accords?

Sp00ny
01-08-2008, 03:40 AM
Plug 'N' Play kits when placed into a Halogen Project / Reflector housing produce horrible glare and poor beam patterns.....thus why people with the kits get flashed often...

My opinion...If your going to do it...do it properly....and either Buy a car with OEM HID's or Retrofit your headlight housings with HID Projectors...like I have....for a nice Blue Cutoff and Perfect Beam pattern...

Also DO NOT BUY above 6000K, not only the higher the colour temperature you loose lumens (brightness) you also loose a great amount of visability in wet conditions...

Just buy legal 4000K Phillips/Osram Halogens (matched to OEM ratings) you get good quality, optimal beam pattern, everythings legal and your aren't selfishly blinding everyone on the road.

Just My $0.02.

zorann
02-08-2008, 09:40 AM
hey guys,
just a quick update on these

i am trying to get my accord on the back of the road, and speaking to my mechanic he said that vicroads will be targeting HID kits because when you put aftermarket headlights on the actual socket for the bulb is plastic! and the heat of a xenon globe may melt the housing!

there's more to it but that was the main factor for me because i have angel eyes on my accord and now looking for SIR's loll

hope this helps!

Element12
03-08-2008, 07:06 PM
you should be right with the cops.
6000k is factory, 8000k is the same just with a blue tinge. 6000k is the brightest because it is pure white. as said earlier, its the colour temerature not the brightness. go for 8000k u'll be right.

+1 never had any problems with cops, just with other drivers on the road,

hence im swapping to crystal vision to give them a go.

Can't be the selfish guy blinding everyone :P

tuppelo
03-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I am getting my HID kit tomorrow...will fit it over the coming weekend and post some pics... I do have projectors and should not have issues as I already have a nice straight cut off line...hoping it will work fine....

FAT VTI
03-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I am getting my HID kit tomorrow...will fit it over the coming weekend and post some pics... I do have projectors and should not have issues as I already have a nice straight cut off line...hoping it will work fine....

you'll be right mate,

you could beam those hids into the sky with a batman symbol.

wouldnt worry about not being able to see :p

AE092
04-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Has anyone had major issues with the police in regards to HID? I mean, say if you hide the ballasts and wiring, he/she can't really ding you for it as then they would be "perceiving" that you have HID's ect correct?

Then again there's always good cop/bad cop. Just received some quality HID's for my birthday so i'll be aiming it low.

FAT VTI
04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
its not hard to tell if they are HIDs mate.
If the cop wants to defect you he will. not a bad idea to hide the ballast and wiring but even still its not 100% cover from being booked.

tuppelo
04-08-2008, 02:14 PM
its not hard to tell if they are HIDs mate.
If the cop wants to defect you he will. not a bad idea to hide the ballast and wiring but even still its not 100% cover from being booked.

Not easy to hide them - limited space as where to hide them :(

longers
04-08-2008, 02:25 PM
mines hidden pretty well. lume tube the trying in an attempt to look "stock"
but like what FAT_VTI said...if they wanna defect you they can...its
not that difficult to tell whether you have hids or not...the cops would have to
be pretty stupid not being able to tell the difference

Element12
04-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Has anyone had major issues with the police in regards to HID? I mean, say if you hide the ballasts and wiring, he/she can't really ding you for it as then they would be "perceiving" that you have HID's ect correct?

Then again there's always good cop/bad cop. Just received some quality HID's for my birthday so i'll be aiming it low.

Yeah, its very unlikely you will get booked for HIDS in your car, i've never heard of anyone getting done with them.

I couldnt find any good spots to hide my HIDS :/ but in some cars you can hide them really well, so you wouldnt know if you had them or not.

Unless its some stupid colour rating like 16,000K ! then your done.

I've gone passed heaps of cops with no troubles at all, its just the other drivers on the road who think you have your high beams on and it gives them the shits something cronic, lol.

I had some guy had a go at me once at the local shops about them, that they are too bright etc, and i just replied its a Honda, its nothing like a commodore. which is what he was driving and he just stormed off.

FAT VTI
04-08-2008, 04:44 PM
tell him his exhaust/emissions consumption is too much and its going to kill more people much faster than a bright headlight.

Element12
05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
tell him his exhaust/emissions consumption is too much and its going to kill more people much faster than a bright headlight.

Haha, yeah.

AE092
06-08-2008, 01:55 AM
lol

Well, had it installed last night by my brother predominantly. Ballasts were neatly tucked away but its true about how some guys say it's not hard to notice the HID's.

Had it adjusted abit too low so need to re-adjust, now need some foggies for this damn Melbourne weather

Feverpitched
06-08-2008, 02:15 AM

You're more at risk of being killed by me if you drive behind me with HID's in a reflector housing. It's one of my major pet hates.

FAT VTI
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
stay out of western sydney then my friend ;)

howy
07-08-2008, 04:31 PM
You're more at risk of being killed by me if you drive behind me with HID's in a reflector housing. It's one of my major pet hates.

Some reflector housing like the ones in the civics FDs are quite good.

I've got HIDs in mine and the cutoff is perfect. I will be getting projectors in the near future for better focus and cosmetics though.

I do agree that a lot are awful though.

tuppelo
09-08-2008, 03:08 PM
I installed my HID kit today...will post some pics when I take them tonight...they look really good...you can see them clearly in broad daylight:)

Funny story...as I was installing them copper pulled into my frontyard..I though to myself " WTF I haven't installed them yet and I will get done for them"....worked out at the end that property next door got broken into so he asked me if I heard anything last night...

Easy installation...plug and play!

Renegade
09-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Yeah, its very unlikely you will get booked for HIDS in your car, i've never heard of anyone getting done with them.

That's because you live in the city mate. The cops are much fairer down there (believe it or not)
Try living in a moderately small country town where they've nothing better to do that target "hoons" (that is they can't be stuffed doing any real policing - my mate's dirt bike got flogged ... he found who had it, told the fuzz and the reply was "We've much more important things to do than chase down motor bikes" Real reason - they are scared of entering this particular community)
So every one I know of who has retro fitted HID's have been defected. And those who retro fitted projector housings have been slapped with 2 defects - one for the HID's and one for non ADR compliant headlight fitting.
All this info is first hand - either my experience, or friends whom I've been with when it happened, so please don't bother telling me that's not how it is. I'm 32, I've been modifying cars since I was 20, and I've lived in this town the whole time. So my name and my current car now graces a white board at the local station as a "known offender" How many traffic fines/defects have I had in around 15 years of driving? One defect for non working spotlights on a road rego'd rally car, and they didn't work coz I hadn't wired them up yet. I must be one bad egg.
And the cops wonder why they have a bad name.

Sorry for the hi-jack, but I just wanted to point out that just coz the cops in Sydney don't pull you over doesn't mean they will be the same in any other part of the country.

tuppelo
10-08-2008, 04:43 AM
I installed my HIDs...OMG...it is like driving during the day...I aim them a bit low but have not received any flushing back to me..I do have projectors and cut off line is just perfect...will post some pics...raining tonight:(

Pola-Civic
10-08-2008, 03:00 PM
I just did HID conversion on the civic 6000k and there nuts :) altho some ppl think u have ur highbeams on and they flash u!! lol gets annoying

tuppelo
10-08-2008, 08:11 PM
It is pointless putting HIDs without projectors...Noone flashed me as I had a nice cutoff line and as well point them a bit lower that normally..I might change current setting as the time goes by...will see reactions on those setup first..it is freezing outside and raining again...will try to take some pics tomorrow.

Pola-Civic
10-08-2008, 11:29 PM
dont see y its pointless it still does the job i drove thru YB (yarra bend) and it was sweet as could see fine no need for highbeams @ all like normal lights !!

tuppelo
10-08-2008, 11:50 PM
dont see y its pointless it still does the job i drove thru YB (yarra bend) and it was sweet as could see fine no need for highbeams @ all like normal lights !!

No questions there but what I was thinking is that you will be picked up by much easier...I agree with you...my High beams are not 10% of what my HID are now:) I am still afraid to aim them a bit higher...they are aiming a bit lower than what a normal standard lights are but it is like daylight :)

Simmo2302
11-08-2008, 06:11 AM
dumb question, but how do you adjust the aim of your lights ?

tuppelo
11-08-2008, 08:44 AM
dumb question, but how do you adjust the aim of your lights ?

look behind your headlights and you should have 2 screws...one for moving it up or down and one for moving it left or right..park your car against the wall and do adjustments....hope it helps

Limbo
11-08-2008, 11:27 AM
i live in cabra and almost everyone has HIDs so they don't even bother to flash anymore ;) I've hid my balasts also just in case.

Also in the case of melting the housing, in hondas there seems to be enough space in the housing. Rem its only 35ws compared with the 55/60w headlights and the 100w bulbs!

i've seen the 100w bulbs stuff up headlights though

Feverpitched
11-08-2008, 12:08 PM
stay out of western sydney then my friend ;)

There's many reasons why I choose not to live in Douche-ney ;)

Element12
12-08-2008, 09:04 PM
That's because you live in the city mate. The cops are much fairer down there (believe it or not)
Try living in a moderately small country town where they've nothing better to do that target "hoons".

I don't live in the city, i live about an hour out of it ?

I live in a moderately sized country town.

anyway, here's the requested picture of the HIDS when i had them in, sorry about the long delay.

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/196/dsc00165qc9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/196/dsc00165qc9.bda5b75af (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=355&i=dsc00165qc9.jpg)

longers
12-08-2008, 09:21 PM
SCATTTTEEEERRRRRRR...like mine

tuppelo
13-08-2008, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=Element12;1845816]I don't live in the city, i live about an hour out of it ?

anyway, here's the requested picture of the HIDS when i had them in, sorry about the long delay.

Why r u saying when you HAD them? Did you sell your car or got done for them and had to replace them?

zorann
16-08-2008, 03:54 PM
VIC ROADS are currently cracking down on HIDS, as they do not have a sharp cut off line like your conventional H4, my xenon are coming out and taking my projectors out and going to SIR headlights, not worth the hassle, i have air bags and shaved doorhandles on my car, more attention is not what i need, also i was told by my mechanic if you look at H4 Globe it has a small cover over the top of the actual bulb which stops it from shooting out everywhere!

zorann
16-08-2008, 03:55 PM
where are your door latches?? how do you get into the car hahaha

what you mean, that's factory :p, i get a laugh when people go to get into my car and just think that there is a door handle lol

Element12
17-08-2008, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=Element12;1845816]I don't live in the city, i live about an hour out of it ?

Why r u saying when you HAD them? Did you sell your car or got done for them and had to replace them?

I'm going through different colour temps, i've used 6000k and 4300k and 8000k and all different bulbs, to find ones i really like. :)

No, i haven't got done for them :P and no haven't had any problems with them.

tuppelo
18-08-2008, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=tuppelo;1847172]

I'm going through different colour temps, i've used 6000k and 4300k and 8000k and all different bulbs, to find ones i really like. :)

No, i haven't got done for them :P and no haven't had any problems with them.

What colour did you find the best? I have 6000K now and they are really good but I am just afraid that they might be a way too bright...Was going to change it to 4300K – Would you recommend it? Is there a noticeable difference?

Thanks

Sp00ny
20-08-2008, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=Element12;1851966]

What colour did you find the best? I have 6000K now and they are really good but I am just afraid that they might be a way too bright...Was going to change it to 4300K – Would you recommend it? Is there a noticeable difference?

Thanks

4300K has more lumens (thus is brighter)......4300K is the optimum colour temperature as stated by the majority of OEM Manufacturers and bulb manufacturers. Over 6000K are hopeless in wet conditions and look...well ricey. Any HID's look ricey if they aren't seated in OEM HID projectors. Note: OEM Manufacturers such as OSRAM and PHILIPS will sell them as 4100K to allow for a 200K colour shift.

4300K start of with a yellowy whitish colour temp but after 20-30 hours of use turn into a pure white...(no blue, no yellow just white). This is called "Colour Shift" as HID's get older the colour temperature will rise hence the lumens will fall.

4300K > 5000K > 6000K over 6k...dont bother.

If you would prefer a bluish tinge...the 5000K are a good choice. They have a slight tinge of blue while still keeping up in the lumen output and remaining decent in wet conditions.

Limbo
21-08-2008, 01:30 PM
i have 8k HIDs and they seem to be fine in wet. its only got a slight blue to it also.

Sp00ny
21-08-2008, 01:41 PM
i have 8k HIDs and they seem to be fine in wet. its only got a slight blue to it also.

Install 4300K and see if what you think then, lol. xD

I had 6000K's and the differance in the wet is very noticable. The higher the colour temperature the higher the frequency which will lead to more light dispersion off a wet ashpalt road, signs, sidewalks etc.

you could deal with 6000Ks in a OEM HID projector or MAYBE 8000K but the differance is still big. There is a reason 8000K+ in america is illegal. ;) ...and here it says on halogens that anything over 4100K is not legal for road use.

Are you sure its 8000k then? the 8000K kits i have seen have a very noticable blue tinge to even the most concentrated part of the beam. If they are a chinese manufactured kit and parts, the colour temperature can differ, i have a mate with "6000K's" that look like 8000+ and one with 5000K which looks like its just over 6000K, quality control is quite poor.

Major Benefit of the 4300K is they don't draw cop attention. The more people that are getting into HID Kits...the more likely it is that police will be trained to detect and defect cars with them.

Limbo
21-08-2008, 04:31 PM
yep they are 8k, blueish tinge. I've seen bluer so i'm assuming there are some with 10k & 12k out there.

I've gone thru breath tests and no issues

FAT VTI
21-08-2008, 05:49 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc168/fatvti/colortemp.jpg

Sp00ny
21-08-2008, 07:52 PM
yep they are 8k, blueish tinge. I've seen bluer so i'm assuming there are some with 10k & 12k out there.

I've gone thru breath tests and no issues

Breath tests don't mean much though, i had a mate that went through with no cat (was waiting for replacement)...was loud and it felt like when we were sitting there we were gonna pass out...and we were inside the car! lol.

Im not really saying anything about the cops atm...Autobahn have already started selling HID Kits(chinese ones for $350 what a rip off!)...so give it a while and cops will be onto them.

Yeah ive seen someone with 32,000k which is close to UV...can barely see in dry conditions and cant see in the wet at all...but the white signs reflect well...lol.

redmugenjazz
21-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Breath tests don't mean much though, i had a mate that went through with no cat (was waiting for replacement)...was loud and it felt like when we were sitting there we were gonna pass out...and we were inside the car! lol.

Im not really saying anything about the cops atm...Autobahn have already started selling HID Kits(chinese ones for $350 what a rip off!)...so give it a while and cops will be onto them.

Yeah ive seen someone with 32,000k which is close to UV...can barely see in dry conditions and cant see in the wet at all...but the white signs reflect well...lol.

lol, dats soo cool, i guess, like uv neons, it would make the lanes flouress aswell,

Sp00ny
22-08-2008, 01:01 AM
lol, dats soo cool, i guess, like uv neons, it would make the lanes flouress aswell,

Yeah you would think that, but the major problem was the lines were wet...so it didnt light them up well. signs looked good though, lol.