PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] 5th Gear Honda Accord Euro review!

Type R Positive
07-07-2008, 05:23 PM
http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=201&model=1207&description=Honda%20Accord
Not much info, but I'd like to see the TV program!
Man, that chick can drive!!!

rusty
08-07-2008, 10:10 AM
why did they say the worst engine is the 2.4 I-VTEC? The one that we have here?

tron07
08-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Most fun: 2.0-litre i-VTEC
Most sensible: 2.2-litre i-DTEC
Worst: 2.4-litre i-VTEC

lol.....

tron07
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
it's available with a 156bhp 2.0 petrol, an all-new 150bhp 2.2 i-DTEC diesel and a 201bhp 2.4 litre petrol, of which the diesel is expected to be the best-seller.

The 2.0 doesnt seems to be the euro r version.... kinda low in power...

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=d01&featureid=1172&description=Honda%20Accord&section=&show=

Type R Positive
08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
The 2.0 doesnt seems to be the euro r version.... kinda low in power...

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=d01&featureid=1172&description=Honda%20Accord&section=&show=
No Euro-R.
The 2.0 is the POS fuel saving model. Im glad we don't get that!!!
The Manual Diesel would be it! (when they make it)

VTECJimStar
08-07-2008, 05:20 PM
No Euro-R.
The Manual Diesel would be it! (when they make it)

Cant wait that long lol.. The review was good otherwise but yeah the comment re the 2.4 was a bit odd? I thought. They LOVED the steering lol.

Type R Positive
08-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Cant wait that long lol.. The review was good otherwise but yeah the comment re the 2.4 was a bit odd? I thought. They LOVED the steering lol.I love the steering! You definately notice it when you drive another car! On my Prado, you can feel every tiny bump/vibration through the wheel. You can't on CU2. Is this a bad thing?

r-r-redEuro
08-07-2008, 05:41 PM
on the prado isnt it supposed to be smooth ? and feel no bumps ? but imo with me, i'd prefer it when i did feel bumps etc i feel more glued to the road then when its heaps smooth.

Type R Positive
08-07-2008, 06:25 PM
on the prado isnt it supposed to be smooth ? and feel no bumps ? but imo with me, i'd prefer it when i did feel bumps etc i feel more glued to the road then when its heaps smooth.
Yes, Prado is smooth. But it night and day difference compared to CU2.
CU2 steering is odd at first, but heaps easy to get used to. So smooooth!
I can see why poeple don't like it though.

SPQR
08-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I love the steering! You definately notice it when you drive another car! On my Prado, you can feel every tiny bump/vibration through the wheel. You can't on CU2. Is this a bad thing?

No! Is good, da? The CU2 is sounding better and better. Personally, I've outgrown steering feedback (and f&%@$*^ tramlining!!!) that seems to be desired by motoring journalists. Give me the smooth dead but direct feel that you describe. I first experienced the smooth dead but direct feel with the new CR-V; then the new Accord and now the new Euro (and loved it). Honda is doing well in my books!

aaronng
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Cant wait that long lol.. The review was good otherwise but yeah the comment re the 2.4 was a bit odd? I thought. They LOVED the steering lol.

The brits are like that. Even with the CL9, their ranking was 2.2 diesel, 2.0 petrol and 2.4 petrol from best to worse.

Edit: I see no mention of the 2.4L in that fifthgear review, only at the end with the fun, sensible and worst. I bet they didn't even touch the 2.4L. LOL

IVTECS4
09-07-2008, 11:59 AM
I love the steering feel on my CL9, the idiots in the motoring magazine always criticise Hondas for steering feedback. The CL9 (their point of view) - responses very well to the inputs but lacks feedback... Pah! - that is why I hate reading wheels , motor or online resources etc..

I found the CL9' steering pretty quick and light at first, but after owning the car for 3 years now - it is very communicative and feedback is good. Just a thought, if you have gotten used to a car for some time like say CL9 or even the new CU2 - the car feels great to drive and there is none of the 'faults' that the journalists mention - then would you think that they are uttering nothing but bs - like not testing it properly or are being biased?

I reckon the CU2 would be great to drive, hrmm maybe next time when I take my CL9 to service - I'll go book a test drive at the dealership .

When I want to see how a car is good to drive - test drive is the best: I wouldn't read the biased and bs from motoring magazines for their point of view of the car.