PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Wrong SatNav version sold during run-out sale

tarik
07-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi all,

Just a helpful tip if anyone else was bought Accord Euro 2008 Lux with SatNav during the run-out sale...

I was given WhereIs v13 disc by the dealer and after complaining that it should be v14 I was told that's all that they had.

I rang Honda and complained to them and after a week or so and a few follow-up calls I was called back by a nice lady in Melbourne who confirmed that all new Honda cars sold after March 2008 should come with v14.

She arranged a free v14 disc to be sent to me and it arrived today.

So, if anyone else received v13 "by mistake" from their dealers, you should ring Honda Australia and request a v14 to be sent for free.

I hope this helps...

Economic
07-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi There,

I specifically asked the dealer if the maps where the latest version.. He said yes being v.13 because it included the m2 and m7. After checking on this website.. low and behold.. there is a v14. I called the dealer today and told him about it and he said he will look into it for me.. He said that was the dvd that comes with the car but he will make some enquiries..

If he does not come up with the goods.. i'll follow your method.. i'm not paying any more $$$ :)

It's like buying a new computer and giving you windows 98 :)

tarik
07-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I called the dealer today and told him about it and he said he will look into it for me.. He said that was the dvd that comes with the car but he will make some enquiries..

Yeah, the dealer gave me the same story: "Sorry, can't help, we just give you what Honda gives us". However, the lady at Honda said that v14 should have been given and asked for dealer details etc, so who knows...

It's like buying a new computer and giving you windows 98 :)

Yeah. Normally I wouldn't care - my old car still has Gregory's Sydney 2000 from when I purchased the car and I never had any issues, but when I buy a new car I expect the latest version.

By the way, since it is a bit precious, I would recommend that you make a backup copy of the DVD and use it in the car and keep the original in a safe place. You never know...

unity
07-07-2008, 10:10 PM
how much does the update cost new?

tarik
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
how much does the update cost new?

It costs $500 from what I read here before.

The X Man
08-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Mmm, thanks for this guys. I'm going down to buy my new car this morning (CL9 - Euro Lux Nav) so i will ask them about this.

Is there much difference between V13 and V14?

xsite85
08-07-2008, 08:55 AM
i heard that with v14 they have added speed/red light cameras, is this myth true?

xsite85
08-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi all,

Just a helpful tip if anyone else was bought Accord Euro 2008 Lux with SatNav during the run-out sale...

I was given WhereIs v13 disc by the dealer and after complaining that it should be v14 I was told that's all that they had.

I rang Honda and complained to them and after a week or so and a few follow-up calls I was called back by a nice lady in Melbourne who confirmed that all new Honda cars sold after March 2008 should come with v14.

She arranged a free v14 disc to be sent to me and it arrived today.

So, if anyone else received v13 "by mistake" from their dealers, you should ring Honda Australia and request a v14 to be sent for free.

I hope this helps...

I just got my CL9 '08 just 2 months ago and i also have received v13, they asked me to complete a survey... just wondering what marks i should give them,

BTW do you have the contact details from the lady from melbourne? i would like to complain about mine

The X Man
08-07-2008, 09:00 AM
BTW do you have the contact details from the lady from melbourne? i would like to complain about mine

Please do share....

unity
08-07-2008, 09:27 AM
It costs $500 from what I read here before.

Thats heaps. Can buy a top of the range portable GPS. V14 is already outdated. Although considered 2008 maps the information is compilled from 2007. If the v14 maps doesn't have new roads like the Pakenham Bypass and the Scoresby Freeway (Melbourne users) complain and demand a heavy discount on the next version.

xsite85
08-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Please do share....

1800 804 954

I just called Honda just then, spoke to a kind lady of the name jenny

She put a concern follow-up of this incident

Jenny advised that i should chase up my dealer first about this issue.

unity
08-07-2008, 09:43 AM
1800 804 954

I just called Honda just then, spoke to a kind lady of the name jenny

She put a concern follow-up of this incident

Jenny advised that i should chase up my dealer first about this issue.

Sounds like the handball game has begun. Honda to dealer, dealer to honda and so on ...

xsite85
08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
spoke to larke hoskins Homebush (Sydney) my dealership

they are just bouncing the blame on HONDA, spoke to the service manager and he advised that when the cars come in whatever dvd was in the car is what you get.

dealership wasn't very helpful at all, they explanation was that, they won't willing to purchase the v14 to compensate, and directed me to talk with HONDA

tarik
08-07-2008, 01:24 PM

Her name was Kathrine, but I don't have her direct phone number. All I did was to call 1800 804 954 and explain the situation (3 times :) ) to them and then I finally got a call back from her.

tarik
08-07-2008, 01:33 PM
spoke to the service manager and he advised that when the cars come in whatever dvd was in the car is what you get

Yeah, that's the same story I got. It could be true, but I didn't quite believe it. Honda has no interest in trying to dump old stock of v13 DVDs since they would just get a refund from WhereIs for unsold stock. The dealership on the other hand...

In any case, I went through Honda and I got the right version less than two weeks after original complaint without any problems other than to follow up twice.

xsite85
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Her name was Kathrine, but I don't have her direct phone number. All I did was to call 1800 804 954 and explain the situation (3 times :) ) to them and then I finally got a call back from her.

I called Honda service desk back and i also spoke to a kathrine...:eek: hopefully we both get the same outcome... 2 weeks is such a long time

i will chase it up this friday :wave:

tim-e
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm not so worried about the info being up to date, I just want the graphics to be a bit nicer to look at.

tarik
08-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm not so worried about the info being up to date, I just want the graphics to be a bit nicer to look at.

v14 definitely doesn't change the graphics - it is just the latest data from WhereIs. The GPS software version is still v3.0 - same ugly design. I agree, it doesn't even come close to TomTom.

I'd love to be able to change some the features of the software, but I've spent a fair bit of time researching it and there's not much that can be done. The guys over in the US have only gotten as far as replacing the startup logo... (no, it doesn't work on the version that we have here)

johnnyofhk
09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
What the hell! I got my CL9 3weeks ago! I will ring them up tmr and claim my V14!!! thx for detail anyway~

king9
17-07-2008, 10:06 AM
If anyone is looking for a V14 disc, please feel free to pm me :D

johnnyofhk
21-07-2008, 11:57 AM
i called honda, the lady said she have no idea what version13 and 14 about... so i need to wait for call back....

xsite85
24-07-2008, 11:51 AM
just received a call from Cathrine from Melbourne 03 9285 5545

v14 was released in march 08

"all the model from CL9 07-08 where equipped with v13 ONLY, as of goodwill from Honda we will issue out the new v14, free of charge."

The X Man
24-07-2008, 12:39 PM
just received a call from Cathrine from Melbourne 03 9285 5545

v14 was released in march 08

"all the model from CL9 07-08 where equipped with v13 ONLY, as of goodwill from Honda we will issue out the new v14, free of charge."

Not quite. She told me before that they will only supply V14 to the runout models that arrived into the country as of the 1st March 2008. This does not sound like goodwill to me! That's another strike against Honda.

johnnyofhk
24-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Not quite. She told me before that they will only supply V14 to the runout models that arrived into the country as of the 1st March 2008. This does not sound like goodwill to me! That's another strike against Honda.

i just received a called this morning and been told the same thing, but i told her i signed the contract on 31MAY... she said she will check it again....

xsite85
24-07-2008, 01:31 PM
i just received a called this morning and been told the same thing, but i told her i signed the contract on 31MAY... she said she will check it again....

ain't you the bloke that smacked the front quarter on your CL9?..

1 month old... poor you... LOL :eek:

johnnyofhk
24-07-2008, 01:51 PM
yea man.. :(
u in sydney? i think someone could burn V14 DVD copy for us

xsite85
24-07-2008, 02:31 PM
yea man.. :(
u in sydney? i think someone could burn V14 DVD copy for us

i'm from sydney, purchased mine in early may

CL9 luxury Black/Black 6MT :wave:

johnnyofhk
24-07-2008, 03:47 PM
i'm from sydney, purchased mine in early may

CL9 luxury Black/Black 6MT :wave:

i got black black as well, lux nav but AT

xsite85
24-07-2008, 04:07 PM
i got black black as well, lux nav but AT

you know whats the funniest part... i got the sat nav as well... had to get mine delivered from VIC.. because it was the last black/black 6MT + sat nav made :eek:

The X Man
24-07-2008, 04:40 PM
This is all strange. I signed my contract 2 weeks ago and she said i don't qualify - go figure?

johnnyofhk
24-07-2008, 09:38 PM
you know whats the funniest part... i got the sat nav as well... had to get mine delivered from VIC.. because it was the last black/black 6MT + sat nav made :eek:

really... the salesman told you that? good on you~

Pumped
25-07-2008, 09:41 AM
This is all strange. I signed my contract 2 weeks ago and she said i don't qualify - go figure?

Ultimately you guys would of checked over and approved the vehicle on delivery?
I believe thats how it works, If you approved to recieve the car with V13 Sat Nav i dont believe Honda are liable to provide you with the new Software, and if they are doing so it's out of good faith.

unity
25-07-2008, 10:00 AM
What if Honda is delibretly giving the older version at the expense of the of new stock just to clear the old stock out? All sat nav companies guarantee the latest maps when you purchase portable units. It should be no different for inbuilt systems.

tony1234
25-07-2008, 11:12 AM
What if Honda is delibretly giving the older version at the expense of the of new stock just to clear the old stock out? All sat nav companies guarantee the latest maps when you purchase portable units. It should be no different for inbuilt systems.
You're right.I'll bet thats what Honda are doing the tight asses,clearing out all their old crap.make sure you complain to Honda HO.

xsite85
25-07-2008, 05:33 PM
v14 came in express post today.. thanks HONDA for the extra $600 cd :thumbsup:

The X Man
25-07-2008, 11:20 PM
v14 came in express post today.. thanks HONDA for the extra $600 cd :thumbsup:

Whats the build date of your car?

hidden_hunter
26-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I bought a fully loaded (took delivery today) runout model and same deal with the maps, v13. Only noticed on the way home that they weren't even remotely current when I went on Eastlink :P

Mike Star
26-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi guys once you get whatever version of Sat Nav you work out ........ THEN
Join me in complaining to Honda Australia about the following:
- Honda insist on Sensis Where Is loading all data on the location of all Honda Dealerships thus making the Honda Ver 13, 14 or whatever unique and hence more costly
- Honda disables the system in regard to our being able to utilise Red Light Camera, Speed Camera and Scholl Zone data despite this all beiong approved by the NRMA and similar, RTA and similar and Police Services.

So for the benefit of paying whatever premium you all paid for your Sat Nav loaded Euro you then have to pay premium prices for Upgrade discs AND you lose access to valuable data.

You can't get around this by just purchasing the lates Generic Where Is ver 14 as the Honda System will noit run it.

I have suggested to Honda that they just provide each customer with a hard copy of all the Dealership locations and the owner can decide which of them he/she needs to enter. So far NO response to this issue.

I have written to Honda and am waiting on a "reasonable" response. So far I have just received crap.

The more of you who write and complain the better for all of us.

xsite85
26-07-2008, 02:00 PM
whats the build date of your car?

02/08

hidden_hunter
26-07-2008, 02:03 PM
- Honda insist on Sensis Where Is loading all data on the location of all Honda Dealerships thus making the Honda Ver 13, 14 or whatever unique and hence more costly
- Honda disables the system in regard to our being able to utilise Red Light Camera, Speed Camera and Scholl Zone data despite this all beiong approved by the NRMA and similar, RTA and similar and Police Services.

So for the benefit of paying whatever premium you all paid for your Sat Nav loaded Euro you then have to pay premium prices for Upgrade discs AND you lose access to valuable data.

You can't get around this by just purchasing the lates Generic Where Is ver 14 as the Honda System will noit run it.

I have suggested to Honda that they just provide each customer with a hard copy of all the Dealership locations and the owner can decide which of them he/she needs to enter. So far NO response to this issue.

I have written to Honda and am waiting on a "reasonable" response. So far I have just received crap.

Yeah sounds like a plan, I know what you mean about others not working. The first thing I tried was the v14 that came with my parents x5

The X Man
26-07-2008, 04:10 PM
02/08

Thanks mate, same build as mine yet she tells me no. I'll ring her up again and demand to know why they are so selective with who gets waht etc.

hidden_hunter
26-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Mine's build date was october/07 but it's a new car, i'm guessing that means i'm out of luck with Honda AU then?

tarik
26-07-2008, 10:41 PM

Honda v14 was released to the market on 1st March, so I think it's more than reasonable from Honda to only supply v14 to vehicles bought after 1st March.

What if Honda is delibretly giving the older version at the expense of the of new stock just to clear the old stock out?

I really don't think this is the case. Honda would pay a license to Sensis per unit sold. I think it's more the dealers who are trying to clear old stock.

johnnyofhk
26-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks mate, same build as mine yet she tells me no. I'll ring her up again and demand to know why they are so selective with who gets waht etc.

mine is 01/08

johnnyofhk
26-07-2008, 11:34 PM

should we say otherwise complain to ACCC? ;)

The X Man
27-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Honda v14 was released to the market on 1st March, so I think it's more than reasonable from Honda to only supply v14 to vehicles bought after 1st March..

Like i said before, i bought the car just over 2 WEEKS ago, well AFTER the 1st of March and she said i was not entitled to the upgrade. She said it's not when the car is purchased, it's when it was made that decided who get V14 and who doesn't.

tarik
27-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Like i said before, i bought the car just over 2 WEEKS ago, well AFTER the 1st of March and she said i was not entitled to the upgrade. She said it's not when the car is purchased, it's when it was made that decided who get V14 and who doesn't.

That doesn't sound right - I would keep complaining.

xsite85
27-07-2008, 02:19 AM

what you should do mate is call the HONDA service desk first... then you get a reference number... you have to wait like 2-3 weeks to get a reply... then eventually they would give in.. :wave:

unity
27-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Speak to Honda about going by the compliance date and not the manufacture date. I assume that the software is not factory fitted but done by Honda once the car arrives here, and I assume nothing is done to the car until after it has received its official compliance.

hidden_hunter
28-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Just spoke with Honda Australia about this, they told me to get in contact with the dealer first. Spoke to the dealer who said they should of been included and it was an oversight, though he said that it will come to him from Honda Australia

xsite85
28-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Just spoke with Honda Australia about this, they told me to get in contact with the dealer first. Spoke to the dealer who said they should of been included and it was an oversight, though he said that it will come to him from Honda Australia

they are just throwing the blame around... once you purchase the vehicle, the dealer is out of the picture.. you have to speak with HONDA service desk:honda:

UNLS1
28-07-2008, 05:45 PM
i was just sold if u got v13 with the runout euro then thats what u get. if u want 14 u pay or get the dealer to pay but i doubt they would do it.

xsite85
28-07-2008, 05:49 PM
i was just sold if u got v13 with the runout euro then thats what u get. if u want 14 u must pay for it or get ur dealer to buy it off honda and pay for it for you.
Good luck.

You guys will have NO chance at all getting v14 unless u pay.

LOL well said UNLS1... sorry kids.. HONDA is not willing to fork out anymore free v14 dvd's to all the runout sale purchases

:wave:

hidden_hunter
29-07-2008, 12:40 AM
they are just throwing the blame around... once you purchase the vehicle, the dealer is out of the picture.. you have to speak with HONDA service desk:honda:
my dealer is posting the dvd out to me so that kind of makes your theory incorrect.

xsite85
29-07-2008, 01:08 AM
my dealer is posting the dvd out to me so that kind of makes your theory incorrect.

your dealer is willing to send it over... i received mine when i complained to HONDA service desk, completely different aspect :o

The X Man
29-07-2008, 03:02 PM
It seems Honda has now released a bulliten to all dealers advising that V14 discs will only be supplied with 09 Euro's. So irrespective of when your car is made, or better yet when you have bought it your stuck with a very old and outdated version of the Sensis maps.

Obviously Honda has decided that onwers of the superceded models just purchased aren't worthy of this "should have" upgrade and have turned their back on us depsite earlier advising that any cars sold after the 1st March 08 would be eligable.

Nice one Honda, i know where my money will be going next time when buying a new car and it won't be in your sorry ass pockets.

Economic
30-07-2008, 11:07 AM
I can confirm that Honda Australia has sent out a bulletin that they will not be sending out any v14 Nav discs. They said you may only get the v14 disc if the dealer is willing to wear the cost... I'm onto the dealer to get me this disc :) Let you know how I go...

Regards,
Eco..

unity
02-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Are the Sat Navs compatible with the Suna Traffic Channel?

hidden_hunter
02-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Are the Sat Navs compatible with the Suna Traffic Channel?

not as far as i'm aware

king9
26-08-2008, 07:12 PM
anyone have any luck?

Economic
04-09-2008, 12:41 PM
after waiting almost 2 months, i finally went in and had mud guards and boot tray installed. I also got my v14 disc as promised ages ago. seems to be more points of interest than the old version. It is based on 2007 maps not 2005 that is on v13.

ktvin09
04-09-2008, 01:25 PM
r15 came out recently...

The X Man
07-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Anyone got a copy V15?

honda2
14-03-2009, 02:55 PM
For the V15 update @ $550.00 for the update you expect to know a release date

Shame Honda Shame

purpleax
23-06-2009, 08:19 PM
which one is the latest - 14 or 15?

BatRambo
23-06-2009, 08:23 PM
which one is the latest - 14 or 15?

v15, CU2 price from dealer is round 480$ :eek::zip: Maybe its GOLD Plated :p

purpleax
23-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Considering its $185 US in the states, its a rip - especially with no Speed and redlight cameras.

I will make sure they stick in the v15 dvd when I pick mine up next week

bb1228
06-07-2009, 12:29 PM
I have just received this email after 12 months of sending emails and phone calls thank you Stephen:

Simon thank you for your enquiry on availability of V15 Sat Nav disc.

V15 is available for 2009 Accord Euro but this system is not compatible with your vehicle which is a 2008 model.
I have made enquires with Honda Australia if V15 will be available for 2008 model Euro and unfortunately there is nothing on order for this model at this time.

If you have any further question you can contact me on:
02 62213531 or 0402 898449.
Regards
Stephen

WHERE is my V15 update or is it once you sell the vehicle you don't give a stuff, you say after sale service that's bull crap
I think its time to buy a Navman or TomTom and my next vehicle will be BMW for sure
Shame on you Honda Shame
##CAN ANYBODY SELL ME A COPY OF V14 PLEASE PLEASE ##

so that's mean....the before2009's models have to use the old maps? That's worst than buying a laptop(according to the dealer, GPS system worth around $3000. Its double price than a laptop). We got at least few years softwares or firmwares updates for the laptop. For the Honda, even though we are willing to pay that $500 to buy the dvd, thats no hardware to match it. l:thumbdwn:. That's ridiculous.

At least Honda should provide some free firemware update to use new maps, very disappointed:thumbdwn:

BatRambo
06-07-2009, 01:33 PM
At least Honda should provide some free firemware update to use new maps, very disappointed:thumbdwn:

This would happen only in our dreams ;)

hidden_hunter
11-07-2009, 11:01 AM
If we had a copy of v15 we might be able to figure out what we need to do make it compatible with ours, I highly doubt the format has changed that much between revisions.

alex31
20-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi all. a big news. Today, a Honda dealer told me the V15 for CL9 will released in 2 months.

We just had a talk from basic questions.
I asked him how much the V15 disc for Euro.
He said 499.
I asked, it can work in 07 model or not.
He said not sure, then make a call to distributor. (I think he called to Whereis.)
After the short call, he told me the V15 for CL9 will come in 2 month.

That's all. I expect some big graphic changes, as well as red light / speed camera feature.

honda2
20-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I went in and asked my Dealer in Ringwood about my Whereis Honda CL9 V15 update
He sold me a V15 I went outside to install it, it said wrong DVD The @^&*%$ thing was for a 2009 model (These people know stuff all)
These @#%%% people should all get the arse and be re-employed on performance then 1 in a hundred would get there job back maybe.?
Then the Honda dealer said Accord Euro luxury model CL9 V15 satellite navigation software update is being prepared (another 2 Months)
They say they are having problems with the Software Transfer
My problem is how come we have a V13 & V14 and now we forgot how to create V15

I believe they just don't care with after sale service in regard to V15

Honda get your act together as my next car WONT be a Honda

Nibbler
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Anyone had any luck with a V15 sat nav update for their CL9 ?
I saw my local dealer a couple of weeks ago. He tried to sell me V14:thumbdwn:
Talk a few months ago was V15 around end Sept.
Any news ?
Nibbler

honda2
06-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Somebody in the Honda Shed finally talks

I have just had a phone call after my not so nice Email to Honda, by somebody at the top in Honda and he promised a release of 2007 - 2008 Honda Accord Euro Luxury Model CL V15 update will be released by the end of this Month (at a price of course) but at least I/We have the answer we are all after.
But with their record don't hold your breath Honda is still Honda. I knew this would all be BULLSHIT

Today 31/10/2009 sent of another email to HONDA but they are all dumb shits and they will probably ring and give me a lot of lies and excuses as usual
IF EVERYBODY SENDS EMAILS TO HONDA AUSTRALIA "Contact Us at" HEAD OFFICE NOW AND MAKE THEM LISTEN UNITED WE STAND
DON'T SIT BACK AND WAIT YOU PAID BIG BIG BUCKS FOR THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM SO YOU WANT UPDATES at a reasonable price

AND YES I AM BLOODY ANGRY

honda2
19-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi all
Good news at last
I have just Purchased on the 20/11/2009 from my Ringwood Victoria Dealer,
My 2008 Honda Accord Euro Luxury Nav. Model CL9 V15 Update
to suit my System "Mitsubishi Satnav. indash System"
THE PRODUCT IS AS FOLLOWS
Whereis Navigation Data
Australia V15
Euro (MY 2006 - 2008).
Accord V6L (MY 2006 - 2007)
Part No: 39010-SES-L04

Priced at $395.00 Including GST with a $25.00 Promotion Redemtion voucher
AND IT WORKS ON MY CL9

Euro707
19-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Somebody in the Honda Shed finally talks

Today 31/10/2009 sent of another email to HONDA but they are all dumb shits and they will probably ring and give me a lot of lies and excuses as usual
IF EVERYBODY SENDS EMAILS TO HONDA AUSTRALIA "Contact Us at" HEAD OFFICE NOW AND MAKE THEM LISTEN UNITED WE STAND
DON'T SIT BACK AND WAIT YOU PAID FOR THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM SO YOU WANT UPDATES

AND YES I AM BLOODY ANGRY

The Clowns at HA are really doing the brand a lot of damage. They do not respond to calls, are rude /use sarcasm in emails and give the "fob off" -talk to your dealer spiel.

The Customer Service area neeeds a major shakeup.

I'm also BLOODY ANGRY.........as my 09 Euro still pings after the "fix"..!!!!:thumbdwn:

honda2
20-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi all
Good news at last
Honda after sales stil don't work as it took several nasty emails to Head Office to get results
I have just Purchased on the 20/11/2009 from my Ringwood Victoria Dealer,
My 2008 Honda Accord Euro Luxury Nav. Model CL9 V15 Update
to suit my System "Mitsubishi Satnav. indash System"
THE PRODUCT IS AS FOLLOWS
Whereis Navigation Data
Australia V15
Euro (MY 2006 - 2008).
Accord V6L (MY 2006 - 2007)

Priced at $395.00 Including GST with a $25.00 Promotion Redemtion voucher
AND IT WORKS ON MY CL9

tony1234
21-11-2009, 07:34 AM
$395.00.What a rip.

Xplodin
21-11-2009, 07:47 AM
$395.00.What a rip.
I couldn't Agree with you anymore! Let see if i can get it cheaper from my contact within honda. :D

The X Man
21-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I thought the indash units were Alpine, not Mitsubishi ???

honda2
22-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi The X Man
I was told the 2009 models are Alpine but earlier models are Mitsubishi, and the reason they changed units is that the Alpine units are cheaper.
Trouble is it does not say anything in the manual about the make.
Why is honda not mentioning this, (who knows) maybe it would make life easer for the owner.
Honda is still shattering my dreams

Xplodin
23-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Apparently Whereis is looking to release V16...

king9
13-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey guys , any torrent to get v14?

jtoyod
27-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I've just purchased (25 Jan 2010) my brand new Honda Accord Luxury V6 VCM though it's 2008 model and it came with Whereis Navigation Data Australia V.14

I complaint back to Sales Department and guess what they will provide me with the new V15 as a free upgrade.

What I will do when I receive it though, I will make a copy and use a copied disc in my car, the original disc I may sell it on eBay ho ho ho ho ho..

I was told that this V15 version will only be compatible with 2008 model I guess it's "mitsubishi" satnav. The "Alpine" satnav is for 2009 model onward

I have no problem to share this disc if anyone want it, however it will be $40 dollars for time spent to copy and post it off to whoever want the version 15.

Don't forget that I haven't got the V15 in my hand as yet LOL !!!!

Zapped
27-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I've just purchased (25 Jan 2010) my brand new Honda Accord Luxury V6 VCM though it's 2008 model and it came with Whereis Navigation Data Australia V.14

I complaint back to Sales Department and guess what they will provide me with the new V15 as a free upgrade.

What I will do when I receive it though, I will make a copy and use a copied disc in my car, the original disc I may sell it on eBay ho ho ho ho ho..

I was told that this V15 version will only be compatible with 2008 model I guess it's "mitsubishi" satnav. The "Alpine" satnav is for 2009 model onward

I have no problem to share this disc if anyone want it, however it will be $40 dollars for time spent to copy and post it off to whoever want the version 15.

Don't forget that I haven't got the V15 in my hand as yet LOL !!!!

How can I found out if my car (bought Jan 09 but built Oct 08) has "mitsubishi" or "Alpine" satnav? I may be interested in your offer.

jtoyod
27-01-2010, 02:15 PM
How can I found out if my car (bought Jan 09 but built Oct 08) has "mitsubishi" or "Alpine" satnav? I may be interested in your offer.
The Honda Version 15 designed for

Accord Euro (Model Year 2006 - 2008).
Accord V6L (Model Year 2006 - 2007)

I guess in your scenario is a compatible one, though I suggest you check this with Honda Service Center whether you can use the Part number above with your car or not

kimnkk
27-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah by 08 and 09 i think they mean CL9 and CU2, respectively.

CU2's are considered to start from '09' onwards even though they came out mid 08.

I recently got V14 for the CU2, can't believe V15 is out already!

jtoyod
02-10-2010, 12:51 PM
All,

I have Whereis V16 though will only work for certain model, here's the info

Whereis Navigation Data Australia 16
Updated Road network to 2009 UBD
Ver 16.01 for Honda

Part No. 39010-TC0-Q03

From what I checked with Honda this Part no will only work on
Honda Accord Luxury 2009-2010
Honda Accord Euro 2008-2009

I can sell a copy of this DVD disc for $40 to whoever interested