PDA

View Full Version : windscreen water

MWAKU
08-07-2008, 12:01 AM
somg my windscreen water thing, the water is so dirty, i can see it go brown n shit and make my windscreen dirty after i set it off =_= it comes out relatively clear, then when the wipers wipe it the side, i see the water go brown and drip down the side. and after driving, having a look at the car, look like I've hit the jungle or someshit

i dunno if its the wipers or the water but its so ghay..

i opened the bonnet and looked for the water thing, and its like a twisting tube with a light blue lid which i can't take out to empty and refill with water?

should i just put some water in there anyway? and is it even the right thing?

TheGoodDeal
08-07-2008, 12:19 AM
You can stick the garden hose right down to the bottom of windscreen bottle and turn the tap on to flush out all dirty stuff in there until water is clear. Then buy some windscreen washer additive (like Rain X) from supercheap and add in to the bottle.

Limo
08-07-2008, 02:21 AM
does it always leave your windscreen dirty?..like after every time or just sometimes.. cos if its only sometimes, it could be very fine dust/dirt thats already on your windscreen, and when you wipe it it clumps together.

if you want to drain the waterbottle, just hold the spray on until it drains out and then flush out the bottle of any dirt etc on the bottom of the bottle. also give your wiper rubbers a clean.

Ry_
08-07-2008, 02:45 AM
What the previous posters said. And Rain-X ftw!

Simmo2302
08-07-2008, 08:57 PM
or if u r a cheapie, instaed of additive like rain x, just add a capfull of vinegar or metho, it will clean out any crap clogging the jets or lines aswell.

MWAKU
08-07-2008, 11:01 PM
SO metho ay? i'll try that..

thanks guys!

johnprocter
08-07-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah also metho and cordial is good to drink give that a go

mrwillz
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
cordial is good for my thirst

VTECMACHINE
09-07-2008, 01:16 PM
You most likely have dirt on your windscreen man. When you spray the water on to the screen, it mixes with the dirt and then looks all gross and sh*t.